No announcement yet.

Are you a prepper?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a prepper?

I think those "Doomsday Prepper" type shows give the idea of prepping a bad name.

If the power grid were to go down for a period of a few days, that alone could have severe consequences. It seems like it would be a good idea to prepare for that sort of thing.

I just finished reading this book:

No. I'll just take a preppers shit if the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      You'll try.

And then cry.

Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
        I think those "Doomsday Prepper" type shows give the idea of prepping a bad name.

If the power grid were to go down for a period of a few days, that alone could have severe consequences. It seems like it would be a good idea to prepare for that sort of thing.

I just finished reading this book:

It's never a bad idea to prepare.

I don't go all crazy with it, but we've got lots of canned food from the garden and all.

I'd love to build an underground house for such an occasion.

Looks like a good read.

I'll check it out.

Comment

my 100 rm mansion has its own power grid and my boeing bbj maz7 is always fueled and ready to go.

Comment

I have a gun. If the power grid goes down and you don't have a gun then I'm the prepper. I'm taking your ****

Naw but seriously, for a short period of time it wouldn't be to bad. But if it's a nuclear attack or the power grid is going to be down for an extended period of time I don't want to live in this world. I'm accustomed to a certain lifestyle. And the 15th century isn't a world I would want to live in.

Comment

The preppers usually have a **** ton of guns and ammunition. The only thing you are taking is a dump once a laser beam is pointed at your head for even attempting to go on these peoples property.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                The preppers usually have a **** ton of guns and ammunition. The only thing you are taking is a dump once a laser beam is pointed at your head for even attempting to go on these peoples property.
                Not in the UK they don't.

Comment

Not in the UK they don't.
                  Oh yeah then nvm, not even your police carry weapons.

Comment

Yeah I think the serious preppers get all kinds of gear like night vision goggles and whatever other military gear they can get their hands on.

My worry is a few days or weeks maybe without power. No stores could take credit cards, gas pumps won't work without electricity, neither would traffic lights or anything like that. Cell phone towers and the internet would be down, etc. That kind of stuff could cause a lot of problems if the power stayed down for more than a couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                    X