No announcement yet.

Hey Cellphone Nerds...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    That was the Note 7, due to battery overheating issues. It was long discontinued, Note 8 has no problems.

Face Recognition is not bad, but then again iPhone X has all new technologies which are not yet proven long term, whereas the 8 Plus uses tried and true technologies that are perfected.

i heard the face recognition is a lil glitchy..im wondering if i should just wait for a S-version? is there such a thing?

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    got my note8 i think at $600 (forgot exact price coz it's monthly payment) only christmas promo..

iphone x was like $1000+..

its like what? $50 a month on top of your regular bill? fack that, i just wanna pay it all up front and not think about it

Comment

I’m using the iPhone X, FaceID works like a charm. It’s fast and the new gestures are fluid, going back to a home button iPad or iPhone I find myself trying to swipe gesture straight away. The screen size vs physical body size is great. Coming from a 5s I didn’t want a hulking big thing taking up too much space in pockets or unwieldy to hold, so it fits the bill.

I would not touch android with a ten foot barge pole.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        i heard the face recognition is a lil glitchy..im wondering if i should just wait for a S-version? is there such a thing?
        There will most likely be an iPhone SE 2 coming along, but nothing confirmed. FaceID is not perfect, in conditions such as bright sunlight outdoors, or when wearing a hat and scarf, certain glasses, but it's not bad. The swipe gestures are nice, but I would say go with the 8 Plus. You save around 200$, it is better in some aspects using proven perfected technology, and in a few years, the new features and technologies of the iPhone X will be perfected, and then you would be able to sell yours, and buy a new model...

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          There will most likely be an iPhone SE 2 coming along, but nothing confirmed. FaceID is not perfect, in conditions such as bright sunlight outdoors, or when wearing a hat and scarf, certain glasses, but it's not bad. The swipe gestures are nice, but I would say go with the 8 Plus. You save around 200$, it is better in some aspects using proven perfected technology, and in a few years, the new features and technologies of the iPhone X will be perfected, and then you would be able to sell yours, and buy a new model...

FaceID has worked better than TouchID ever did for me; having wet or sweaty hands was always a problem with it.

The trick to getting better FaceID recognition is to register your face at the angle you are most likely to use the iPhone at usually, a lot of people put the iPhone up straight up in front of them to register their face, in reality most people use their iPhone nearer from the hip to chest area.

Comment

I've got a Samsung S8, it's the first Samsung i've owned since the S2. I've used every Samsung since the S2 and they've upped their game BIG TIME. Touchwiz was a laggy, ugly piece of **** before. It look's aesthetic now and pretty damn smooth.

If you can handle the size, try the Note 8. If you want a slightly smaller phone than that, get the Samsung S8 or wait for the S9 although i'm not sure, they'll be huge differences with the S9. The Pixel 2 has less features but a better camera and the most fluid experience on Android. Beware of screen burn in...do your research, I don't know if it's still an issue. If you don't want to spend that much on a new phone but still want something close to top of the line, it'd still be a choice between the S8 or the oneplus 5t. I'd go with the S8 but the Oneplus 5T is better on battery life clearly and it'll handle more apps running at the same time better (eventhough the S8 holds it own very well) since it has twice the ram but an inferior camera.

I understand why people would spend extra on an iPhone back in the day. The smoothness and overall experience was brilliant compared to an Android. Android phones in 2018 are completely different now. iPhones just seem SO basic and boring in comparison. Plus, battery life is still ****e on iPhones.

Comment

appreciate all the input, gents...im gonna fock with these phones at the mall tomorrow

Comment

Google pixel phone if you are looking for android phones..
                Samsung phones are like a ticking bomb in your pockets, have heard of it catching on fire one too many times..

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  ...what's the best smartphone today?

mine is beginning to take a **** and might need a new one

is the new iPhone X any good? what about that new Galaxy S9?
                  You wouldn’t be able to afford either mate

Comment

Whether people who don't use FaceID want to admit it, FaceID is a game changer, it is such a simple way to unlock the iPhone and makes fingerprint recognition rendered obsolete when you use it. It might take a day or so of iPhone X use but it makes so much sense when used, for instance, when I check my notifications on the lock screen, because of FaceID only I can see the actual information of the notification because of FaceID, anyone else will see just a default notification without anything sensitive being shown.

Comment

im still on LGv10 lol I just like it perfefct for me. I havent seen a reason to upgrade but if I was to upgrade I think Ill try to pixel 2xl or whatever it called.

Comment

Working...
                      X