Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neil D. Tyson: The existence of ‘flat earthers’ proves American schools have failed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
    But it gets the ball rolling towards fixing the system. That's the point. It wont fix everything overnight, but it will give parents and students the choice to go somewhere else. If a local school district has constant fights, drug dealers, and gangbangers and some bright student doesn't want to be in that environment and wants to go to a better school in the next school district, they should be given that right.

Freedom of choice and association are hallmarks of American democracy. I find it anti-American to take that choice away.
    Well no, school choice is not about jumping school districts as you see fit. Its about being able to use the education funding allocated to your child and put towards private school.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        And you are qualified to speak on math, physic's, theology, Big Bang, Hebrew and other religious texts. Que quieres dicier? What are you trying to say?

How young and ignorant are you?
        I guess im simply saying humans have always had bizarre beliefs.
        Educated or not. We are prone to such faiths.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
          They tend not to comment on other planets too much.

There are many videos saying the moon is flat, the sun is just a giant hovering lamp, and all we are taught about space are lies, because we only get information about space from NASA which is just part of the illuminati brainwashing system.

You could add to that how our culture has continuously accepted and encouraged the majority to believe in invisible super beings (God) and magical supermen (Jesus) and ancient superstitious mind abilities (prayer) and mythical fantasy lands (heaven/hell)...etc etc.

You get the idea.

If we accept belief in the seemingly absurd, we cant be surprised when new faux religious beliefs pop up in the guise of Scientology, flat earth bs and all manner of conspiracy bs.
          I am a believer and I do pray for all non-believers but I understand you have your own free will. But I will tell you this, Id much rather believe there is a God, die, then find out there is not a God; then not believe, die, and find out there is 1.

Comment

Neil Degrasse Tyson everybody

Comment

Working...
            X