No announcement yet.

Serial Killer Shooting Homeless People In Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Killer Shooting Homeless People In Las Vegas

Seeing this becoming more of a story lately so figured I'd make a thread. Been following this since the start cuz it seemed so f#cked up. but assumed it was a one off thing. Apparently this guy has shot 4 people, killing 2 now (one guy shot could be unrelated it sounds like).

There are so many mfers sleeping all over in Vegas its nuts. Never seen anything like it. So many potential victims if you are killing homeless cats.

The streets off the strip are darker than anywhere I been at night in most areas. Perfect for a mfer knowing where homeless people sleep at & creeping up on them.

Two men were already dead and another wounded — all homeless in a small area a couple of miles north of downtown Las Vegas. All three were shot by the same 6-foot-man with the same revolver, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police said last week.

Capt. Robert Plummer said the killings were random. But it also appeared the killer was targeting the homeless, though not exclusively. A fourth victim was shot and wounded in the town of Logandale, about an hour outside of Las Vegas. He was not homeless — just alone.

Las Vegas police aren't calling their suspect a serial killer, but they might as well. "If he's not, he's on his way to being one," Plummer said.

Serial killings usually involve a "cooling off" period between attacks. The first two shootings — in Las Vegas and Logandale — were Jan. 29. The next two were four days later on Feb. 2.

Theresa Hicks, executive director of the service group Calvary Downtown Outreach, said the method of attack — shooting people while they sleep — heightens anxiety for a population already saddled with plenty of worries that come with living on the street.

She said the fear reminded people of a serial assault on homeless people in Las Vegas last year, when a man bludgeoned to death two sleeping men and injured a third using a hammer.

Police eventually used a mannequin — posing it as a sleeping homeless person over the summer — to lead them to Shane Schindler. He was caught beating the dummy, which he admitted he thought was a real person, and is now in state prison. He pleaded guilty to attempted murder for attacking the mannequin, and in a plea deal for a sentence of 8 to 20 years, was not charged in the slayings of the two men.

"There is fear on the streets," Hicks said. "There is some sense of 'here we go again.' It's evil."
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...213-story.html

Being 100 here I can't say I've never thought of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
      Being 100 here I can't say I've never thought of it.
      You need a hug mfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        You need a hug mfer.
        I'm gonna try to buy a penguin.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
          I'm gonna try to buy a penguin.
          I think that'll help. Good luck.

Comment

LOL I know he was probably out to murder someone but it's kinda sad that you go to jail for beating a mannequin

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
              LOL I know he was probably out to murder someone but it's kinda sad that you go to jail for beating a mannequin
              How the legal system works is so nutty to me sometimes.

Guessing they couldn't prove he was the guy who killed the other two guys was the problem. Crazy a guy who almost for sure murdered two people got a 8-20 plea deal sentence vs a life sentence.

That mfer is gonna be on the street at 38yrs-50yrs. I've always felt any malicious murder (non-accidental or w/o some sorta reasoning, caught wife banging some dude & sh^t like that) should keep mfers locked up for life cuz you don't want those types of guys in society again. There's a lot of people like that out there doe cuz of how the legal system works.

Comment

Judging from the other thread a lot of people here think this would be a better idea than giving them foodstamps

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Judging from the other thread a lot of people here think this would be a better idea than giving them foodstamps
                  If they're dead I can have all of them.

Comment

Police eventually used a mannequin — posing it as a sleeping homeless person over the summer — to lead them to Shane Schindler. He was caught beating the dummy, which he admitted he thought was a real person, and is now in state prison.

Comment

Working...
                    X