Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have your opinions on gun control laws changed over recent incidents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    Automatic rifles have been illegal.
    assault rifles should be banned from being owned by one particular demographic. the ones most prone to mass shootings.

see, look at you. you own tons of military grade weaponry and i'm not afraid of your intentions with your guns. you're a fat Asian who wouldn't hurt a fly, but put those same guns in the hands of Tyler Jacoby Maderson from beverly hills who recently caught his GF cheating on him, no schools and concert venues are safe.

Comment

No not really...

Bad people always gonna find ways to do bad things.

I do think some reform is necessary, like I never understood how these gun shows can have people buying and selling with very little regulation.

I also think there needs to be a more stricter policy when it comes to buying automatic or semiautomatic weapons.

Handguns and hunting rifles/shotguns/bows should be left alone for the most part with maybe a few tweaks

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        I don't know what the answer is. But it ought to be harder to buy automatic/large weapons. People who are neither criminals nor insane when they buy the weapons may not stay that way forever, so checking for these things is not 100% foolproof.

At least a few guns the shooter owns were purchased legally. He had no criminal history or diagnosed mental illness to the best of my current knowledge.

It is not yet clear if the guns purchased legally at that store include anything used today.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/u...r.html?mcubz=1
        Again

Automatic weapons are not easily gotten legally

There has been a freeze on
        automatic weapons since1986

Ppl think americans can get automatic weapons because of youtube and movies

Fact is its hard to get one legally

Only ones bought and registered before 1986 is legal

When u see guys shoot machine guns on YouTube

They're usually just test firing or borrowing these things from manufacturers
        Last edited by Left Hook Tua; 10-02-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
          i'd rather drive a prius than perpetuate the negative "ricer" stereotype like you with your loud exhaust 1999 honda civic SI with the Acura branding instead of honda because it's "cooler" that way. Uncle wong chi.

you got beat up by a bunch of racers, didnt you

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
            assault rifles should be banned from being owned by one particular demographic. the ones most prone to mass shootings.

see, look at you. you own tons of military grade weaponry and i'm not afraid of your intentions with your guns. you're a fat Asian who wouldn't hurt a fly, but put those same guns in the hands of Tyler Jacoby Maderson from beverly hills who recently caught his GF cheating on him, no schools and concert venues are safe.
            My " military grade " weaponry are illegal

These guns are all illegal in California

Plus I'm a convicted felon

It's illegal for me to own any gun

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              you got beat up by a bunch of racers, didnt you
              Racers?

He probably got beat up by the asian nerds

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                start by looking at the international success stories. free up congress and the CDC to conduct whatever research they need to conduct. get the states involved. then in congress they'd put together committees designed to orchestrate the legislation and subsequent debates. bills would go through the senate and the house, and then get to the desk of the president.

it's not easy and would cost millions, if not billions, and take a long, long time.

i don't think it will be legal for a civvi to get an automatic rifle for long. hope i'm not wrong.
                Good thing it's basically as easy to make them in your garage as it is to buy them these days and you have no say in the matter/can do nothing/the end.

You weird repressed creeps are fighting a losing battle. I still owned guns even when I lived in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  my stance really hasn't changed, but my evaluation of the time frame for the kind of gun legislation i think we need is starting to shorten. shootings like this one, where high powered, high magazine, automatic weapons are used by domestic actors, in high profile areas and against innocent people, are going to be the catalyst for smart gun control and decency.

this has got to stop, and i think the country is starting to come around to the idea that you can limit the effectiveness of mass shooters by limiting their access to that kind of firepower.

the main reason that these guns are accessible in our country, and not accessible in other civilized countries, is the influence of the defense and gun lobby over congress. that's just a fact at this stage. those lobbyists and the congressional leaders in their pockets ought to feel deep, deep shame when they go to bed tonight.
                  Yep. More or less on board with all this.

It's really crazy when you think about this gun sh^t. I mean what product can a US citizen buy and use as maliciously against random innocent people like this guy last night?

You can't smoke in public cuz of 2nd hand smoke. They made lawn darts illegal I believe in some places. But nearly any dipsh^t can get a gun he could use in a war zone lol.

Its crazy town and irrational love of some words by some dead people from a couple hundred years ago seem to be the flag most pro-weapons are waving.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    Racers?

He probably got beat up by the asian nerds

then they kicked him out of their Dungeons and Dragons Club

that's why he's all salty

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      After Vegas somethings gotta give, personally I dont have the slightest clue where Id begin if it were up to me. What would you do if gun control laws were up to you?
                      No because 99.9% of all gun deaths in the USA are still committed with hand guns not military styled rifles. And there is absolutely no chance of banning hand guns.

Comment

Working...
                      X