Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone went through "The Belt" during child hood?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone wants to throw hands I'm down just meet me on the blacktop family included. If Granny starts getting mouthy and brave hey so be it I don't duck anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
      i remember more the time when the belt stopped getting the expected .

pops knew the game was over.
      That's when my pops told next time it's these as he showed me his fists. Wasn't lying either.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
        It's scary to think that in today's world your parents could be arrested
        Now that is scary.

I never really even thought about the lessons that taught me until now. My brothers room was a little down the hall. I could hear him but couldn’t see him. I mean it was 4-5 days where we’d only be able to come down for dinner.

Sometimes I would sneak out into his room and we’d chill and talk about it. Damnit why didn’t you catch the plate when it was falling? No, why the hell did you knock it over? And just talk about random ****. It literally taught me what jail might be like - never thought about that until now.

Life lessons. Never did **** like that ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
          Now that is scary.

I never really even thought about the lessons that taught me until now. My brothers room was a little down the hall. I could hear him but couldn’t see him. I mean it was 4-5 days where we’d only be able to come down for dinner.

Sometimes I would sneak out into his room and we’d chill and talk about it. Damnit why didn’t you catch the plate when it was falling? No, why the hell did you knock it over? And just talk about random ****. It literally taught me what jail might be like - never thought about that until now.

Life lessons. Never did **** like that ever again.
          Yeah and being sent to bed without dinner as punishment - that's classified as child abuse now and your kids can be taken away.

Scary to think that the government can do that and HAVE done that to families, I couldn't imagine seeing my mother or father taken away by some people in uniform.

The world has gone ****ing mad

Comment

Originally posted by ΣNΣMY View Post
            That's when my pops told next time it's these as he showed me his fists. Wasn't lying either.
            parents have to understand, kids are not going to stay kids. not saying disrepeck the geezers. just saying a tv or lamp thats broken isnt worth beating up a midget. inanimate objects dont love anyone.

lets be honest. parents dont care if a lesson is learned with the beatings. they are just releasing their own frustrations.

my dad said he regretted having beaten his kids. sometimes he didnt want to go as far as he did but was in the heat of the moment.

''boy, stop crying. that didnt hurt.''

that in hindsight, nothing long term came from them. kids will be kids and there are alternatives to belts, sticks, head locks and fists.

Comment

what kind of question is this?? where the are you from like this is some weird thing???

Comment

Originally posted by larry mustafa View Post
                what kind of question is this?? where the are you from like this is some weird thing???
                You were raised by a single mom so you might not know.

Comment

If you're Latino/Spanish or eastern euro, the belt was a "wooden spoon" and it'd hurt like a mother****er getting hit on the head with it.

Thinking about it now, it hurts...

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                    i remember more the time when the belt stopped getting the expected .

pops knew the game was over.
                    I got a coupe of scars when the buckle hit ,e with his belt, after I took it and smile game over. We discussed things like men.

My mom threw shoes.. Them shoes were head seeking.... No matter how fast I ran.. Pow!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                      I got a coupe of scars when the buckle hit ,e with his belt, after I took it and smile game over. We discussed things like men.

My mom threw shoes.. Them shoes were head seeking.... No matter how fast I ran.. Pow!
                      my mom was useless when it came to punishments. pops was more than glad to pick up her slack.

but once that shlt wore off

sitting down and talking to your children like the human beings (NOT human punching bags) is the answer.

its just so damn macho to say how awesome it is to beat up someone 10x smaller than you, doe

''thatll learn ya for being a kid !!!''

Comment

Working...
                      X