Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armed deputy at Florida high school resigns after failing to engage shooter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's an emotional story and obviously we react to the idea that these kids needed protecting, he was in place, and he didn't protect them.

that said, i don't blame this cop for being outmatched and knowing it. show up with a pistol on a dude with an AR and you'll very likely get smoked.

my beef with what he did is that he could ahve done more, safely, and didn't. could have helped kids evacuate, could have stalled the shooter, could have gathered information for his backup, could have done a lot of things. and he sat outside while 17 people died, including an adult without a gun or training who literally took bullets for kids and died.

he stayed literally outside of the building according to reports. this guy was what we called a "resource officer" when i was in high school. he's a school employee, but he's also a cop and carries a gun. this is what he's there to do.

if there's a better argument for gun control than just reading about what this istuation, i don't knbow what it is. a trained cop couldn't stop this 19 year old kid with an AR15. he didn't even f#cking try! good guys with guns do not prevent this stuff from happening!

just look at the statistics in other developed countries, this **** doesn't f#cking happen! we're the country with all the guns. surely it should be safer, right?

mental health doe
    not muh guns doe.

there's going to be a democratic congress and executive administration soon. when that comes we're going to see a renewed ban on assault weapons. they serve no purpose outside of a warzone.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      that said, i don't blame this cop for being outmatched and knowing it. show up with a pistol on a dude with an AR and you'll very likely get smoked.
      yeah but it was a kid though. im sure that kid's aim aint that sharp. if it was an adult then i see your point but it was a kid. the only reason why he was able to kill that many people was because he didnt need to aim.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
        yeah but it was a kid though. im sure that kid's aim aint that sharp. if it was an adult then i see your point but it was a kid. the only reason why he was able to kill that many people was because he didnt need to aim.

he had a gun that doesn't require good aim, man! that's why they're so dangerous! it's not like shooting a pistol, you aim down the barrel at the general area of the target and pull the trigger. the gun recoils against your shoulder, and fires small bullets incredibly fast. it's easy to shoot! if your target is still upright you keep shooting. and they do tons of damage if you hit your target once. here's a report from a radiologist who looked at many of the x rays from the shooting, and who ahs dealt with gunshots from handguns for years
        https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...n-guns/553937/

Comment

it's an emotional story and obviously we react to the idea that these kids needed protecting, he was in place, and he didn't protect them.

my beef with what he did is that he could ahve done more, safely, and didn't. could have helped kids evacuate, could have stalled the shooter, could have gathered information for his backup, could have done a lot of things. and he sat outside while 17 people died, including an adult without a gun or training who literally took bullets for kids and died.

he stayed literally outside of the building according to reports. this guy was what we called a "resource officer" when i was in high school. he's a school employee, but he's also a cop and carries a gun. this is what he's there to do.

if there's a better argument for gun control than just reading about what this istuation, i don't knbow what it is. a trained cop couldn't stop this 19 year old kid with an AR15. he didn't even f#cking try! good guys with guns do not prevent this stuff from happening!

just look at the statistics in other developed countries, this **** doesn't f#cking happen! we're the country with all the guns. surely it should be safer, right?

mental health doe
          not muh guns doe.

there's going to be a democratic congress and executive administration soon. when that comes we're going to see a renewed ban on assault weapons. they serve no purpose outside of a warzone.
          AR-15s are not used in warzones.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            I saw the lead sheriff interview talking about what the guy should have done. Easy for him to say that in hindsight from behind a desk.

Naw. Everyone screwed up here.
            • FBI gave him a pass
            • Clearly terroristic social media, got a pass
            • Threatened local enforcement with a gun, got a pass
            • Was not monitored despite students warning the school, got a pass
            • history of mental illness and racist manners, got a pass

They didn't want to stop this guy. If they did, they had every possible chance to.

Funny to me that they'll chain up Wesley Snipes for not filing tax forms. Yet this guy is a domestic terrorist with signs all over the place and nothing's done.

I agree 100%. I can't believe the FBI didn't do anything, that really bothers me.

Comment

he had a gun that doesn't require good aim, man! that's why they're so dangerous! it's not like shooting a pistol, you aim down the barrel at the general area of the target and pull the trigger. the gun recoils against your shoulder, and fires small bullets incredibly fast. it's easy to shoot! if your target is still upright you keep shooting. and they do tons of damage if you hit your target once. here's a report from a radiologist who looked at many of the x rays from the shooting, and who ahs dealt with gunshots from handguns for years
              good lord.

dude you sound like a used car salesman. AR-15s aren't full-auto. it requires about the same effort as aiming and shooting a pistol at any distance. its advantage in effective distance is a non-factor in a close quarter setting like a school where pistols are way more ideal to use over a long rifle. a .45 caliber pistol will do about as much if not more damage than a .223 AR-15 at close distances. you should look into selling used AR-15s.
              Last edited by John Barron; 02-23-2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

I agree with his resignation.

Comment

Good article. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
                    I agree with his resignation.

He had one job!

Comment

Fuçk that piece of sh it deputy. He knew his job, and he didn't do it. He b itched out, and hid like a b itch while that moron went through shooting kids.

Comment

Working...
                      X