Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Black Panther' Hype: "Erik Killmonger Is The Best Marvel Villain Since The Joker"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    Definitely. And I feel like I'm a harsh critic. I'm not a huge fan of superhero movies as it is.

I don't want to hype it too much because then naturally some of you will think it is trash then. But I thought it was up there with the newer Batman movies (the Bale ones, not the crappy Affleck one).

I've also seen some people say Wonderwoman was great, and I thought that was hot garbage, so it completely depends on your taste, of course.

But Wonderwoman, especially that ending with the most garbage CGI I've seen this decade.. was complete shlt.
    imho, if a movie makers are going to present itself as life changing, im going to hold it to that level. i will be overly critical.

im with you on ww. pure stank.

Comment

Killmonger is the best MCU villain to me.

Yes that includes Loki.

Killmonger reached the audience on an emotional level that no other MCU villain has. People in the theatre crying for him and stuff.

He obviously isnt as funny and entertaining as Loki is.

Killmonger is scary. He is strong. He is purposeful. He is intelligent. He is ruthless. He has a past. He has a vision. More importantly he is right in alot of ways. You can feel all those things in the movie. Half of the crowd will be rooting for him out of compassion.

Anyways, he isnt better then the Joker but he is better then anything the MCU has had to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
        Killmonger is the best MCU villain to me.

Yes that includes Loki.

Killmonger reached the audience on an emotional level that no other MCU villain has. People in the theatre crying for him and stuff.

He obviously isnt as funny and entertaining as Loki is.

Killmonger is scary. He is strong. He is purposeful. He is intelligent. He is ruthless. He has a past. He has a vision. More importantly he is right in alot of ways. You can feel all those things in the movie. Half of the crowd will be rooting for him out of compassion.

Anyways, he isnt better then the Joker but he is better then anything the MCU has had to offer.
        Very well said and I agree 100%.

Comment

Just saw the movie.. it's meh.. blacks may like.. it's full of racial undertones about opression or whatever that i can't relate

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
            Black panther is the best film ever. The most powerful statement in Hollywood. 10/10 it's not just another boring superhero film (yes it is), it's a movement and if you don't appreciate it you are racist just like if you didn't like wonder woman you are sexist. An amazing all star cast too, all the actors were brilliant. 98 percent on rotten tomatoes is too low.

this review sums it up- 'They will write about this movie and make videos about it, it will be discussed among friends of all ages, all races, all shapes and sizes; it will be taught in school, debated among intellectuals, it will be seen as the moment everything changed.'
            Lol right lmao

Comment

Saw the movie. Black Panther had some big problems.. But for now I'll stick to the subject of the thread - Mr. Jordan.. Wow ok.. The people who have been comparing him to Ledger need to be stuffed into the next Space X rocket mission on a one way ticket to Mars.

Comparing Erik Killmonger to Heath's Joker is like comparing the TV movie they made about John Gotti back in the 90's to 'The Godfather.'

Jordan came off like a wannabe gangsta tough guy, swinging his neck around and pantomiming acting hard like one of the Wayans brothers in 'Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood.' I could not believe how one note and inauthentic his portrayal was.

The only reason it wasn't flat out horrific is because Michael himself is such an inviting and easy to watch presence on screen. He's the kind of guy you root for no matter what he's doing but this performance was a joke. It seemed like he was doing his best impersonation of The Game.. He even sound like him..

He looked big and strong and sold it physically with his movement and appearance but when he spoke and gestured it wasn't working at all.

Jordan in real life is a graduate of Howard University and that's what he seemed in this movie.. Like a square, college educated guy from the suburbs pretending to be a villain.. He failed epicly.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Would people still praise Heath Ledger Joker if he didn't OD before the movie came out?

I mean he was good but not really that good
                Ledger was unreal portraying the Joker.Damn shame he died coz that role was his gig.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  Saw the movie. Black Panther had some big problems.. But for now I'll stick to the subject of the thread - Mr. Jordan.. Wow ok.. The people who have been comparing him to Ledger need to be stuffed into the next Space X rocket mission on a one way ticket to Mars.

Comparing Erik Killmonger to Heath's Joker is like comparing the TV movie they made about John Gotti back in the 90's to 'The Godfather.'

Jordan came off like a wannabe gangsta tough guy, swinging his neck around and pantomiming acting hard like one of the Wayans brothers in 'Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood.' I could not believe how one note and inauthentic his portrayal was.

The only reason it wasn't flat out horrific is because Michael himself is such an inviting and easy to watch presence on screen. He's the kind of guy you root for no matter what he's doing but this performance was a joke. It seemed like he was doing his best impersonation of The Game.. He even sound like him..

He looked big and strong and sold it physically with his movement and appearance but when he spoke and gestured it wasn't working at all.

Jordan in real life is a graduate of Howard University and that's what he seemed in this movie.. Like a square, college educated guy from the suburbs pretending to be a villain.. He failed epicly.
                  Oh so like Will Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post

Damn

Well, topping Ledger is going to be hard. I haven't seen the Leto Joker but I've heard he didn't compare. It wasn't Heath dying after it that made it so brilliant to me. He was funny, but menacing and evil but unpredictable and in a lot of the film, I actually rooted for him. He made Batman look very one-dimensional even though I thought Bale did a fine job. He just couldn't be shown up in any scene and everything he did worked. Would he have ever topped that performance had he lived? I seriously doubt it, but I would have loved to seen a Joker appearance in The Dark Knight Rises. It's a shame, but hey. He gave us greatness before he left this world and there are few who can claim that. Sorry o hear about this role being a disappointment. Sometimes people just have to build things up too much for whatever reason. Hype can be a hell of a drug.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
                      Ledger was unreal portraying the Joker.Damn shame he died coz that role was his gig.
                      They would have probably started a Joker series just for him. He would have made a lot of money. I agree. And hell, now, he'd only be like 38. Dude would have a long time to get a lot of other roles. Could have been huge.

Comment

Working...
                      X