Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its Official....Black Panther Is The Greatest Movie Of All Time....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
    Euh... So following the source material, in this case the comic books, is a gimmick?
    yes......obviously and how many people give the actual creators credit ???

rhetorical question

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
      was it or was it not a huge marketing tool ?????
      ''black'' twitter seemed to think so
      I touched on this yesterday. With a predominantly black cast, black director, and more resources to hire multiple marketing agencies they marketed the film in the mainstream as well as directly to African Americans.

You had the cast doing interviews on E! and in Lexus commercials, like all blockbusters. In addition, you had a much larger presence on urban radio, TV and social media.

You seem to have a problem that the film was marketed and promoted as both a Marvel Comics movie (which it is) and a groundbreaking film for african Americans (which it was from a resource allotment perspective).

Why does this cause you to react the way you do?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I touched on this yesterday. With a predominantly black cast, black director, and more resources to hire multiple marketing agencies they marketed the film in the mainstream as well as directly to African Americans.

You had the cast doing interviews on E! and in Lexus commercials, like all blockbusters. In addition, you had a much larger presence on urban radio, TV and social media.

You seem to have a problem that the film was marketed and promoted as both a Marvel Comics movie (which it is) and a groundbreaking film for african Americans (which it was from a resource allotment perspective).

Why does this cause you to react the way you do?
        my level of reaction is nowhere near as the levels on ''black'' twitter

try to be honest here, if titanic went the ''all white'' marketing route, you wouldnt have a reaction similar to mine ????

Comment

yes......obviously and how many people give the actual creators credit ???

rhetorical question
          Yawn, for a second there I forgot that I explained all of this to you already.

The 'creators' were there every step of the way promoting this movie. The main actor was rolling Stan Lee around on his wheelchair during the promo tour.

Stan Lee didnt get credit doe LMAO!!!

Comment

my level of reaction is nowhere near as the levels on ''black'' twitter

try to be honest here, if titanic went the ''all white'' marketing route, you wouldnt have a reaction similar to mine ????
            You didn't answer the question.

Why does it bother you that black people were happy the film was marketed toward them and expressed that on "black" twitter?

LMFAO! I do not agree that the "all black" marketing route was used for this film. I frankly don't even know what that means.

The all white marketing route, if you mean marketing a film specifically to white people, has always been used since the beginning of Hollywood. No I wouldn't complain about it because I am used to movies like Titanic not being marketed to African Americans through urban radio and TV.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
              Yawn, for a second there I forgot that I explained all of this to you already.

The 'creators' were there every step of the way promoting this movie. The main actor was rolling Stan Lee around on his wheelchair during the promo tour.

Stan Lee didnt get credit doe LMAO!!!
              https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...w=1092&bih=749

https://www.google.com/search?client....0.a85EO-X6caM

almost seems accidental

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                You didn't answer the question.

Why does it bother you that black people were happy the film was marketed toward them and expressed that on "black" twitter?

LMFAO! I do not agree that the "all black" marketing route was used for this film. I frankly don't even know what that means.

The all white marketing route, if you mean marketing a film specifically to white people, has always been used since the beginning of Hollywood. No I wouldn't complain about it because I am used to movies like Titanic not being marketed to African Americans through urban radio and TV.
                ive mentioned that im not bothered a million times yet you keep saying im bothered

please show me where a film had that ''all white'' campaign going on.

Comment

I saw it last night and it was good but it's not an outstanding movie. The biggest flaw was for me was the director didn't let the actors breath. He didn't flesh out the main characters enough in the beginning IMO. It was a talented cast he should have let them loose..

Comment

ive mentioned that im not bothered a million times yet you keep saying im bothered

please show me where a film had that ''all white'' campaign going on.
                    You clearly have issues with certain aspects of how this movie is being promoted and marketed. You will not say why, you just deflect by saying "i'm not bothered"

Your reactions are those of someone that is either angry, upset, or generally not happy. why do you have this type of reaction, regardless of what specific word is used?

You have to explain what you mean by all black marketing route. When you do, then I can better understand exactly what you mean.

Elroy I just tried to explain it to you. It's not really a big deal because as black people we are used to not having certain movies marketed toward us. I would define all white as marketing everywhere except to non white outlets (Spanish language TV and radio, urban radio).

Now what exactly did you mean by all black because the majority of black panther's marketing has been on mainstream TV, social media, radio and media.
                    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-22-2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Oh you not gonna post the pictures and interviews I gave you yesterday???

Lmao!

Google black panther premiere tell me what you get.

Google chadwick boseman stan lee tell me what you get.

Google stan lee black panther tell me what you get.

"Stop saying my feelings are hurt doe"

Lmao!

Comment

Working...
                      X