No announcement yet.

Purposed Budget Would Partly Replace Food Stamp Benefits With Canned Goods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    It's a nutritional educational problem. It's a transportation problem. Don't see many farmers markets in the hood.
    Whats good food is a legit discussion so yea there is a nutritional education problem. I don't see a transportation problem. I think it just restructures how money is spent, not how much is spent. But yea a lot of hoods in big enough cities got farmers markets. The last 3 cities I lived in had several farmers markets in the city & were accessible with anyone with a bus pass.

I see you got a nice looking one in Detroit. I bet you guys got a few that way since its such a big city.
    https://www.easternmarket.com/

It's a very complex problem that won't be simply fixed by delivering food in a box to homes.
    Don't disagree with you here like I said. But seldom is there one quick fix-it-all to any problem. Thats why its still a problem or not as efficient or cost effective as it could be.

Comment

SNAP is supplemental. Why are the usual dumbasses complaining? Spend your own money to buy fresh produce if that's what you want. You morons also missed the point. They never said they were gonna deliver it. It's gonna be food kits. You lazy motha****as gonna have to stand in line if you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Whats good food is a legit discussion so yea there is a nutritional education problem. I don't see a transportation problem. I think it just restructures how money is spent, not how much is spent. But yea a lot of hoods in big enough cities got farmers markets. The last 3 cities I lived in had several farmers markets in the city & were accessible with anyone with a bus pass.

I see you got a nice looking one in Detroit. I bet you guys got a few that way since its such a big city.
        https://www.easternmarket.com/

Don't disagree with you here like I said. But seldom is there one quick fix-it-all to any problem. Thats why its still a problem or not as efficient or cost effective as it could be.
        Eastern market is beautiful. They sell live chickens and rabbits. They take food stamps now. It's only open on the weekend. If your card is reloaded on Tuesday you ain't waiting til saturday to go shopping at eastern market. Did you know Detroit didn't have a major grocery store until meijer opened one at the old state fair grounds in 2013? The grocery stores they had were corner stores and hood grocery stores owned by Arabs and Chaldeans.

But I'm at the age now where I realize there will always be poor people and people who aren't willing to help themselves. No amount of govt cutting will make people get up off their ass and work. They'll find another way around it. Nobody works harder than a person looking for a way trying not to work.

Comment

Eastern market is beautiful. They sell live chickens and rabbits. They take food stamps now. It's only open on the weekend. If your card is reloaded on Tuesday you ain't waiting til saturday to go shopping at eastern market. Did you know Detroit didn't have a major grocery store until meijer opened one at the old state fair grounds in 2013? The grocery stores they had were corner stores and hood grocery stores owned by Arabs and Chaldeans.
          Nah didn't know all that about Detroit. Detroit seems a special kinda f#cked up to other f#cked up places I think doe is maybe a part of the problem. Detroit got bigger issues than grocery stores probably.

Ain't there urban farms there in random plots on streets? Think I seen a doc about that awhile back, but idk if those cats sell/give their food to people or what exactly.

But I'm at the age now where I realize there will always be poor people and people who aren't willing to help themselves. No amount of govt cutting will make people get up off their ass and work. They'll find another way around it. Nobody works harder than a person looking for a way trying not to work.
          LOL.

And yea the economics of society always have included poor people & idk if we will get away from that in our lifetimes or our kids or grandkids lifetimes til something better than capitalism comes around. I think its a problem that will be solved eventually, but not anytime soon & not with the greed we all have now. Sh^t will need to get really f#cked up probably for that to get figured out.

But yea a lot of cats would be well off enough if they just put in the time they do to avoid working to work. I think thats part of the reason I don't want mfers eating doritos & drinking pepsi all day off of ebt money. I think some cats need a push into a better existence. I think there will always be poor people, but I think they can be shifted around more with people going off & on assistance when things are bad. I think some people have made it a lifestyle & thats a problem for them & society & I don't think thats something that has to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Nah didn't know all that about Detroit. Detroit seems a special kinda f#cked up to other f#cked up places I think doe is maybe a part of the problem. Detroit got bigger issues than grocery stores probably.

Ain't there urban farms there in random plots on streets? Think I seen a doc about that awhile back, but idk if those cats sell/give their food to people or what exactly.
            Yea a lot of urban farms popping up. Also bike lanes and the liquor stores selling craft beers. I try to tell them once they see craft beers at the corner store it's already to late. Gentrification is in its final stage. You think your neighborhood getting better because white people are moving in. You just don't know they about to move yo black ass out

That's what happened where they built the new little caesars arena. The area was becoming more gentrified. Then the owner of a cpl apt buildings sold to the illitches and they moved the people out and dozed the buildings to build the new arena.

Comment

Yea a lot of urban farms popping up. Also bike lanes and the liquor stores selling craft beers. I try to tell them once they see craft beers at the corner store it's already to late. Gentrification is in its final stage. You think your neighborhood getting better because white people are moving in. You just don't know they about to move yo black ass out

That's what happened where they built the new little caesars arena. The area was becoming more gentrified. Then the owner of a cpl apt buildings sold to the illitches and they moved the people out and dozed the buildings to build the new arena.

Yea like I said I think Detroit is a special kinda f#cked up after watching that video.

Comment

A card loaded by computer every month

Buying food from vendors. Hiring hundreds of thousands of drivers to deliver food in govt bought cars, buying gas for those cars, benefits and health insurance for the drivers.

Stop being stupid. I wish America hated stupid people as much as they hate poor people
                Oh how terrible, this plan would create thousands of new jobs that provide benefits for them and their family, and return we cut out the EBT abuse and send people who need food directly.

There is nothing Trump could ever propose that'd you'd like.

Comment

Tax cuts have historically raised revenues every time. You see, people pay taxes that are somewhat reasonable. When it's Uncle Sam raping you, most people avoid that like prison. Some don't but they don't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                    Tax cuts have historically raised revenues every time. You see, people pay taxes that are somewhat reasonable. When it's Uncle Sam raping you, most people avoid that like prison. Some don't but they don't count.

It's already happening.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...ut-run-surplus

Comment

Anyway. This budget is DOA and nobody is taking it serious. This looks like it was written by people in the comment section of Breitbart. Once again it show the incompetence of the administration.

Comment

Working...
                      X