Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the benefits of ending Net Neutrality?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The US highways are equal access to everyone..

The US highways, states are now allowed to restrict and charge for access to the roads..

This helps competition how?

Jesus H Christ,, My right wing brothers are absolutey fooled on this crap.. Im in agreement with fckinv MCcobra and addix.. FFS

Comment

Elon Musk needs to invent a new way to get internet

Comment

Damn, I remember when AOL charged by the minute.

Back then, access to the internet was a luxury.

Now it's a necessity and these ISPs know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          The US highways are equal access to everyone..

The US highways, states are now allowed to restrict and charge for access to the roads..

This helps competition how?

Jesus H Christ,, My right wing brothers are absolutey fooled on this crap.. Im in agreement with fckinv MCcobra and addix.. FFS

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            So that they can throttle or block streaming sites and make them not work forcing you to subscribe to cable...as well as making website that pay providers for preferential service work better than those who don't or get blocked altogether. I'm not saying this will happen but it leaves the possibility of happening. And they did it because they got lobbied to do so...ISP's bought influence. In Canada this effort so far has been defeated.
            Dang, hopefully it doesn't make it impossible to stream boxing for free. Like hell I'm going to pay $15 to watch Hughie Fury vs Joseph Parker on YouTube!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sifo View Post
              Elon Musk needs to invent a new way to get internet

I'm hoping that if the greedy ass heads of the ISPs start ****ing people that someone like Elon Musk does develop an alternative.

The ISP CEO's next move would be to lobby politicians to make those alternatives illegal though lol.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                How did I fail?

Why is it that all you fools that support this crap can only debate with memes.

2nd person that has qouted me, disputed me, but with a meme..

Leave the memes to Bernie’s corner..

So explain the difference between equal access to highways and equal access to internet traffic?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  The ISP will charge the site a market rate and then the site can decide whether they want to charge you more moron, so if that happens

Hey then I won't visit this site anymore! I'll either join another site or wait until it goes back to being free.

But the scenario you paint will never happen in 99% of cases, its precisely what morons who don't know how a market economy, the internet, or politics for that matter work.
                  The scenarios Pai predicted in 2015 never happened either. So why was he so hell bent on changing it?

Comment

This is all to do with the big media companies slowly losing their grip on traditional outlets of media.

The net neutrality act was a pre-emptive move in order to try and avoid what is most probably going to happen now.

These ISPs see the internet like traditional media, something they can be the gatekeepers of and make money from.

They will slowly carve up the freedom of users until the use of certain parts of the internet will only be for the paying privileged.

This is all done to keep monopolies running. There are places where internet users have only two choices for ISP providers and some only one ISP.

Anyone who thinks this decision to kill net neutrality is a positive one for consumers will be sadly disappointed.

The internet is library of knowledge and now it will end up being cut off for many people who don’t subscribe or pay certain fees.

This kinda reminds me of the awful deals consumers get in America from cell phone companies compared to Europeans.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      How did I fail?

Why is it that all you fools that support this crap can only debate with memes.

2nd person that has qouted me, disputed me, but with a meme..

Leave the memes to Bernie’s corner..

So explain the difference between equal access to highways and equal access to internet traffic?
                      Well, you're talking apples and oranges- two very different industries.

Beyond that, check this article out. It goes over some good points.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/18613...-aaron-bandler

And in closing, this is doing away with a federal regulation.

I haven't seen many times when that isn't a great idea.

The feds have overreached way too far already.

And if ending net neutrality helps corporations, how come most corporations are all for net neutrality? Zuckerberg and many, many of them support it all the way. FB and YT have been pretty heavy into the censorship thing ever since NN became the law. Coincidence? No, sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X