Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you guys ever mentored or try to help any younger cats out and they turn on you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try talking to these little dudes but they fall victim to wanting to badly to be “cool”

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Woah woah woah pump the brakes
      let me rephrase that:

(clears throat)

I fcuking hate cats...except Beercules lovable, adorable beer drinking cat

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
        let me rephrase that:

(clears throat)

I fcuking hate cats...except Beercules lovable, adorable beer drinking cat
        there we go

🐈🐈

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Mine involved a family friend.

Her teenage son was being knucklehead. Even his stepdad couldn't help.

She knew I was a big boxing and MMA fan and heard that straightened some kids out. At the time I'd never trained, btw.

So I spent time going to various gyms and researching the trainers to find a good one. I found one, met the owner, and it looked good.

His mom asked me to go with him, though I was out of shape, smoked, etc.

We went twice. He quit and went back to being an idiot. I stayed and trained for the better part of 10 years, made lifelong friends, and got in good shape.

It worked out for me in the long run.
          oh family friends and relatives are the worst. they feel just cuz of the relationship they are owed something.

i tried help out my lil cousins several times and he keeps flaking or puzzing out last minute.

Comment

people love you till you say no.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
              I try talking to these little dudes but they fall victim to wanting to badly to be “cool”
              lol don't get me started on wanting to be cool.

i gave this one guy chance and he showed up to work wearing his grill, and lil yachty color braids to try to stand out.

needless to say he didn't last very long.

Comment

in the past yes but they didnt turn on me...actually ended up being responsible peeps...just needed a helping hand during a rough time

would i do it again with this younger generation? fack no..i hate 99% of these young assh0les nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  yeah. scratched up my new couch and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                    Me and some colleagues had this discussion. Back when I was a GM, I gave a ton of younger guys a chance and even mentored and helped them all out, but pretty much almost all of them ended up blaming me for their failures. I think thats whats wrong with this generation they bite the hand that feeds them and try to throw anyone under the bus to save their own behind in a heartbeat.

Bunch of my friends had a similar situation where we all tried to give these younger guys the benefit of the doubt and it blows up in our faces.

I never was like that towards any of my mentors. They taught me a lot and pulled strings for me that I still greatly appreciate to this day.
                    You were probably too nice to them. You can't be very nice when you mentor someone. You have to show interest, but ask them open ended questions and let them come to conclusions by themselves.

Comment

kunts always respected my point of view. but if i talk to the younge cats these days there heads empty cos of the skunk , yeah man yeah man or lad they say. stupid kunts

Comment

Working...
                      X