No announcement yet.

1.6 million people to watch the Ball brothers play in Lithuania

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 million people to watch the Ball brothers play in Lithuania

Remember, the powers that be are trying to convince ya'll this man is ruining his sons lives. That people don't care about the Ball family when they're on ESPN or any other sports sites. This man has tapped into something that has the NCAA and NBA afraid. That's why you see the powers that be trying to shut him up and shut him down. They don't want to see a power structure change. Especially if he starts that professional basketball league for kids coming out of high school but don't want to go to college.

Last week, LaVar Ball and Big Baller Brand announced that LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball would be making their debuts for their Lithuanian Club Prienu Vytautas in the Big Baller Brand Challenge, per LaVar Ball’s request. The club accepted.

The challenge is a series of five friendly matchups between Prienu Vytautas and teams from across Lithuania where the Ball brothers would be getting “extensive” playing time, according to a report from ESPN. Things got underway Tuesday with a friendly against the Zalgiris reserve team, and it was as ridiculous as you think.

The court was covered with Big Baller Brand logos.

Even the officials were putting on for the brand.

There were 1.6 million people watching the inaugural game through Facebook. No, you’re not dreaming — I promise. It’s all real.

This is a culmination of the hype that has been building surrounding LaMelo and LiAngelo Ball for months. Without them, no one is checking for this game. No one signed up to watch Kevin Pangos or Aaron White — they wanted to finally see the Ball brothers in action.

The team shifted its entire season around to make room for the Ball brothers. The team is skipping the Baltic Basketball League season to participate in the Big Baller Brand Challenge from Jan. 9 to Jan. 28. The team knew exactly what it was doing when it signed up for this, and it seems to be leaning into it.

But, wait, the club pulled out of their own league for this?
    Not exactly. While it won’t be participating in the Baltic Basketball League, the team will still be able to participate in the Lithuanian Basketball League as it normally would. The Ball brothers aren’t likely to get as much playing time in that league but will still be part of the team.

The friendly games they participate in with the Big Baller Brand Challenge won’t affect the team’s standing in the Lithuanian Basketball League. The team is generating revenue through the Ball family while also maintaining its standing. It’s a win-win for them.

Why is the club doing so much for the Ball family?
    For Vytautas, The Baltic Basketball League is less important than the Lithuanian Basketball League. LiAngelo and LaMelo would have played in the Baltic Basketball League, but the team wasn’t able to get the league to partner with Facebook to broadcast those games. The Big Baller Brand Challenge is partnered with Facebook, which allows the Ball brothers’ games to be broadcasted through Facebook live.

It’s all about the revenue for the team, according to ESPN.

A source told ESPN that Prienu Vytautas expects the Ball brothers to generate about 100,000 euros ($120,000) in revenue for the team, including an undisclosed amount that Facebook is paying to show the Big Baller Brand Challenge games.

That makes sense — it plays in a small town with only 10,000 people. The team hasn’t practiced and doesn’t have a general manager because of its financial struggles, according to an ESPN report. It needs money, and here was an opportunity.

Like it or not, the Ball family is here and isn’t going away anytime soon
    They’ve still got four more games to play between now and the end of the month, so we’ll be seeing plenty of them. This whole scenario is ridiculous when you think about it.

A team signed two teenagers who may or may not be very good, changed its own schedule for those teenagers and explicitly promised to play those teenagers in a new friendly competition created by those teenagers’ father. We’ve never seen this before and will probably never see it again.

But as insane as this is, it’s also working. This was Big Baller Brand finding the perfect situation to make the Ball brothers pop. They found the perfect team in the perfect league and played everything just right.

I’m not sure how much of this is genius and how much of this is silly. But I’ll be here to watch every moment and, honestly, you probably will be too.

Idk how they got 1.6 mil. I was watching and the view count said 120k. Which is still a lot

Comment

LMAO at Ball getting his logo on the court and the officials wearing his garb!!

It's so corrupt over there they don't even bother to hide it.

Comment

Lavar needs to keep his dumbass over there in Lithuania.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          LMAO at Ball getting his logo on the court and the officials wearing his garb!!

It's so corrupt over there they don't even bother to hide it.
          Corrupt? It was an exhibition. And lamelo got 3 fouls in the first half. Not like they were being favored

Comment

I actually agree for the most part.

Especially with him refusing to have his sons' likeness exploited by Nike. Sure Lonzo would have gotten tens of millions, but Nike would be making hundreds of millions off his likeness. Essentially, he's signing away the rights to his own likeness, and image.

If Lonzo turns out to be a bust, and is out of the league in 3-5 years, then yeah, he would have lost out on money. BUT, if he fixes his shooting, and turns into a superstar, then he'll end up potentially becoming a BiLLIONAIRE, with a new brand that will live on forever. Just like how Jordans still sell, despite MJ being out of the league for decades.

I really like and respect him for going this route.

He still comes off as a bloated, dookie-tooth, imbecile when he speaks doe..

but I really like and respect how he's pissing off the "powers that be" in not "playing the role."

he's teaching his sons how to be independent, and self-empowerment
            Last edited by Cheek busting; 01-09-2018, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
              Idk how they got 1.6 mil. I was watching and the view count said 120k. Which is still a lot
              I think that number is from the official feed they have a deal with facebook to broadcast the game. I saw some highlights and it was from Mayweather's feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                I think that number is from the official feed they have a deal with facebook to broadcast the game. I saw some highlights and it was from Mayweather's feed.
                How did they do? Stats?

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
                  How did they do? Stats?
                  I think they combined for 25pts or something like that. These games are basically exhibition games. Lavar got the team to pull out of their league and start a Big Baller Brand tournament. That's why you see the logos on the floor and the ref wearing their shirts. But the Lithuanian real league starts in a couple months. We'll see how they do against the real pro's

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                    Lavar needs to keep his dumbass over there in Lithuania.

Comment

Working...
                    X