Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Tony Stewart kill that dude on purpose?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    ignorance must be bliss

"i won't be looking into this beyond watching a grainy video once, but i call it like it is."
    You know the truth.

I'm not saying hang him or anything of that nature. I'm just calling it like it is. He saw him, he knew what he was doing and the result is the result.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      You know the truth.

I'm not saying hang him or anything of that nature. I'm just calling it like it is. He saw him, he knew what he was doing and the result is the result.

i know a lot more than you do about racing and cars, clearly. you didn't answer when i asked if you've ever seen any sprint racing or dirt track racing, so i'll assume that you know absolutely nothing.

and i don't think he meant to murder the guy. so yeah, productive conversation, kid.

Comment

i know a lot more than you do about racing and cars, clearly. you didn't answer when i asked if you've ever seen any sprint racing or dirt track racing, so i'll assume that you know absolutely nothing.

and i don't think he meant to murder the guy. so yeah, productive conversation, kid.
        What about the claims the parents made that Stewart revved his engine and sped up while the race was under caution?

Comment

I don't think he meant to hit him. It looks to me like Tony saw him at the last second, or at least realized the guy as in his line, only after it was too late. Watching the slow mo portion in the middle, it looks like Tony sees him as the car comes into view, locks the brakes and tries to turn the wheel to avoid him.

The guy committed a major no-no in racing. You DO NOT enter the raceway where the cars are. You have a guy standing in front of the car, wearing the exact same design as the car (can we say camoflauge?) And then, he basically walks out in traffic.

Meanwhile, we have a driver with a helmet on, riding right behind someone pretty much (lowering his field of vision), dirt flying everywhere (further lowering field of vision), and he's probably paying more attention to the car (listening and feeling for anything broken or flat tire) than he is to expecting a pedestrian to be crossing the race track.

So we get to the point of impact. The guy is driving a car through dirt. That's a whole different ball game than pavement, as New England pointed out. You're not exactly going to turn that thing on a dime out there. Hes going through a turn and suddenly this guy basically jumps out at him. There wasn't much time to react, and that reaction time is only amplified by the time it takes the car to react in the dirt.

My opinion is that if Tony Stewart had a problem with the guy, he would have stopped his car and jumped out. I believe he's done that before

Comment

Ooh, passive aggressive.

You still know the truth. You just don't want to call a spade a spade.

Comment

On purpose? Are you serious? The ****ing idiot gets out of his car in the middle of a dirt race at night, in a turn, where all the cars are going sideways in a drift pretty much, and then runs in the path of the oncoming cars, and it's the driver's fault? Wow **** me...

That's pretty much the view from these dirt racers, minus the grill... Not exactly the same view that you have from your computer chair, is it?

Comment

Stewart is innocent. Stupid kid got in harm’s way.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  What about the claims the parents made that Stewart revved his engine and sped up while the race was under caution?

what about the lawsuit and the incentive they have? you know they sued stewart and his father, the owner of the car, correct?

as for revving the engine and speeding up, they do that all the time under caution. those engines have no transmission. you steer with your throttle, which you guys clearly don't understand and that's fine. again, the engine and your right foot are one of your primary means of steering the car to the left. you have 800 hp, you're on a dirt road and slick tires, pressing the gas doesn't just make you go in a straight line, it makes your wheels spin and sends the abck and of your car up the track, making you turn left. what struck war? the back right of the race car. tell me what that's significant to prove you are reading what i'm typing to you.

you guys don't even listen to me when i type, have no idea what you're talking about, and are being intentionally difficult. actually look into what racing a car like that involves. look at the picture of your visibility that dude posted. now imagine looking through that slit on a dirt track under caution when you're still going 60 or 70.

think about going highway speeds [caution speeds are probaby about 60 MPH in a car like that to kEep the engines running properly and the tires warm, could be much faster,] in a 2000 lb car, on slick tires, rounding corner, with a full race track, and ON F#CKING DIRT!

now if you want to get a response from me again, type, "yes, i've thought about what it's like to drive the cars," and address specifically why you think that doesn't matter. and no, "he could see him because i saw him on camera, doe," is not acceptable.

the only reason the TS posted this video is because it's a white guy doing something he perceives as bad
                  Last edited by New England; 02-14-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    Ooh, passive aggressive.

You still know the truth. You just don't want to call a spade a spade.

i've had more productive converstations with elementary school kids. they literally bring more to the table than you're bringing right now.

there's nothing passive aggressive about what i'm saying to you; i think you have the brain function and maturity of a young boy. no older than 10-12. 100% i brought more to a conversation than you're bringing by my 10th birthday.

Comment

i've had more productive converstations with elementary school kids. they literally bring more to the table than you're bringing right now.

there's nothing passive aggressive about what i'm saying to you; i think you have the brain function and maturity of a young boy. no older than 10-12. 100% i brought more to a conversation than you're bringing by my 10th birthday.

Comment

Working...
                      X