Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the NRA go quiet whenever there's a mass shooting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post

How about banning all guns except those used for hunting and those used for the police force.

Would that be so bad? I'm in Korea. The people here don't seem too worried about not being able to carry.
    What is your mechanical/technical distinction between a hunting rifle and non-hunting rifle? Especially now that the AR15 dominates hunting sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
      What is your mechanical/technical distinction between a hunting rifle and non-hunting rifle? Especially now that the AR15 dominates hunting sales.
      Ok. Then how about the guns that the founding fathers used as per the commercial that's going around nowadays.

Leave that one legal and take everything else out. Work better?

Comment

Ok. Then how about the guns that the founding fathers used as per the commercial that's going around nowadays.

Leave that one legal and take everything else out. Work better?
        You did not answer my question so apparently you decided your own initial suggestion about hunting rifles wasn't worthwhile...?

All of my hunting rifles are more powerful than my AR15s and the reason ARs aren't even more popular in hunting applications is that they simply aren't lethal enough in basic form. Actual assault rifles (select-fire) have been banned for decades. Which is sort of questionable in it's own right since full-auto is mainly intended for suppressive fire in the military & would just make things more difficult for your average school shooter.

Your new suggestion makes even less sense. The founding fathers explicitly prescribed an armed populace as part of the checks & balances system which implies that civilian/militia firearms remain in rough parity with that of the standard infantryman of their time (to be consistent with your approach, we should actually re-legalize assault rifles). They most definitely didn't stipulate a technological expiration date.

Why are all anti-gun people generally quite dumb? I mean if I somehow switched sides I could construct some killer arguments in favor of greater flexibility for region-specific firearm regulations (since nearly all US homicide is confined to a small handful of countires) & subsidized firearm detection systems for school zones.

I think you guys assume you're arguing with a television trope (big bubba sitting there with his doublebarrel in his lap and a religious reverence for the founding fathers) and deliberately pursue the dumbest hyperbole possible about muskets and "assault rifles" because on TV big bubba always loses anyway.
        Last edited by ////; 02-17-2018, 04:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          They ban drugs, how much money would they bring in if legal? Some things just cause too much harm and need to be banned.
          not all drugs are legal. and there are many reasons why.

cmon foilks, step your anti gun game up

Comment

Sure. Are lives more valuable than 32 billion dollars/year? I guess that's the issue.
            then lets factor in all things that kill/injure people and ban them as well.

plastic utensils, with no pointy tips, only
            cars that dont excede 20 m/k ph
            bars close at 7pm
            a person will have fast food limits

Comment

No that's not the issue.

17 deaths are not statistically significant enough to factor into the core argument of whether firearm ownership has an overall positive or negative effect on social stability.

Nobody this emotionally impulsive or unable to grasp dependent/independent variables should be allowed to watch television. You are more of a danger to society than any gun owner.

It is humane to make decisions based on data. I believe you "people are dyin' out there!" types are actually quite apathetic and merely see a low-effort opportunity for virtue signalling.
              should go tell the families of the dead children that its not 'statistically significant'. And its not as if that mass shooting was a one off. You had 50 dead and 800(!!!) injured in las vegas, not statistically significant though. Im not hearing any good arguments from anyone regards why they should be kept in the first place, just 'its our right to have guns' 'second amendment' these arent reasons in themselves to have it. Although as i read in the other thread i guess you are all waiting for the need to defend yourselves against the government when things turn south (that happens all the time in rich developed countries). Them rednecks with the rifles will fight back the military. Bottom line is any person with a conscience should be horrified that these shootings keep happening and seeing children getting shot cause they dont want to get rid of their play thing.

Comment

You did not answer my question so apparently you decided your own initial suggestion about hunting rifles wasn't worthwhile...?

All of my hunting rifles are more powerful than my AR15s and the reason ARs aren't even more popular in hunting applications is that they simply aren't lethal enough in basic form. Actual assault rifles (select-fire) have been banned for decades. Which is sort of questionable in it's own right since full-auto is mainly intended for suppressive fire in the military & would just make things more difficult for your average school shooter.

Your new suggestion makes even less sense. The founding fathers explicitly prescribed an armed populace as part of the checks & balances system which implies that civilian/militia firearms remain in rough parity with that of the standard infantryman of their time (to be consistent with your approach, we should actually re-legalize assault rifles). They most definitely didn't stipulate a technological expiration date.

Why are all anti-gun people generally quite dumb? I mean if I somehow switched sides I could construct some killer arguments in favor of greater flexibility for region-specific firearm regulations (since nearly all US homicide is confined to a small handful of countires) & subsidized firearm detection systems for school zones.

I think you guys assume you're arguing with a television trope (big bubba sitting there with his doublebarrel in his lap and a religious reverence for the founding fathers) and deliberately pursue the dumbest hyperbole possible about muskets and "assault rifles" because on TV big bubba always loses anyway.
                My initial suggestion was banning guns. I still don't see a problem with that solution.

Comment

• Leftist priorities...

Firearms: "People are dyin' out there! DYIN' BY THE ZILLIONS! And for WHAT? All guns did was liberate all of mankind from the feudal caste system. It is worth it???"

The so-called "War on Drugs": We lockin' people in cages just for trying to make a living! It's fascism! #methisfreedom"

Last edited by ////; 02-17-2018, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                    then lets factor in all things that kill/injure people and ban them as well.

plastic utensils, with no pointy tips, only
                    cars that dont excede 20 m/k ph
                    bars close at 7pm
                    a person will have fast food limits
                    There's no reason for that. Just ban guns and see how that goes. What's the problem?

Comment

There's no reason for that. Just ban guns and see how that goes. What's the problem?
                      ok, lets hear how to do it, starting now

how would we go about this all gun ban ?

btw, all structures taller than 1 story will be banned. cant have people jumping off of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X