No announcement yet.

Black Panther is now the third highest grossing Domestic movie of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    The title said 3rd and last I checked, 34th is WWWWAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BELOW 3rd.

That's all I'm gonna say, bruh. I don't want to go back and forth with you for 600 posts like you're known for. Just not that into it today, but have a good one.
    You adjusted the gross for inflation. It's still an amazing accomplishment. There isn't anything more to say.

Hope you enjoy your day as well.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      That's what they are supposed to do.

That's what movies are supposed to do. Entertain.

Have you ever seen a movie that you enjoyed, or do you find a problem with every movie?

Now every time someone buys a movie ticket, they've been played

You're clueless and bitter as fcvk

Yes, entertain, but if you are so easily entertained that all it takes is for lead character and character to to be the same sex or race as you, then you are very simple.

Yes, I like movies where the plot, acting, and cinematography are on point, the race of the characters mean little to me.

When they appeal to the simplistic ideas like watch this film for women or black empowerment, then they certainly have been played.

Comment

Man, the scene with Killmonger and the glasses!

"Did they pay a fair price, or did they take it like they took everything else?"

I was surprised they went there! A supervillain who actually has legitimate gripes and isn't just out for himself, kinda refreshing!

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Yes, entertain, but if you are so easily entertained that all it takes is for lead character and character to to be the same sex or race as you, then you are very simple.

Yes, I like movies where the plot, acting, and cinematography are on point, the race of the characters mean little to me.

When they appeal to the simplistic ideas like watch this film for women or black empowerment, then they certainly have been played.
          I saw the movie in South Korea, where the movie did very well. The white Canadian and white American that I saw it with loved the movie. White critics have gone on record saying it was great. Not sure what your problem is

Maybe you're the one making it bigger than it is. If you didn't like it, that's your opinion and that's what it is. Why do you need to bring in such other bs like saying people who paid money for it are getting played. That's asinine.

Comment

I saw the movie in South Korea, where the movie did very well. The white Canadian and white American that I saw it with loved the movie. White critics have gone on record saying it was great. Not sure what your problem is

Maybe you're the one making it bigger than it is. If you didn't like it, that's your opinion and that's what it is. Why do you need to bring in such other bs like saying people who paid money for it are getting played. That's asinine.
            It's just an opinion. Why is it when anyone criticizes this movie you act like it's an attack on your identity? Bunch of dumb motha****as.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
              It's just an opinion. Why is it when anyone criticizes this movie you act like it's an attack on your identity? Bunch of dumb motha****as.
              Go read my post again...the one that you responded to, you moron

Clearly says he's entitled to his opinion, but why go overboard? I wouldn't expect you to be able to comprehend written English very well.

So long, chump

Comment

Go read my post again...the one that you responded to, you moron

Clearly says he's entitled to his opinion, but why go overboard? I wouldn't expect you to be able to comprehend written English very well.

So long, chump
                None of that nonsense explains why you act like someones opinion about a comic book movie is an attack on your identity. You lame ass motha****a
                Last edited by Bobby Deez; 04-08-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Black people were happy to see themselves represented by a black superhero. And the Marvel Universe fanboys were happy to see another character in the pantheon get a movie.

It's a positive thing all the way around. Yet you seem to be quite triggered by it and feel the need to take little condescending digs.

See my response above.

The movie brought enjoyment and positivity to people, maybe even some inspiration. And it was wildly successful financially.

Why is it not ok to celebrate that? Are you that small of a person that you have to find something negative in it just because black folk are involved?
                  Interestingly enough , the Fox News Derrrs were angrier over the Ghostbuster remake than they are this movie.

Comment

Haven't seen the film, but I seen how it is marketed, and the used the same model as Wonder Woman.

But hey it's opium for the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      Haven't seen the film, but I seen how it is marketed, and the used the same model as Wonder Woman.

But hey it's opium for the masses.
                      You haven't even seen it?????

How is it marketed? With a trailer of the film? lol.

Dude....seriously. Just nevermind. Take care

Comment

Working...
                      X