No announcement yet.

Mass Shooting in Las Vegas leaves 58 dead, hundreds injured

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    That was 1782. It's 2017. The world and the country are completely different and the laws should reflect that difference. No reason for military grade weapons to be available for the public. They are not used for hunting or protection by the public.
    Same point I refuted with the other guy.

Try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      That was 1782. It's 2017. The world and the country are completely different and the laws should reflect that difference. No reason for military grade weapons to be available for the public. They are not used for hunting or protection by the public.
      The dude clearly think that the papers written by the founding fathers is irressistible to the changing of the world. It's as fundamental as the quran. Smdh.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        This is sickening. RIP.

On another note this proves that the yanks need more guns to avoid this thing in the future.
        I'm thinking it's about time they legalise some genuine military heavy ordinance - I mean, if someone had had an RPG 29 to hand they could have taken out the whole hotel room before this **** got out of hand. That's how the argument goes isn't it?

OK - yeah poor taste I know, and RIP to those who died in this tragedy, but the insanity of letting civilians buy military grade hardware is staggering to someone from this side of the pond.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Our Founders didn't envision TV, motion pictures, cell phones, and the Internet.

By your logic the 1st Amendment doesn't cover those.

Care to try a different talking point?
          Your post makes no sense at all.

Comment

Our Founders didn't envision TV, motion pictures, cell phones, and the Internet.

By your logic the 1st Amendment doesn't cover those.

Care to try a different talking point?
            But those things are forms of communication/speech etc. So that would be covered by 1st amendment and freedom of expression etc.

I do think that civilians having access to this kinda weaponry is insane.

What purpose does a machine gun serving other than to kill en masse? Nobody is in possession of machine guns for self defence.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
              Your post makes no sense at all.
              It does, to the intellectually honest and those with basic logic skills.

You're either clueless or being obtuse.

If it's the former, let me know and I'll try and explain in even simpler terms to you.

If it's the latter, I'm not surprised. I've made this point countless times, and not once has anyone offered up an effective rebuttal to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
                But those things are forms of communication/speech etc. So that would be covered by 1st amendment and freedom of expression etc.
                And an automatic weapon is still a firearm, and thus should be covered by the 2nd Amendment as semi-autos are.

Comment

Same point I refuted with the other guy.

Try again.
                  There is nothing to try again. There is no reason for these weapons to be sold to the public. The NRA has simply leveraged Republicans in Congress its a shame. You can be pro 2nd amendment and not want military grade weapons in public.

Matter of fact, if enough white men keep using military grade weapons to murder guests at country music shows like this, then things will change.

Even better, the whole crowd should've been armed like you and others want. That way, they could've all pulled their guns and shot each other, so there would be 400 dead and 2000 injured.

Then maybe Congress would get the courage to stand up to the NRA.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    The dude clearly think that the papers written by the founding fathers is irressistible to the changing of the world. It's as fundamental as the quran. Smdh.
                    None of them do. Its a safe space for them to hide. The NRA has made them all believe if you take the military grade weapons that means they will take the hunting rifles.

Don't worry though. Another few of these and things will change.

Comment

And an automatic weapon is still a firearm, and thus should be covered by the 2nd Amendment as semi-autos are.
                      Isn't the 2nd amendment for reasons of self-defence?

I understand handguns etc for purposes of self defence against home intruders and car jackers etc.

But that isn't what automatic weapons are being used for. They are being used to kill innocent people en masse.

Surely as a law abiding citizen you will think that there is a middle ground between respecting the 2nd amendment and preventing these incidents?

Why should handguns and machine guns be treated the same?

Comment

Working...
                      X