X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and.....

like why does it matter?

why does the world needs more classification.

Okay Asians are smart, blacks are athletic.

what now?

like who gives a fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      What ultimately bugs me about race realism is that it views races as biological groupings that are completely distinguishable from one another and whose members extremely similar to each other.

This isn't a totally accurate picture.

The definition of who is or isn't a member of what race has changed more often over time then some will admit or are aware of. Plus, this is done more so on the basis of visual differences in appearance, cultural differences etc than on measured biological differences. For instance it was not considered weird or unusual when the US census adopted a definition of White people that included (and still includes) Arabs. But since 9/11, the rise of extremely conservative Wahhabism and of Arabian terrorist groups have forced people into seeing them as different people.

As a result of this purely cultural phenomena, you can see a predictable changing of public opinion regarding whether Arabs should fall under the umbrella of White.

But to be fair, I don't have a problem with Arab or Middle Eastern being recognized as a separate race/group per se. The problematic result of the type of thinking the TS expresses is in sweeping overgeneralization. For instance a 'race realist' might post that Blacks disproportionately commit crime. That is a statistical reality.

My issue with that only comes in when that is used as a reason to form a negative opinion about the group as a whole without further considerations. The implication is that all members of the group must be at a greater risk for committing crime since the group's higher crime rate is a result of a genetic feature(s) they all share. I don't believe that this is the case. I think it is more likely that a subset of the group are of particularly high risk in this regard due to a combination of their individual biology, circumstances etc which are not necessarily shared by all members of the group.

Let's put it this way - regardless of race, who would you expect to be more likely to be in jail during their lifetime - the children of a parent or parents that went to jail, or the children of medical doctors who have never been to jail? What race do you know to have disproportionately more members in the prior group, and are there any historical circumstances that disproportionately pushed people of that race into the prior group and/or that actively discouraged them from getting into the latter group?

I don't think there are many people who argue this point. I think it is for the most part universally accepted that the higher crime rate is a result of poverty, gangster culture, and single parent homes. But probably most important is the single parent homes.

If you ask me IQ is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        I don't think there are many people who argue this point. I think it is for the most part universally accepted that the higher crime rate is a result of poverty, gangster culture, and single parent homes. But probably most important is the single parent homes.

If you ask me IQ is overrated.
        Looks like I was the one caught overgeneralizing this time

Comment

Actually, inequality, as opposed to poverty specifically has been found to be the main factor in crime rates. When I have more time, I'll link the studies.

As for 'race realism', the Bell Curve was debunked 20 years ago, I don't see why we're back here again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
            such as the Chinese way of learning where they’re taught learning through repetition, this helps them with acing IQ scores and acruuing degrees but they find it more difficult with things like creative writing etc.
            Very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              But probably most important is the single parent homes.
              Yes, yes, yes and yes.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                and.....

like why does it matter?

why does the world needs more classification.

Okay Asians are smart, blacks are athletic.

what now?

like who gives a fuck.
                It does matter. Because when leftists see the stats that blacks and mexicans are on average less wealthy than whites or have on average less well paid jobs than whites.

They believe its because blacks and mexicans are being discriminated.

However its not about being discriminated, its because certain ethnic groups have a lower IQ, therefore they dont have the capacity to make as much money as the ethnic groups with a higher IQ

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                  Actually, inequality, as opposed to poverty specifically has been found to be the main factor in crime rates. When I have more time, I'll link the studies.

As for 'race realism', the Bell Curve was debunked 20 years ago, I don't see why we're back here again.
                  Yes but why is there inequality between different ethnic groups?

Because some ethnic groups have a lower IQ...

The bell curve was never debunked

Comment

Originally posted by 2Fast View Post
                    It does matter. Because when leftists see the stats that blacks and mexicans are on average less wealthy than whites or have on average less well paid jobs than whites.

They believe its because blacks and mexicans are being discriminated.

However its not about being discriminated, its because certain ethnic groups have a lower IQ, therefore they dont have the capacity to make as much money as the ethnic groups with a higher IQ
                    it doesnt matter cause you can never enforce any rules/laws based on any data like that cause it crosses the realm of discrimination.

You cant blanket a group by averages.

take for instance you cant say ALL white criminals are child molestors just cause the majority of child molestors are white.

Thats why this info doesnt matter, it will only be used to discriminate. You can not implement any of that data without breaking discrimination laws.

Lets use your example, white makes 50k and a Smart black equal IQ to the white makes 30K by your logic IT MUST BE DISCRIMINATION because otherwise what you are saying is The white is making 50K cause he has a high iq and the blacks are only making 30k cause they have a lower iq.

So are you willing to say that? if everything is equal except race and their pay are not equal is must be DISCRIMINATION

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                      it doesnt matter cause you can never enforce any rules/laws based on any data like that cause it crosses the realm of discrimination.

You cant blanket a group by averages.

take for instance you cant say ALL white criminals are child molestors just cause the majority of child molestors are white.

Thats why this info doesnt matter, it will only be used to discriminate. You can not implement any of that data without breaking discrimination laws.

Lets use your example, white makes 50k and a Smart black equal IQ to the white makes 30K by your logic IT MUST BE DISCRIMINATION because otherwise what you are saying is The white is making 50K cause he has a high iq and the blacks are only making 30k cause they have a lower iq.

So are you willing to say that? if everything is equal except race and their pay are not equal is must be DISCRIMINATION
                      But that not the case.

Blacks and whites with the same IQ make the same amount of money. That has been proven.

So my point stands: there is no discrimination.

The reason why on average blacks make less money than whites is because on average blacks have a lower IQ than whites.

However a black person with a high IQ makes more money than a white person with a high IQ.

So there is no discrimination

Comment

Working...
                      X