Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have your opinions on gun control laws changed over recent incidents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      This is a cop out Tua. what about the situations in all the industrialized nations that have strict gun laws?

Those countries have gun control embedded in their culture. If we take the same steps over time things will change. Things haven't changed in Cali because the USA's gun culture hasn't been addressed nationally.

So I think its clear that gun laws can't be a states issue . It has to be addressed by Congress such that over time the gun culture isn't passed on to our children.
      Those European nations don't have the same problems we do tbh.

And their crime rates were already low even before strict gun controls.

How about nations with strict gun controls that has major crime and murders?

It goes both ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        Dunn, I got love for you, but this is where I go crazy.
        God
        Guns
        Country

I'm a Sephardic Jew waiting for disaster, yet well armed
        Guns gimme that false sense of security I may not need
        USA is my country right to bear arms etc

I hate to admit that I'm rigid about guns.
        I'd like to think I'm an open minded non conspiritorial theorist. But, I know ...historically, take away guns, and oppression follows. That pattern is a prominent feature of fascism & history.
        I have no problem with your beliefs dude. I am not trying to change them or infringe on them. I am trying to change the culture in the USA where automatic weapons and high capacity magazines are legal for purchase by citizens. I am trying to get the NRA out of politics such that their money is used to blackmail elected officials to cast votes directly opposite of what people's views are with respect to background checks.

Respecting your views, IMO the greatest false flag in this country is the notion that the fears of government citizens had when we were forming our new nation are the same now that we are an older, more advanced nation. The gov't isn't coming to your door with torches and muskets to arrest you.

They are going to freeze your assets. Make it impossible for you to get credit or cash. tap your cell phone and internet. make it impossible for you to travel. I agree that you should have a healthy fear of gov't, just make sure you have the proper defense tools. Is an AK 47 really the best defense against the gov't of today?

The bottom line for me is there should be a balance between your right to bear arms and society's need to feel safe from gun violence. I saw nothing in your views that prevent common ground from being found.

Comment

• Ppl wanna blame gun culture for all this.

Does it add to the problem? Sure.

Is it the main problem?

How about the us crime culture?

I'd say that's more of a problem.

We a culture of crime and murder in the us.

One only has to watch our movies.

We glorify killers and mobsters and gangsters.

Immigration, poverty, racial, etc. also add to it.

Usa faces problems that a lot of these eu countries dont.

Can't just blame it on guns.

Comment

I have no problem with your beliefs dude. I am not trying to change them or infringe on them. I am trying to change the culture in the USA where automatic weapons and high capacity magazines are legal for purchase by citizens. I am trying to get the NRA out of politics such that their money is used to blackmail elected officials to cast votes directly opposite of what people's views are with respect to background checks.

Respecting your views, IMO the greatest false flag in this country is the notion that the fears of government citizens had when we were forming our new nation are the same now that we are an older, more advanced nation. The gov't isn't coming to your door with torches and muskets to arrest you.

They are going to freeze your assets. Make it impossible for you to get credit or cash. tap your cell phone and internet. make it impossible for you to travel. I agree that you should have a healthy fear of gov't, just make sure you have the proper defense tools. Is an AK 47 really the best defense against the gov't of today?

The bottom line for me is there should be a balance between your right to bear arms and society's need to feel safe from gun violence. I saw nothing in your views that prevent common ground from being found.
            Our Constitution gave us the right to bear arms.

Constitution doesn't ensure the right to feel safe.

Ask your local police dept.

They're not under any obligation to protect you.

That's why u can't sue the govt if u get robbed or attacked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              Those European nations don't have the same problems we do tbh.

And their crime rates were already low even before strict gun controls.

How about nations with strict gun controls that has major crime and murders?

It goes both ways.
              They don't IMO because they addressed it as a societal problem not an individual one. They focused on gun deaths while we are discussing the issue in terms of freedoms. One doesn't lose freedom if certain weapons are not made available for purchase.

Nothing is perfect. That said, attacking this from a national issue will be more effective than letting the individual states make the rules because those are too easily circumvented.

Comment

I get that laws don't deter criminals. as we witnessed yesterday, criminals are not buying automatic weapons, law abiding citizens are.

Again, its not about legislating intent its about legislating availability. If these guns are not so easily available we don't know what happens here. Maybe he gets caught while trying to illegally purchase them.

If he can only by non automatic weapons, then the death and injured toll is far less because he isn't firing in the neighborhood of 700 rounds a minute.

Other than war, why would one need a gun capable of firing 700 rounds in 60 seconds?
                Depending on his skill level.

He might actually have hit more ppl not firing full automatic.

Full automatic just wasted his bullets.

And you'd be surprised how fast you can fire a gun that is not full auto.

700 rounds per minute full auto might sound like a lot.

Now wiggle your point finger as fast as you can for a minute.

Count it.

That's how fast u can shoot a non full auto gun.

Comment

They don't IMO because they addressed it as a societal problem not an individual one. They focused on gun deaths while we are discussing the issue in terms of freedoms. One doesn't lose freedom if certain weapons are not made available for purchase.

Nothing is perfect. That said, attacking this from a national issue will be more effective than letting the individual states make the rules because those are too easily circumvented.
                  Nonsense.

You're telling me Sweden and Belgium and all this eu countries would have same murders if guns weren't banned?

You telling me Norway and Portugal would turn into watts or detroit or Oakland if they make guns legal?

I don't think so.

Comment

Cool. I guess epigeneticslly I fear what happened to my ancestors. I ain't going out like that. Agreed, muskets & torches have been replaced by illegal wire taps, and paramilitary raids on civilians. Posse Comitatus is null and void.

Ak47's are cool, but I'm an HK 91 & 93 die hard.

The bread & circus of Rome, is the NFL..sports etc.
                    We are a young federal republic, but most think we are a democracy.
                    Democracies are the worst form of government. That topic is for another time.
                    Last edited by Zaroku; 10-03-2017, 10:58 AM.

Comment

. I am trying to change the culture in the USA where automatic weapons and high capacity magazines are legal for purchase by citizens.
                      Automatic weapons used to be legal in the USA.

How many mass shootings were committed by automatic weapons back then.....

Comment

Working...
                      X