Mass Shooting in Las Vegas leaves 58 dead, hundreds injured

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    I think you are fully aware.
    Don't try reading my mind. You suck at it.

I don't play silly e-games. I don't recall the post(s) in question as that was long ago.

If you want me to comment on long-ago posts, you'll need to cite them to refresh my memory.

If you don't, no skin off my nose.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Citizens, like Kimmel, are sick of accepting this as reality and sick of congress inaction. He should be applauded for this.
      Back in the Founders' day he'd have been tarred and feathered.

They didn't take to kindly to *******s trying to take away the peoples' rights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bygeorge View Post
        I've browsed through about half of this thread and I'm pretty surprised that no one has mentioned that the reason why there is a 2nd amendment and it has nothing to do with hunting or even home defense but its there to keep the government from being tyrannical. Governments are made of men and it's foolhardy to put your trust fully and faithfully in men, the American founding fathers in their great wisdom knew this lesson well. Just take a look at Venezuela and North Korea right now. Hell just take a look at history like the USSR. Sorry, I don't have much faith in government not to become tyrannical.

Liberals always believe in more regulation of everything in a man's life. They already have a bill in the works right now to regulate the 1st amendment with regards to political speech and hate speech and I'm pretty sure they'll have a bill soon to further regulate the 2nd amendment.

Severe gun control doesn't work, just take a look at Oakland, Chicago, and Detroit. All cesspools of massive gun violence.
        I'm not surprised it doesn't work in isolated states if the country is awash with guns and if they border states with lax gun laws.

Government tyranny in modern America sounds really far fetched. Those examples you gave are ****ty backwater countries or didn't have a democracy. 2nd amendment was written for a different time why should it be held sacrosanct and above changing? What are guns going to achieve that campaigning/voting for change wouldn't? I don't get that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairweather View Post
          I'm not surprised it doesn't work in isolated states if the country is awash with guns and if they border states with lax gun laws.
          Why then don't the border States with the lax gun laws have the same massive crime rates the places with the strict gun laws have?

If the guns come from border States in the first place, by your logic those border States should be awash in gun crime.

I await your explanation....

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Why then don't the border States with the lax gun laws have the same massive crime rates the places with the strict gun laws have?

If the guns come from border States in the first place, by your logic those border States should be awash in gun crime.

I await your explanation....
            I didn't say they would be awash in gun crime. I'm talking about the viability of severe gun control in isolated states when the country is awash with guns and which might border states with lax gun laws.

Comment

• Out of all places, I thought Vegas would be the safest place in the States. Guess I was wrong.

If I were to visit U.S, Nevada came to mind of being the safest. My opinion has changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairweather View Post
                I didn't say they would be awash in gun crime. I'm talking about the viability of severe gun control in isolated states when the country is awash with guns and which might border states with lax gun laws.
                I know you didn't say they had high gun crime. They don't.

I asked you to tell us why they don't since they are where the guns come from. Since you're blaming the availability of guns, you have to explain why the places the guns come from don't have the same high gun violence rates the places with the strict gun laws do.

Comment

• not gonna watch 9 min of kimmel crying.. conan remains the goat late night host. jimmy is way too political and isolates his crowd with his my way or the high way bullshlt

Comment

• Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                    not gonna watch 9 min of kimmel crying.. conan remains the goat late night host. jimmy is way too political and isolates his crowd with his my way or the high way bullshlt

Wow. He has a file on mass shooting remarks. This was good!

Comment

• Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                      not gonna watch 9 min of kimmel crying.. conan remains the goat late night host. jimmy is way too political and isolates his crowd with his my way or the high way bullshlt

Kimmel needs to just go ahead and move to CNN or MSNBC.

His show is nothing more than a DNC rally with a few guests.

Comment

Working...
                      X