No announcement yet.

You gotta be a real piece of **** to go after kids who almost lost their lives

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Get rid of the AR-15 styled guns, and get rid of the extended magazines and devices that create automatic or near automatic firearms (bump stocks to begin with).

Won't solve everything, but the moves likely help solve a lot.
    and when the next mass shooting happens with a bolt-action rifle we get rid of those too right?

Comment

• Originally posted by John Barron View Post
      and when the next mass shooting happens with a bolt-action rifle we get rid of those too right?
      We'll see. If you imagine an alleged deranged person dropping 20 people with a bolt action gun before 1) enough folks hear the firing to get out of the way, dispersing the target and 2) law enforcement intervenes, you're likely on your own.

The US has accepted guns being a part of the culture, and there are issues that come with that, good or bad. The general public has not accepted mass killing sprees as being a circumstance of gun ownership, even if you have.

No one is going to walk into a school or church or mall or concert or anything, and gun down 20 folks in a sitting with a bolt-action gun.

Comment

How about we end mass killings with more than thoughts and prayers?

Comment

We'll see. If you imagine an alleged deranged person dropping 20 people with a bolt action gun before 1) enough folks hear the firing to get out of the way, dispersing the target and 2) law enforcement intervenes, you're likely on your own.

The US has accepted guns being a part of the culture, and there are issues that come with that, good or bad. The general public has not accepted mass killing sprees as being a circumstance of gun ownership, even if you have.

No one is going to walk into a school or church or mall or concert or anything, and gun down 20 folks in a sitting with a bolt-action gun.
          you'd be surprised at how fast you can shoot a modern bolt-action rifle with very little training.

so a slow crawl in repealing the second amendment just as i suspect.

you seem to be OK with handguns but ignored my comment about how the virginia tech shooter killed double the amount with handguns over the high school shooter armed with an AR-15.

point is it's not the type of gun or the weapon. deranged people will find more ways than one to mass murder people. you are addressing the issue on a superficial level meanwhile limiting the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens.

acid attacks, knife attacks, bombings, truck attacks etc. are escalating in places where guns aren't readily available. will they get rid of knives and trucks?

Comment

you'd be surprised at how fast you can shoot a modern bolt-action rifle with very little training.

so a slow crawl in repealing the second amendment just as i suspect.

you seem to be OK with handguns but ignored my comment about how the virginia tech shooter killed double the amount with handguns over the high school shooter armed with an AR-15.

point is it's not the type of gun or the weapon. deranged people will find more ways than one to mass murder people. you are addressing the issue on a superficial level meanwhile limiting the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens.

acid attacks, knife attacks, bombings, truck attacks etc. are escalating in places where guns aren't readily available. will they get rid of knives and trucks?
            I've never fired a gun in my life, have no interest in firing a gun, but do understand that there are people who enjoy hunting, skeet shooting, firing at the ranges, and feel the need to have a firearm to protect themselves. I get that.

If you honestly believe that a bolt-action gun could've caused the carnage that went down in Las Vegas or in Florida, say that.

Acid attacks, truck attacks, etc are all scary and terrifying, but they still don't end up with anywhere near the body counts of what you end up with when you're talking about semi-automatic long guns that can dump 30 rounds on folks within moments.

The Second Amendment says "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".

Why do folks always ignore that "well-regulated militia" part?

Comment

I've never fired a gun in my life, have no interest in firing a gun, but do understand that there are people who enjoy hunting, skeet shooting, firing at the ranges, and feel the need to have a firearm to protect themselves. I get that.

If you honestly believe that a bolt-action gun could've caused the carnage that went down in Las Vegas or in Florida, say that.

Acid attacks, truck attacks, etc are all scary and terrifying, but they still don't end up with anywhere near the body counts of what you end up with when you're talking about semi-automatic long guns that can dump 30 rounds on folks within moments.

The Second Amendment says "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".

Why do folks always ignore that "well-regulated militia" part?
              yes i do believe so. many bolt-action rifles are magazine fed and you can practically shoot as fast as a semi-auto with a straight-pull bolt. the Las Vegas shooter arguably could have done more damage with one given the long distance he was firing from. higher caliber and more accurate fire than an AR-15.

you still haven't addressed the fact that a pair of handguns killed more people than an AR-15 in a similar school shooting. are handguns still OK?

a truck attack in France killed 80+ people and injured 400 more in a blink of an eye.

Last edited by John Barron; 02-24-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

yes i do believe so. many bolt-action rifles are magazine fed and you can practically shoot as fast as a semi-auto with a straight-pull bolt. the Las Vegas shooter arguably could have done more damage with one given the long distance he was firing from. higher caliber and more accurate fire than an AR-15.

you still haven't addressed the fact that a pair of handguns killed more people than an AR-15 in a similar school shooting. are handguns still OK?

a truck attack in France killed 80+ people and injured 400 more in a blink of an eye.

Semi-automatic long guns have been the driving force behind the recent massacres, and should be done away with (extended magazines, and other alterations didn't help either). If 10-shot handguns then become the vehicle to continue to commit mass assaults, then those will be looked at (as good a shot as some folks are, I have a hard time envisioning one shooter, with however many guns that the want to have, decimating a crowd of folks behind a gun that they'd have to reload after 10 bullets).

The only reason why this country gives it's citizens the right to keep and bear arms is in service of the collective defense of the people (via the militia as originally written).

In what country/land anywhere is there a militia where the folks with guns are unknown to people, and the amount of weaponry is unknown to people. lol

Owning a tool of death is not some human right, and the fact that folks like you are trying to sell it as such is hilarious

Comment

• dont be a brainwashed fool. this was clearly another cia false flag operation to take the guns away. remember what happned last century in russia when they took the guns away and then killed 100 million White Christians?

Comment

• Originally posted by inferiorTodd View Post
                    dont be a brainwashed fool. this was clearly another cia false flag operation to take the guns away. remember what happned last century in russia when they took the guns away and then killed 100 million White Christians?

Comment

• wutchoo tryna say?

Comment

Working...
                      X