Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hacked emails show Harvey Weinstein urged Clinton to drop BLM in favor of Sandy Hook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    If you rely on liberally biased snopes you will remain woefully uninformed.

LBJ was a racist. I can list multiple links to him use the N-word during his term in office. It's on YouTube and even the New York Times.

Here is a good read about LBJ and his alleged civil rights pioneering.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.breit...j-and-mlk/amp/
    What's funny is Snopes had to all but concede he was racist.

Too many people heard it, saw it, and were even the targets of it.

During Lyndon B. Johnson’s first 20 years in Congress, he opposed every civil rights measure that came up for a vote.

So they focus on the one quote that's toughest to prove. And they play that one little thing to the hilt to try and avoid conceding the fact LBJ was roaring racist.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      1) Breitbart is not unbiased. Not even close.

2) This article offers literally no additional evidence regarding the quote. It just suggests that he said it
      When a man has been quoted and recorded saying very similar statements and referring to blacks as the N-word, I think it is safe to say he said what he said. Not sure what purpose you have in defending him. Read the article. Use google read more articles. Even the liberal NYT quotes him using racist comments and rhetoric. You deny he was a racist who pandered to blacks?

Comment

Going back all the way to LBJ (a Democrat), who said regarding welfare, "I'll have these n****** voting Democrat for the next 200 years." Democrats have always pandered to minorities to get their vote. They have been doing this with illegal immigrants and the Latino vote for two decades now.
        Imma need a link for that quote.

A lot of people claim this quote but I haven't seen one ounce of proof that he ever said that
        Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        Yeah. Drop a link.
        One quote we know is true, and turned out to be true. Is when he said giving black people civil rights will cause southern white people to vote Republicans.

When he signed the act he was euphoric, but late that very night I found him in a melancholy mood as he lay in bed reading the bulldog edition of the Washington Post with headlines celebrating the day. I asked him what was troubling him. "I think we just delivered the South to the Republican party for a long time to come," he said.
        http://message.snopes.com/showpost.p...55&postcount=2

Comment

When a man has been quoted and recorded saying very similar statements and referring to blacks as the N-word, I think it is safe to say he said what he said. Not sure what purpose you have in defending him. Read the article. Use google read more articles. Even the liberal NYT quotes him using racist comments and rhetoric. You deny he was a racist who pandered to blacks?
          This couldn't be more logically flawed.

It doesn't follow that just because LBJ was comfortable saying the N word (which I have never doubted) that any statement containing the N word can confidently be attributed to him.

For this quote there seems to be nothing documented suggesting that he said it. No individuals who were around LBJ have confirmed it. No recordings. As far as I'm concerned, it's just a rumor.
          Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-05-2017, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Have you read that book?

If not, I highly suggest you do.

t's got great personal, inside stories about Presidents from Kennedy to the middle Clinton years. Cooks, butlers, the White House barber, Air Force one pilots and crew, and on and on.

LBJ was a huge philanderer who hit on any women he could. He was once on Air Force 2 when he was VP. He so begging this one European correspondent to hook up with him while he was in Europe, that the Air Force guy disconnected the call and told LBJ there was technical issues.

He said he did that because LBJ was being so pathetic he worried the call could be tapped, recorded, and used by the Soviets for possible blackmail.

Comment

Going back all the way to LBJ (a Democrat), who said regarding welfare, "I'll have these n****** voting Democrat for the next 200 years." Democrats have always pandered to minorities to get their vote. They have been doing this with illegal immigrants and the Latino vote for two decades now.
              Exactly right..

It's why In the debates Hillary said Chicago was vibrant and trump was wrong saying the city had a crime problem.

Why right now, broke Chicago, their liberal mayor wants to take in a million Puerto Rican's.. even though they can't afford their own city, they want to bring in a million immigrants that will cost the city even more.. but it's an easy voting block..

Dumb non-whites are the democrats bread n butter..

Comment

This couldn't be more logically flawed.

It doesn't follow that just because LBJ was comfortable saying the N word (which I have never doubted) that any statement containing the N word can confidently be attributed to him.

For this quote there seems to be nothing documented suggesting that he said it. No individuals who were around LBJ have confirmed it. No recordings. As far as I'm concerned, it's just a rumor.
                So you would rather believe he didn't say it and give him the benefit of the doubt? Why else would be advocate for social services and government handouts for blacks?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

During Lyndon B. Johnson’s first 20 years in Congress, he opposed every civil rights measure that came up for a vote.

So they focus on the one quote that's toughest to prove. And they play that one little thing to the hilt to try and avoid conceding the fact LBJ was roaring racist.
                  They don't even bother to read the articles I posted. They could not have had time to read it and post this quickly if they had. They are on auto-pilot when it comes to deflecting.

Comment

They don't even bother to read the articles I posted. They could not have had time to read it and post this quickly if they had. They are on auto-pilot when it comes to deflecting.
                    LMFAO!!!

I saw someone recently get called for that on another site I visit.

It's such ignorance and close-mindedness to not even listen to an opposing viewpoint, and yet these are the ones fancying themselves as the smartest people in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

What? Everybody knew LBJ was racist. He was a Dixiecrat. Anybody who thinks LBJ wasn't racist because he signed the CRA is like people thinking Lincoln wasn't racist because he freed the slaves. Both did it because it was their only option. Reminds me of this quote

Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing…after they have exhausted all other possibilities.
                      Now a man I've been going back and forth on about his racism in George Wallace. Was Wallace a racist or a political opportunist?

What he said while running for Governor in 1958

I want to tell the good people of this state as a judge of the 3rd Judicial Circuit, if I didn’t have what it took to treat a man fair regardless of his color, then I don’t have what it takes to be the governor of your great state.
                      What he said about losing the Governor race in 1958
                      I was out-n*ggered by John Patterson. And I'll tell you here and now, I will never be out-n*ggered again.
                      What he afer becoming Governor the second time around after being "out-n*ggered by Patterson

As your governor, I shall resist any illegal federal court order, even to the point of standing at the schoolhouse door in person, if necessary....It is very appropriate that from this cradle of the Confederacy, this very heart of the great Anglo-Saxon Southland, that today we sound the drum for freedom as have our generations of forebears before us time and again down through history. Let us rise to the call for freedom-loving blood that is in us and send our answer to the tyranny that clanks its chains upon the South. In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow and segregation forever.
                      What he said later about his transformation

I tried to talk about good roads and good schools and all these things that have been part of my career, and nobody listened. And then I began talking about n*ggers, and they stomped the floor.
                      Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 10-05-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X