Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donald Trump Calls for NFL Owners to Fire Their Players Who Sit During the Anthem!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    You can exercise your freedom of speech all you want, the government cannot imprison and or punish you for it.

Your employer on the other hand can do whatever he likes. You typically sign a contract with a company that usually gives the company any right they like to let you go for whatever reason. Would you be as fervent in defending a persons right to work at say an IBM or Microsoft if they one day decided to expose themselves as a KKK member and start spewing racist rhetoric? That guy would be fired in a second, and you'd applaud the firing.
    Yes, I defend 1st amendment rights at all times. I'd rather you call me a ni**er than all the politically correct coded language. Makes it easier for me to know what you are really about.

With all due respect that is part of the problem and goes to your other question about what divides us.

There is no big deal if a player doesn't stand for the anthem. There is no repercussion for society. No one is harmed.

The person that "expose themselves as a KKK member and start spewing racist rhetoric" sends a message that they are part of an organization that has shown it will murder, lynch, rape, firebomb and attack people of color. That group and their members present a clear and present danger to other workers and to society.

Huge difference.

Comment

Yes you sure do, like when you vote that Jesus was an insignificant man whose importance was exaggerated. Spoken like a true man of the Lord.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Yes, I defend 1st amendment rights at all times. I'd rather you call me a ni**er than all the politically correct coded language. Makes it easier for me to know what you are really about.

With all due respect that is part of the problem and goes to your other question about what divides us.

There is no big deal if a player doesn't stand for the anthem. There is no repercussion for society. No one is harmed.

The person that "expose themselves as a KKK member and start spewing racist rhetoric" sends a message that they are part of an organization that has shown it will murder, lynch, rape, firebomb and attack people of color. That group and their members present a clear and present danger to other workers and to society.

Huge difference.

Ok remove the KKK part, and its some disgruntled racist white guy, then what?

Point is if I am an owner of a corporation or an NFL team, I'm giving the boot to the guy who kneels during the anthem or disrespects America, and I am also giving an even larger boot in the as$ to the guy who spews racist ****.

I'm not going to have my brand damaged, and risk losing money one way or the other.

Comment

Ok remove the KKK part, and its some disgruntled racist white guy, then what?

Point is if I am an owner of a corporation or an NFL team, I'm giving the boot to the guy who kneels during the anthem or disrespects America, and I am also giving an even larger boot in the as$ to the guy who spews racist ****.

I'm not going to have my brand damaged, and risk losing money one way or the other.
          The problem is kneeling during the anthem can't be equated with spewing racist language on the job. There is no rule that you have to stand during the anthem. There are however rules against spewing racist language (on your job)because it creates a hostile work environment that threatens the safety of your employees.

The brand isn't damaged by silent protests. If you recall, the protest happened twice before the media covered it. The media is using this to create a wedge issue because at the core this pits wealthy black men against working class white people.

I understand your point about "brand damage". That said, the NFL brand isn't being damaged in any way by the protests.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            If anyone wants to voice their discontent or participate in a boycott, they need to direct their efforts towards the network sponsors who pay big money for commercial slots during games. Write to Pepsi, Coke, Bud, McDonald's, and all the other big corporations and put the pressure on them. This is why foot-in-mouth journalists and TV personalities get fired. Sponsors threaten to pull their money because of boycott threats by the likes of Al Sharpton and other special interest race-baiters.

Anyone who expects these simple-minded football players to actually form an educated opinion is fooling themselves. Who really cares what an entitled, millionaire athlete thinks? One who has never sacrificed anything for his country or even his community. How many of these no-neck Neanderthals actually volunteer their time with local youth groups, give to charity to help underprivileged families or youths, try to actually mentor young black males in their respective communities? My guess is very few. It's easy to take a knee when you have no skin in the game, pun or no pun intended.

JJ Watt, Tomlinson, Boldin, Long brothers, Tebow, Kaepernick, Tom Brady, Marshwan Lynch, Warrick Dunn, Drew Brees, Tillman, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Nnamdi, Fitzgerald, Wilson, Bennett, Holt, Terrell Davis...

Just off the top of my head.

Comment

The problem is kneeling during the anthem can't be equated with spewing racist language on the job. There is no rule that you have to stand during the anthem. There are however rules against spewing racist language (on your job)because it creates a hostile work environment that threatens the safety of your employees.

The brand isn't damaged by silent protests. If you recall, the protest happened twice before the media covered it. The media is using this to create a wedge issue because at the core this pits wealthy black men against working class white people.

I understand your point about "brand damage". That said, the NFL brand isn't being damaged in any way by the protests.
              Uh.. I think they're all dumb ****s... So yea... It's damaged them.

Comment

I understand your point about "brand damage". That said, the NFL brand isn't being damaged in any way by the protests

The NFL and the networks who broadcast them are losing a ton of money due to a big reduction in viewers. Some of that of course has to do with people cutting their cords, however a huge chunk of it is due to people being turned off by the NFL's politicized stances, on both sides.

And whether there are or aren't rules about sitting during the anthem the damage when it comes to sitting during the anthem is far worse. A guy spewing racism is quickly ignored and brushed away as a loony, he wouldn't get more than a minute of air time if that. Someone doing what Kaepernick did has totally reinforced the polarization of this country and added on a new layer of tension to this already crazy situation, by getting national media attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                  Uh.. I think they're all dumb ****s... So yea... It's damaged them.
                  You are one individual that is entitled to their opinion. Whenever there is a movement of any kind, some will join, other will not and criticize. The criticism shouldn't make the movement stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                    JJ Watt, Tomlinson, Boldin, Long brothers, Tebow, Kaepernick, Tom Brady, Marshwan Lynch, Warrick Dunn, Drew Brees, Tillman, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Nnamdi, Fitzgerald, Wilson, Bennett, Holt, Terrell Davis...

Just off the top of my head.
                    And how many of those that you listed are taking a knee and protesting the National Anthem?

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      And how many of those that you listed are taking a knee and protesting the National Anthem?
                      Some are and some are not.

Here is what I dont understand from others.

Why look down on them instead of looking into whats going on with them?

Looking down on each other will never get anything accomplished.

Comment

Working...
                      X