Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do psychotic people realize that they are crazy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    Well those people usually have a gift, every person I ever knew really good at something was psycho.
    Yea true it comes from being completely obsessive, but usually lack in other things though

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
      They do especially when they find themselves talking to themselves
      I talk to myself. Some days, it's the most intelligent conversation I have

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        I talk to myself. Some days, it's the most intelligent conversation I have
        And you know you are crazy right?

Comment

Psychosis is not super specific. It can be a symptom of both mental disorders & personality disorders.

People with narcissistic personality disorder tend to be oblivious to their abnormality because part of the disorder is after all, just going along with the crowd, doing whatever works and getting pats on the back while behaving in extremely wicked ways to their "loved" ones. Their whole family vs society priority hierarchy is hardwired backwards.

People with borderline disorder in contrast are in extreme pain & acutely aware that something is wrong with them — because they rapidly shift from a narcissistic phase to extreme guilt/apathy/regret. Think of it as bipolar but the switch flipping every few minutes, making it extremely difficult to anticipate or treat.

Schizophrenia is in the middle somewhere -- obviously they believe in their delusions & paranoia or they wouldn't have the disorder, but they're not impaired in intelligence so they observe enough inconsistency in their own thoughts to know their own thoughts are unreliable. They stop trusting themselves.

Avoidant disorder -- super aware something is wrong, perhaps too aware. The disorder revolves around exaggerated self-critique & deliberate alienation. Usually quite intelligent people.
          Last edited by ////; 01-23-2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
            And you know you are crazy right?
            Yes. I'm bipolar. I can usually feel the change coming on

Comment

it all depends on the individual bro...

growing up, i knew a lot of druggies. families, friends, etc.

few of them got hooked on it and never came back. you'll catch them talking/mumbling to themselves, laughing, etc.

i asked a few of them if they feel any different. mind you, i grew up with some of these guys and were real close with them.

some of them say they do feel different and is not the same anymore but their response is usually the same, "what can i do when its too late to turn back".

and some claim they dont feel any different and is still the same person they were years ago. so like i said, it all depends on the individual.

Comment

No we do not... We realize that we are dealing with fools, tools, ****s & sissy boys.. Butlers..

Comment

Sorry man. Didn't mean to be mean. I hoPE you are fine

Comment

I can relate to you. I believe im bi-polar. Im also an extremist

Im kind of mental but im trying to change.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                      I can relate to you. I believe im bi-polar. Im also an extremist

Im kind of mental but im trying to change.
                      It's not too bad when I get on the upside. I'll start being happy, smiling, laughing, for no real reason. Then, there's the other side. Sometimes I'll feel pressure building up and getting mad for no real reason at all. I typically try to avoid people when I feel that way, to avoid snappingon someone for nothing

Comment

Working...
                      X