No announcement yet.

Rugby league is tougher than NFL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby league is tougher than NFL

Were im from we play Rugby League. Not to be confused with union. It is a far tougher game than NFL. Their are no pads. It's doesn't stop. So the fitness levels are far superior. Now I'm not saying we have better players. Due to population. A standard NFL player with the right conditioning would kill it at league. However Rugby League currently has some of the greatest players of all time. Out of those players I believe Billy Slater could compete in NFL. Each year the best players from 2 states play each other in a series called State of Origin. These 3 games per year are brutal. A famous player once said its like 2 guys hold their hands over a flame and the first one to pull out loses. These games are probably the biggest sporting even in Australia each year. In 2014 grand final a player called Sam Burgess fractured his cheek bone and eye socket in the first hit. He played the entire game in the winning team and was awarded man of the match afterwards. Doctors later said he could of easily died during the game.

So it's played padless and its continuous. I think that's all I need to rest my case.

Rugby Union is the toughest of all 3, i like the frenetic pace of Rugby League though, the Burgess Brothers are just unreal!

Comment

This stupid topic has been created before. Multiple times.

Comment

League ****s on Union for intensity and toughness. Its a 10 meter run up each contact for 80 mins Union can't hold a candle to it for intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh knight View Post
          Were im from we play Rugby League. Not to be confused with union. It is a far tougher game than NFL. Their are no pads. It's doesn't stop. So the fitness levels are far superior. Now I'm not saying we have better players. Due to population. A standard NFL player with the right conditioning would kill it at league. However Rugby League currently has some of the greatest players of all time. Out of those players I believe Billy Slater could compete in NFL. Each year the best players from 2 states play each other in a series called State of Origin. These 3 games per year are brutal. A famous player once said its like 2 guys hold their hands over a flame and the first one to pull out loses. These games are probably the biggest sporting even in Australia each year. In 2014 grand final a player called Sam Burgess fractured his cheek bone and eye socket in the first hit. He played the entire game in the winning team and was awarded man of the match afterwards. Doctors later said he could of easily died during the game.

So it's played padless and its continuous. I think that's all I need to rest my case.
          Is that virtually no Rugby player is ever good enough to make the NFL, because they're so tough?

Comment

well to be fair, Rugby is manlier than that b1tch kickball the Brits love to lose at

Comment

you have no idea what you are talking about. pads allow you to hit, not tackle, and the impact is in another stratosphere particularly when you consider that the athletes in the NFL are bigger and just flat out more athletic. at least you recognize the gap in ability. has little to do with the population, either. we're just a better sporting nation, with more talent, a more diverse population, and better mechanisms scholastically that allow for the development of competition and talent.

if the whole "population size" thing held any water india wouldn't be a plebian athletic nation. they'd be the best! it's about nutrition, competition, genepools, money, etc. size actually has little to do with it. american ahtletes are just faster, stronger, and bigger than you f#cks.

funny story, the captain of our rugby team in college used to wait outside of my gym for me to talk about getting me to join the team. many of the players were from europe

Comment

if you had one top tier NFL level athlete, just one, in your rugby league, he'd be the only thing any of you ever talked about ever. you just don't understand the difference in talent, and that's fine. go back to your island where everybody is related.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  american ahtletes are just faster, stronger, and bigger than you f#cks.
                  Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) is a degenerative disease found in people who have suffered repeated blows to the head.
                  ... in 96% of NFL players analyzed in postmortem brain studies. Toporek, Bryan. "New: High School Football Can Lead to Long-Term Brain Damage, Study Says"

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    if you had one top tier NFL level athlete, just one, in your rugby league, he'd be the only thing any of you ever talked about ever. you just don't understand the difference in talent, and that's fine. go back to your island where everybody is related.
                    Tbf they don't have offensive team defensive team and special team in Rugby

Comment

Working...
                    X