Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you make friends with your neighbors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you make friends with your neighbors?

Growing up my mom and dad always told me that its better to just share a cordial, "hi & bye" relationship with your neighbors. The reasoning they said, neighbors tend to be nosey and gossip, and that = DRAMA.

With that said, you can find my next door neighbor on just about anybody and everybodies lawn starting up and carrying a conversation with anyone that will listen. Hes 1 of those guys that loves to give advice and is very opinionated but yet he is never asked for it. Anyways, it really bothers him that I dont speak to much to him nor have I taken any of "his advice."

Am I wrong?

For sure not wrong, I'm that way myself.

But in particular for your specific case I can understand it cuz you got a whole family to deal with iirc. You probably wanna deal with your family or be doing something to get some private time not talk to a random stranger who happens to live near you. I'd certainly be doing that in your situation, family sh^t or please everyone stfu & give me some alone time.

Comment

I try to get along with my neighbors, and I generally get along good with my neighbors.

Only one place we lived did I have troubles with a neighbor. He'd call the cops on me a few times over nonsense, but never came over and told me had a problem with me. I only found out it was him calling all those times after he moved.

Comment

Lol what advice does this guy try to give you? That's strange.

I just have a 'hey how's it going' relationship with the other people in my building.

Comment

Growing up in NYC, we all knew our neighbors, whether we wanted to or not. Grew up in tenement buildings where you're all stacked up on top of one another. Summer time everyone is out on the stoop or in their beach chairs. I really liked that sense of community we had growing up.

Ever since I left the city, I've lived in suburbs and smaller cities. People tend to keep to themselves for the most part. Fenced yards, automatic garages that neighbors just drive in and out of, people walking around with earplugs in their heads, and many of these communities I lived in were quite transient, so people don't tend to bother to invest in their neighbors.

These days I tend to keep to myself, but I won't shy away from a conversation if the opportunity presents itself, I just don't go out of my way to talk to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            For sure not wrong, I'm that way myself.

But in particular for your specific case I can understand it cuz you got a whole family to deal with iirc. You probably wanna deal with your family or be doing something to get some private time not talk to a random stranger who happens to live near you. I'd certainly be doing that in your situation, family sh^t or please everyone stfu & give me some alone time.
            Glad I am not the only 1! Yeah man, thats kinda how i feel, even though he lives next to me hes still just some random guy. I mean I would call the cops if I seen some1 breaking into his house or Id call the fire dept if his house is on fire. I just dont see whats the point of letting this guys know what I am making for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

I just have a 'hey how's it going' relationship with the other people in my building.
              Like how much I should run my AC, what time I should take my dog for a walk, what I should push my kids to be when they grow up etc... I mean the mans not mean or a douche, he just seems to pry. It kinda seems like he thinks he has the right to know because he lives next door.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Good question.

Hopefully its weird or creepy sh^t like "You know how you can get your wife to do **** more? I got this lil trick I do...." type sh^t.

Comment

this is what i do:

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    Like how much I should run my AC, what time I should take my dog for a walk, what I should push my kids to be when they grow up etc... I mean the mans not mean or a douche, he just seems to pry. It kinda seems like he thinks he has the right to know because he lives next door.
                    That reminds me of this fictional podcast I just heard. Up a couple levels doe.
                    http://www.thetruthpodcast.com/story...1/31/the-co-op

These people move into a co-op & neighbors tell them they should Feng Shui their furniture & come in borrowing their sh^t when they aren't home & all kinds of imposing sh^t. Weird episode.

Comment

Working...
                    X