No announcement yet.

Stock Market Really In the Dumpster These Past Couple of Days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Why are you so desperate to put a positive spin on the losses? You have no idea why things are happening.

Trump has used the market as a measure of his presidency. This week has been terrible with historically high drops.
    I am not desperate to find a positive spin.

What happened was Employment creation was better than expected, more jobs are available, and wages are going up. So things are going good for people. So banks said ohh damn people will get more money to spend, so they announced higher interest rates because why wouldn’t they, those greedy bastards, and that caused instability which had a domino effect on the market

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      I am not desperate to find a positive spin.

What happened was Employment creation was better than expected, more jobs are available, and wages are going up. So things are going good for people. So banks said ohh damn people will get more money to spend, so they announced higher interest rates because why wouldn’t they, those greedy bastards, and that caused instability which had a domino effect on the market
      Those things are not relevant to the thread topic vlad. I posted the 1033 point drop because this thread is about the market.

Can’t we just stick to the thread topic? We discuss jobs, wages and gdp in the presidency thread.

Bringing this stuff up in this thread comes off as a desperate attempt to deflect from the bad market numbers because Trump used the market as a measure of his presidency,

Comment

• I don’t know why everybody is interested in the market all of a sudden besides just using it as a political agenda talking point.

Stock market thread has 9 pages in 4 years, now all of a sudden it’s a huge topic.

To put it in perspective.. we have lost our gains since November, so any investments during November December January have been lost for the most part.

Honestly this thread sounds a lot like junior high kids talking about shyt they don’t understand.

True investors are laughing at you fools making a big deal about this. Anybody that is educated on the topic knows this is nothing

Comment

Market dropped another 1033 points yesterday. Serious losses this week.
          My guess is the bonds market exit; investors are not taking any chance due to potential inflation that might prompt Federal Reserve to raise interest rate. Trump doesn't understand there is a reason why Full Employment was never set at zero.

Comment

• It’s like ****ing Christmas

All this green and red on my portfolio

I think market is stabilizing

Comment

Those things are not relevant to the thread topic vlad. I posted the 1033 point drop because this thread is about the market.

Can’t we just stick to the thread topic? We discuss jobs, wages and gdp in the presidency thread.

Bringing this stuff up in this thread comes off as a desperate attempt to deflect from the bad market numbers because Trump used the market as a measure of his presidency,
              And I gave you the main reason behind the drop in the market. Good news over job creation and rising wages led to news of Banks raising interest rates on mortgage/car payment and other loans, which in turn provoked a drop. and then a lot of investor's automatic preset stop-loss sales kicked in...
              How was that not on topic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                I don’t know why everybody is interested in the market all of a sudden besides just using it as a political agenda talking point.

Stock market thread has 9 pages in 4 years, now all of a sudden it’s a huge topic.

To put it in perspective.. we have lost our gains since November, so any investments during November December January have been lost for the most part.

Honestly this thread sounds a lot like junior high kids talking about shyt they don’t understand.

True investors are laughing at you fools making a big deal about this. Anybody that is educated on the topic knows this is nothing
                Come on Ali. The record drops coming off Trump publicizing the record gain has made more people come to this thread. We didn’t politicize the market, Trump did.

Comment

• Stocks ended up today.

They'll be back at record highs before the end of the year.

Comment

Come on Ali. The record drops coming off Trump publicizing the record gain has made more people come to this thread. We didn’t politicize the market, Trump did.
                    So trump made this thread?

So you aren’t bashing trump for this?

Comment

Working...
                    X