Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have your opinions on gun control laws changed over recent incidents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
    Not to be a dick, but your reasoning is flawed and inconsistent. You can't be a 2nd amendment supporter and be ok with banning guns. Those positions are oil and water. There is no ambiguity in the 2nd amendment.

Thats not to say you can't be ok with some guns being legal and banning others, but it is inconsistent with the 2nd amendment.

As for compromise, you need to do away with the 2nd amendment and then go about the business of debating what should or should'nt be legal. In that case you need 2/3 of the House to pass an amendment and 3/4 of the states to approve it or you need 2/3 of the states to call for a Constitutional Convention. Good luck.
    Thats completely false.

Its completely open to interpretation.

Where can I bear arms? Which arms can I bear? Can my 12 year old son bear those arms? ...

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
      Thats completely false.

Its completely open to interpretation.

Where can I bear arms? Which arms can I bear? Can my 12 year old son bear those arms? ...

No it says what it says and means what it says. The where is a property right question, not a gun control question.

Which is answered in the amendment when it uses the plural, arms.

As far as a kid thats an argument for parents vs states rights, again, not a gun control issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
        No it says what it says and means what it says. The where is a property right question, not a gun control question.

Which is answered in the amendment when it uses the plural, arms.

As far as a kid thats an argument for parents vs states rights, again, not a gun control issue.
        No, because there has always been and always will be debate about what constitutes 'arms' and 'infringe'.

Can you go out and buy rocket launchers and grenades man?
        Last edited by AllBoxingAD; 10-05-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

Now we get to watch all the liberals and Democrats tell us how great the NRA is and how we should listen to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              Now we get to watch all the liberals and Democrats tell us how great the NRA is and how we should listen to them.
              Liberals and democrats want to work with responsible gun owners. We want commonsense legislation that regulates but does not infringe on citizens' rights. Why can't you compromise?

Comment

Liberals and democrats want to work with responsible gun owners. We want commonsense legislation that regulates but does not infringe on citizens' rights. Why can't you compromise?
                I'm all for compromise. Don't try and speak for me, please.

I'm for compromise if it gets us back to following the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution as written.

The 2nd Amendment clearly states the right of the people to keep and bear arms "shall not be infringed ".

It's not hard to understand. In their brilliance, the Founders wrote it in a simple manner so even the common man could easily understand it.

Somehow modern liberals can't seem to grasp it, however.

Comment

I'm all for compromise. Don't try and speak for me, please.

I'm for compromise if it gets us back to following the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution as written.

The 2nd Amendment clearly states the right of the people to keep and bear arms "shall not be infringed ".

It's not hard to understand. In their brilliance, the Founders wrote it in a simple manner so even the common man could easily understand it.

Somehow modern liberals can't seem to grasp it, however.
                  We regulate weapons now - for instance automatic weapons are outlawed, you can't walk into a federal building with a firearm. You OK with those restrictions?

Comment

We regulate weapons now - for instance automatic weapons are outlawed, you can't walk into a federal building with a firearm. You OK with those restrictions?
                    Automatic weapons should be legal for 'the people' to keep and bear.

I'm ok with not allowing people to carry in certain places, such as court houses for obvious reasons.

Comment

Don't try to speak for me please

The NRA is still awful, but at least they realize bump fire stocks are unnecessary

Comment

Working...
                      X