No announcement yet.

Why do we need tax cuts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    If you lose your job, you're still a US citizen whose skills were able to put him into a position, working for some time, in a nation abroad with no restrictions against you (unless Japan has some weird "only for the Japanese" rules that folks don't pay attention to generally).

The job market is what it is, but skills and contacts will hopefully lead you to a new opportunity, with your status as US citizen allowing you to pursue the new opportunity almost anywhere on the planet.

Still, if you have no taxable income (charitable giving in the US is also a tax perk), I'm not really seeing what you're fighting here?

Taxing my labor..America didn't start out taxing a man's labor..
    I'm feel like a slave, tax my property in the Bay Area is fine, tax what I purchase in the US also fine, but my labor=my time is mine

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Ok then, I'll just have to ask you to source your claim that 8 out of 10 people don't pay Income Tax.

Have at it....
      https://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway/2015/10/06/new-estimates-of-how-many-households-pay-no-federal-income-tax/

http://nypost.com/2016/02/24/45-percent-of-americans-pay-no-federal-income-tax/

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-refunds-reach-almost-125-billion-mark-irsgov-available-for-tax-help

44%/45% of people pay zero federal income tax, with 83% of people getting federal refund on the taxes.

17% of folks pay more beyond there withholdings, with 44% paying nothing and the remaining 39% paying between near nothing and almost to whatever their withholdings were (have had a tax year where my refund was for $6).

Comment

I've read about the Reagan cuts; if you want to argue that the repair bill that was passed almost immediately after had no impact, that's on you. You'd be wrong, but it's your right to be willfully wrong.
        What's this "repair bill" nonsense you keep parroting?

Be specific, and ready to source if asked.

I haven't looked into the Clinton capital gains tax cut, so there's not much for me to say. Not knowing any of the details, I sincerely doubt that the cut simply happened without other offsets.
        Lmao at these "offsets" and "repair bills".

Dude, tax rates were cut. Tax revenues then rose. I know Gruber called you folks "stupid", but it's not hard to grasp.

So are you stupid, being obtuse, or just an ideologue looking for any excuse no matter how pathetic to ignore historical fact and data?

You tell me.

Comment

https://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway/2015/10/06/new-estimates-of-how-many-households-pay-no-federal-income-tax/

http://nypost.com/2016/02/24/45-percent-of-americans-pay-no-federal-income-tax/

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-refunds-reach-almost-125-billion-mark-irsgov-available-for-tax-help

44%/45% of people pay zero federal income tax, with 83% of people getting federal refund on the taxes.

17% of folks pay more beyond there withholdings, with 44% paying nothing and the remaining 39% paying between near nothing and almost to whatever their withholdings were (have had a tax year where my refund was for $6).
          So it's roughly 45% who don't pay Income Taxes, not 8 out of 10.

You also just proved that the rich pay a lion's share of the Income Taxes.

Well done!!

That'll come in handy later on in the discourse, so much thanks for sourcing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            Taxing my labor..America didn't start out taxing a man's labor..
            I'm feel like a slave, tax my property in the Bay Area is fine, tax what I purchase in the US also fine, but my labor=my time is mine
            Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
              I'm so sick of this nonsense. The extra dough will be pocketed by the fat cat CEOs. The trickle down will go to the people cleaning their new yachts.

Comment

Sounds like some of these mugs is worried they welfare checks is gonna get cut.

Comment

What's this "repair bill" nonsense you keep parroting?

Be specific, and ready to source if asked.

Lmao at these "offsets" and "repair bills".

Dude, tax rates were cut. Tax revenues then rose. I know Gruber called you folks "stupid", but it's not hard to grasp.

So are you stupid, being obtuse, or just an ideologue looking for any excuse no matter how pathetic to ignore historical fact and data?

You tell me.
                  August 13, 1981, Reagan signed the Economic Recovery Tax Act, the massive tax cut. By September 1982, with Reagan's package throwing the economy back into full-on recession, the Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act was passed and basically undid everything that the bill in 1981 did.

Not that complicated, dude

Comment

So it's roughly 45% who don't pay Income Taxes, not 8 out of 10.

You also just proved that the rich pay a lion's share of the Income Taxes.

Well done!!

That'll come in handy later on in the discourse, so much thanks for sourcing that.
                    No one doubts that the rich pay the lion's share of income taxes; the issue comes when you have middle class people paying significant percentages of their income, the rich pay relatively little percentage of their income, and then when the time comes to try and pay for things, the rich are shielded from doing so (when their wealth leaves them in better position to handle the burden).

It's clear, that you've grown use to simply trolling without really knowing any of the information.

Comment

August 13, 1981, Reagan signed the Economic Recovery Tax Act, the massive tax cut. By September 1982, with Reagan's package throwing the economy back into full-on recession, the Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act was passed and basically undid everything that the bill in 1981 did.

Not that complicated, dude
                      What's your point??

It rescinded some of the tax cuts. Reagan still was a new tax cutter, big time.

Are you really truing to argue tax increases (that aren't even increases anyway, just a reducing of the tax cuts) set of the 1980s boom?

Comment

Working...
                      X