Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Black Panther' Hype: "Erik Killmonger Is The Best Marvel Villain Since The Joker"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't seen it yet & honestly I didn't even realize Michael B Jordan was in this film, but I think I'll check it out now cuz I'm a Jordan fan + thats a bold statement saying he's the best villain since the Joker. Hell even if he's top 3 since the Joker that should make the film a good watch.

Comment

MBJ is a very good actor. He's come a long way from from being a stereotypical "young black thug boy" actor in Hardball and The Wire to being in sci-fi movie Chronicle (low budget, but very good), Fruitvale Station, Creed, and Black Panther.

And Creed II is coming out this year too so 2018 could potentially be a good year for him. I'm concerned for Creed II though because Ryan Coogler (Fruitvale Station, Creed I, Black Panther) isn't directing it. Instead it's a newer director with no big track record. So Creed II can be a bust even though it has a good concept, Creed's son vs Drago's son.

Comment

Would people still praise Heath Ledger Joker if he didn't OD before the movie came out?

I mean he was good but not really that good

Comment

Best Black Actor of this generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Would people still praise Heath Ledger Joker if he didn't OD before the movie came out?

I mean he was good but not really that good
            I remembered as a 15 yrs.old back in 2006 that everyone hated Nolan for picking Heath Ledger as the Joker. And some trolls on imdb said he won't surpass Jack Nicholson as the Joker. Time changes. Heath put on a great performance and he died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63iuB-cSY7Q

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              MBJ is a very good actor. He's come a long way from from being a stereotypical "young black thug boy" actor in Hardball and The Wire to being in sci-fi movie Chronicle (low budget, but very good), Fruitvale Station, Creed, and Black Panther.

And Creed II is coming out this year too so 2018 could potentially be a good year for him. I'm concerned for Creed II though because Ryan Coogler (Fruitvale Station, Creed I, Black Panther) isn't directing it. Instead it's a newer director with no big track record. So Creed II can be a bust even though it has a good concept, Creed's son vs Drago's son.
              Agreed, having the same concern.

Comment

Here's an objective review from an entertainment reporter fresh out of a pre screening:

I just left a screening. It’s a very good (but not great) film. It’s on par with Nolan’s Batman Begins and Wonder Woman. The highs are incredibly high, but their are some really slow moments too. The performances are what people are going to talk about, especially Letitia Wright. This girl is going to be a star.

The movie really pulls you in and makes you invest in these characters. The hype is a bit overrated of course (people should lower their expectations just a bit), but it really is terrific overall. Potential Oscar recognition for Costume design (a shoo in) and art direction. I can also maybe see GG noms for Jordan and Wright.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  Here's an objective review from an entertainment reporter fresh out of a pre screening:
                  No review is really objective. Like every movie, some people will like it and some won't. I, personally, dislike plenty of movies that garnered Oscar buzz, and love others that many people dislike. For a BP movie, the star will always be Wakanda for me. How that world is brought to life will always be met with intrigue. So, if Coogler is able to capture my imagination with his depiction of Wakanda then I am sold. I am going to the theater to see Wakanda.

Comment

lets just do away with the oscars and give every award to black panther

Comment

Michael B Jordan is a terrible actor. Black Panther is one of the ****tiest Marvel characters too. I will have to see this movie to really know if it is good or not. I think most praise for films like this is because they are mostly non white male cast sadly.

Comment

Working...
                      X