No announcement yet.

What was your first car you bought yourself? Post a pic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    So that means you had a custom paint job....

Now put 2 & 2 together.

We from two different worlds....
    if you put 2&2 together
    We are from the same hood

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      My first vehicle was given to me by my Dad, God bless that man.

The first vehicle that I technically bought (also with his help) was this.

Real talk. I spoil my kids. I feel bad for always being out of town. I dont care what their grades are or how much they've been acting up. They'll always get what they want from me. Can't wait to buy my eldest son a car. I'm tryna put him in a Cadillac

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Nah. I didn't have the funds or the know how to really attempt a restoration of any sort. Was 16.

It was a summe to fall of junior year in high school type of deal.
        Your father helped you?

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
          if you put 2&2 together
          We are from the same hood
          Well you jumped off the porch a lot later than i did. I didn't jump off the porch. I was kicked off

Comment

25th anniversary edition GTI.

I bought it when I got out of boot camp, had money saved and it only had 9k miles (it's a 2002 limited edition anniversary model) then when I had to go to SOI, came back to NJ and drove it to North Carolina. Sold it there a couple years later.

Fun car to drive, and it had some goodies.

It was some old guy that sold it to me, I guess he wanted to keep it as just something fun to drive but it ended up collective dust.
            Last edited by Beercules; 12-06-2017, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Real talk. I spoil my kids. I feel bad for always being out of town. I dont care what their grades are or how much they've been acting up. They'll always get what they want from me. Can't wait to buy my eldest son a car. I'm tryna put him in a Cadillac
              God willing you do.

Comment

Your father helped you?
                With what?

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  I've never had to buy one of my own because my parents bought me lots of nice cars

My bad, meant to post this from my 1bad65 alt
                  I've bought every car I've owned, outside of my first car when I was 16.

It was a '73 Bug.

The first car I myself bought was, you guessed it, a very nice 1965 Mustang. Bought it at 21. Metallic blue, white vinyl top, 289 V8 with a custom exhaust and a shift kit.

I'll ask Mrs 1bad65 if she can find pics of it and I'll post them.
                  Last edited by 1bad65; 12-05-2017, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    I've bought every car I've owned, outside of my first car when I was 16.

It was a '73 Bug.

The first car I myself bought was, you guessed it, a very nice 1965 Mustang. Bought it at 21. Metallic blue, white vinyl top, 289 V8 with a custom exhaust and a shift kit.
                    I'm only ****ing around mate

What do you own now

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      I've never had to buy one of my own because my parents bought me lots of nice cars

My bad, meant to post this from my 1bad65 alt
                      That does remind me of one of the many funny stories involving it.

I've always looked very young for my age, and I got stopped in it speeding once.

The cop got smart and told me, 'Just because your parents bought you a fast car doesn't mean you need to drive it like an a-hole when school is out.'

I replied back that I made more money than he did, and he needed to shut the f up and just write the ticket I'd be paying with my pocket change.

When he looked at my ID and saw I was in my mid-20s and saw my work badge in my wallet showing where I worked, he didn't have much to say.

Comment

Working...
                      X