No announcement yet.

Most dangerous places you've visited

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    Hmmm not really. I got robbed in the philippines.
    On some real sh it, the Philippines is rough. My uncle got stabbed with a machete over there in the navy. He thought he was captain save a hoe or somebody and got poked up, interfering in a domestic dispute

Comment

Is Detroit its own country? Lol

Comment

We were robbed at machete point in Thailand when I went with some friends so I guess that would be mine.

Looking back we were so stupid really. We had been to a beach party on one of the Islands (Koh Pha Ngan if anyone has been) and us and a few others we had met went to find a 7/11 to get cash and some food. There we were pissed out our heads, a group of white kids sticking out like a sore thumb wandering through some old track road in a third world country

I imagine when the thai kids (I reckon they were teens but hard to tell) saw us their eyes must have flashed dollar signs like a disney cartoon character.

Luckily I think they werent that experienced (or likely **** scared of being caught, I bet the punishments are no joke out there) as they only took a few things off my mate and left. They got his wallet which had no money in only cards, and didnt get his phone which was a good model back in the day and worth a few quid in a place like Thailand. Then left without going to the rest of us. The girls we were with had their passports and phones and stuff, they could have made a bomb. All they ended up with was a few cards that were instantly cancelled with a quick call to the bank.

Other than that one bit though Thailand was a friendly place so Im not sure that would be the most dangerous overall. If we had put our selves in that position in the wrong place in London the outcome would have been the same.

Slovakia was probably the most intimidating and hostile place I have been. Beautiful women, but the blokes all look like they want to kill you. Proper neo nazi skin head types. Constant feeling of danger in that place. Not nice.

Comment

first time i went to a bar in glasgow i was sweatin like a nonce in mothercare, i soon realised no matter where you go good people outnumber the bad tenfold . every **** was freindly. god help us all when the bad kunts catch up. and tbh it will never happen

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            How do you know he wasn't using his extensive knowledge of the area to avoid traffic congestion?.
            Because we were quite clearly heading out of the city and needed to be on the opposite side of the city. I'm well travelled and streetwise enough to know when something isn't right.

Comment

probobly southern thailand but technically speaking, saudi arabia (stopover flight)

re thailand, me and my gf were on the train heading south to Malaysia, when in the travel guide book of s/e asia i was reading there were severe warnings for a no go area in southern thailand, where there had been bombings, kidnappings and general terrorist activity and the british goverment had warnings to all tourists not to go.
              nothing i could do it was already too late, but i thought ok i was a pretty seasoned traveller at this point and had been all over s/e asia in some of the poorest/remotest areas and prevented being robbed on a vietnam train/and in bangkok so i was confident in my street smarts to avoid danger, anyway fast forward and this train is starting to come to a stop in some shthole area in the middle of nowhere and i **** you not as i look out the window i see over a dozen guys with scarves, cloths etc covering their face all standing along the train tracks and i swear some of them had weapons but i actually cant recall due to the fact at this moment i **** a brick, my memory is pretty hazy at that exact moment....understandably considering i was convinced these were islamists about to kidnap me and likely cut my head off lol...
              long story short there was some huge delay for some unknown reason, we were the only foreigners on the train i think, no idea who these guys were but yeah the border town with malaysia we stayed in our hostel room apart from going out once and there were metal detectors at the entrance in every major shop and solders all over the place,apparently there was a bombing a week before we arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
                After i did the ciudad perdida (lost city) trek in Columbia i went to do some scuba diving on Carribean coast in nearby town called Taganga, about 15 minutes outside of Santa Marta. I got myself in a sticky situation.
                I needed to find a quiet place to have a smoke, away from locals and cops. It was good columbian stuff, so after i was baked, I had my bag stolen/snatched. I went chasing after the teenagers who stole it and ended up lost in dodge back streets (6 foot 3 gringo with broken spanish stood out like dogs balls). I got held at gun point for the last possession i had - my wallet (they already had my camera(go pro), phone, cash etc)

When i reported it to the police shortly after (i was still wrecked) my basic spanish turned into zero spanish..my brain could not string a sentence together.
                Ninő, camisa, camisa rojo, robbar.

Note to all readers: AVOID Tagagnga like the plague, it's a ****, dodge as hell town. Cheap scuba diving, yes..but there is SO much crime, it's not worth it. The reason for this is because it was a poor fishing village and then tourism came to town. Now you still have many poor people who aren't reeping the tourist dollar and a heap of comparatively rich gringos who can afford to lose camera, phone or both. The perfect mixture for crime.

On footnote: i never backed up my photos since landing in south america a month before and lost all photos from Buenas aires, Iguazu falls, Rio De Janeiro - olympics, sugarloaf, Jesus statue, Lost city trek in Columbia, plus diving that day. BACK UP YOUR PHOTOS PEOPLE!!!!!!
                Green K for the tips on Brazil via PM bro appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                  Share a story
                  Green K great subject for a thread bro as I'm always wanting to travel more.

All Jokes Aside, didn't Ricky Hatton get robbed in China like a few years back? I think this was like right before the Pacquiao fight or something?

I remember reading here on this site actually. Like they jumped him and took his Rolex and wallet and phone right?

I was like China? WTF? I didn't think tourist would get jacked in China but I guess you can get jacked anywhere and again its Ricky Hatton, its not like it was some weak busta.

Comment

ireland.....dangerously boring

Comment

Stood eye to eye with North Korean guards at the DMZ.

Almost got rolled a couple times in sketchy parts of Ecuador. Dudes just walk up to you with a shotgun in their hand and put their hand out for money, no words, just a hand. The shotgun does the talking if you don't grease the palm. Fortunately it only takes a couple of bucks to fend them off.

Most dangerous of all was growing up in NYC during crack epidemic. It was Dodge City every night. Gunshots from the rooftops (Bushwick, Brooklyn before it was invaded by hipsters), random shootings for no reason, zombie-like junkies walking in circles on street corners. Got shot at more than once and watched my best friend take one in the back. Crazy time to be in NYC or most big cities at that time. I had a lot of close calls on the streets and subways. I think something like 2,300+ murders took place that year in NYC alone.

Comment

Working...
                      X