Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was American slavery one of the greatest tragedies in the history of mankind?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously yes.

It represents some of the worst features of humanity.

From the Africans who captured and sold fellow human beings to slavers for money and power to British 'merchants' packing their cargo of human beings on ships like sardines to American slave owners treating their slaves like cattle to be whipped, herded and robbed of their humanity.

Im not going to get into a slanging match of 'oh it wasnt that bad look at these other examples of horrific **** that people do to each other', but it was clearly a stain on human history and example of how low we can sink for profit, power and greed.

Comment

• it's up there, but it doesn't equate with genocide and doesn't condemn white people to have some kind of guilt for 200 years.

i keep hearing on the internet black people talking about "your[my] ancestors enslaved us." we can't be racist because of what your ancestors did? what? can you even f#cking read a history book?

my ancestors emigrated to america when irish and italians lived in ghettos. before they emigrated i guarantee they'd never heard of or even thought about a black person in their lives. they were living rurally in italy and in a city in ireland. certainly weren't owning slaves and whipping them. they were working class people, the way most of the ancestors of white americans were. slave ownership was exclusive to the extremely wealthy.

this narrative that blacks can't be racist becauese of slavery and economic stratification has got to stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        What part of the Caribbean have you been to?

"Ha ignorance. Caribbean isn't a country" -siablo

See how dumb you sound?

For the record I have been to Dominican Republic twice, and Jamaica once.

DR is alittle rough, Jamaica nicer if you don't travel far into the locals.

It's a shame you guys have the most beautiful beaches and land, yet are too stupid to monetize it like Hawaii does, so the country itself isn't a craphole.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          "Ha ignorance. Caribbean isn't a country" -siablo

See how dumb you sound?

For the record I have been to Dominican Republic twice, and Jamaica once.

DR is alittle rough, Jamaica nicer if you don't travel far into the locals.

It's a shame you guys have the most beautiful beaches and land, yet are too stupid to monetize it like Hawaii does, so the country itself isn't a craphole.
          We monetize it. What you think those hotels that you saw are there for?
          At least you can call some of the Caribbean nations by name.
          Up to now you haven't been calling the unstable African countries by their respective names.
          You just keep saying Africa.

Comment

Up to now you haven't been calling the unstable African countries by their respective names.
            You just keep saying Caribbean, why can't I say Africa?

Typical example of another liberal double standard

bigdunn

Comment

Lmao at you monetizing it,,, then why is everyone poor as **** including yourself? Your whole country is poor and if let into America as the 51st state would be by far the poorest..

How come other islands like Japan, England, Hawaii are so poor?

Comment

You just keep saying Caribbean, why can't I say Africa?

Typical example of another liberal double standard

bigdunn
                At times you see me say Jamaica, Cuba, Dom Rep which is much smaller put together than the whole continent of Africa. No Caribbean countries are experiencing wars. There is a big difference between a country that's experiencing wars and a country that's at peace.

Comment

Lmao at you monetizing it,,, then why is everyone poor as **** including yourself? Your whole country is poor and if let into America as the 51st state would be by far the poorest..

How come other islands like Japan, England, Hawaii are so poor?
                  Japan? England(You mean the UK, England is not an island)? Hawaii?

Japan is a first world nation so is England. Hawaii is a state of the USA.

Those minimum wage jobs that the hotels provide will not make Jamaica a rich nation.

Comment

At times you see me say Jamaica, Cuba, Dom Rep which is much smaller put together than the whole continent of Africa. No Caribbean countries are experiencing wars. There is a big difference between a country that's experiencing wars and a country that's at peace.
                    Lmao....

Who is talking about wars?

You are a double standard idiot liberal..

Ok for you to use the terms, America, Asia, Europe and Caribbean but i can't use the term Africa..

Ok gotcha..

Jesus Christ, no wonder 3rd world countries get exploited some much, just look at these idiots trying to debate, let alone run a country

Comment

Japan? England(You mean the UK, England is not an island)? Hawaii?

Japan is a first world nation so is England. Hawaii is a state of the USA.

Those minimum wage jobs that the hotels provide will not make Jamaica a rich nation.
                      Lmao

"England isn't an island"

Folks you can't get any stupider than this....

How is Japan a first world country but not Jamaica? What's the difference..

How are Jamaicans so stupid, that they can't be a first world nation even though they have great agricultural fields and beautiful beaches and some of the best resorts??

Because it's filled with idiots like yourself..

"England ain't an island". Holy **** just kill yourself now, way too stupid for this world

Comment

Working...
                      X