Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly is the Universe? and what is outside of it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man of god Larry - Would you suck a fart out of a girls arse?

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      Logically our universe is one of many possible sets of physical laws all of which reside inside of a greater "plane" lacking any laws whatsoever (thus enabling it to 'contain' differing sets) which would function as an analogy for God (or literally God if you want)

The deeper you look into it you realize eventual omnipotence is a requirement and its just a matter of which word you want to use
      Yeah true, thats why all astronomers are religious.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        We would be amazingly smart species if we had the slightest idea about what's outside the universe, or if there is anything outside of it and the universe is all there is. Right now, 80%+ of Americans think there is a god. So we're a long way to go before having any clue about what is out there. We're still in our baby steps, very, very primitive species. I don't pretend to know what's going on, but I know in terms of what we know about the universe and ourselves, we're still babies imo. There could be no outside.
        I guess I'm so simple minded I need a GOD to believe in.
        We still cool right? Inspite of my limited intelligence?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          I guess I'm so simple minded I need a GOD to believe in.
          We still cool right? Inspite of my limited intelligence?
          You misunderstood my post.

I can only tell you this, the inmates I have more rapport with all believe in god, that's all they talk about. And I prefer to hear them talk about that rather than how hard they are or what got them there and their war stories (that's boring).

So what I say about the majority of Americans still believing in god doesn't mean that those who believe in him are stupid or have low IQ, or belief or disbelief in god = level of intelligence or stupidity. What I mean is right now with everyone's answer to the unknown being "god", our curiosity level is still not high enough to care about taking exploration more seriously. The gaps and questions are answered by "god" for the majority of people, and I think that's laziness and shows we're in our baby steps, like our ancestors praying and dancing to the Moon and Sun thinking they were higher beings. Until we learned what they are and what they do. Now we don't even pray to a Sun or Moon, now we pray to a completely imaginary being. At the very least our ancestors had some"thing" to physically see in the sky and had an excuse. We no longer have an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            Man of god Larry - Would you suck a fart out of a girls arse?
            Haha this is really coming back to bite Larry on the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Laddie_Loc View Post
              Well, if you view the Universe as a Construct of Consciousness then does the Universe have an outside.

What is outside of Thought?

The Double Slit Experiment shows us that Matter acts as Both Waves and Particles and Further tests Showed the Interaction of Both with thoughts.

What do you think, Larry?
              I think the is about the best answer, that draws a good analogy to explain something we don't really know much about.

Comment

I can only tell you this, the inmates I have more rapport with all believe in god, that's all they talk about. And I prefer to hear them talk about that rather than how hard they are or what got them there and their war stories (that's boring).

So what I say about the majority of Americans still believing in god doesn't mean that those who believe in him are stupid or have low IQ, or belief or disbelief in god = level of intelligence or stupidity. What I mean is right now with everyone's answer to the unknown being "god", our curiosity level is still not high enough to care about taking exploration more seriously. The gaps and questions are answered by "god" for the majority of people, and I think that's laziness and shows we're in our baby steps, like our ancestors praying and dancing to the Moon and Sun thinking they were higher beings. Until we learned what they are and what they do. Now we don't even pray to a Sun or Moon, now we pray to a completely imaginary being. At the very least our ancestors had some"thing" to physically see in the sky and had an excuse. We no longer have an excuse.
                Thanks for the clarification... I appreciate it!
                Without forgiveness or my concept of GOD... Not good..

I know and/wasted time learning close and long range tactics(use less stupid stuff ). Thanks for your kindness in clarifying... Respect brother

Comment

All knowledge is contained within.

Comment

Another good post that explains that unexplainable/"unknowable"

I'm just cherry picking posts I think are good to help convey my position, rather than thinking and typing my own explanation for what I don't know/can't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                      Thanks for the clarification... I appreciate it!
                      Without forgiveness or my concept of GOD... Not good..

I know and/wasted time learning close and long range tactics(use less stupid stuff ). Thanks for your kindness in clarifying... Respect brother
                      No problem.

Basically: I don't know everything, and people from 1000s of years ago who wrote a book don't know either. And no one can tell me that an imaginary being knows everything. My mind is not trapped, that wouldn't be fair to me to trap myself and block my mind from being curious.

I guess that makes me, me, and you believing in god helps make you, you.

Comment

Working...
                      X