Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just how insane is America's tipping culture?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just how insane is America's tipping culture?.

Why have you accepted to subsidise the low wages of workers to increase profits of the greedy companies employing them?.

Why have you accepted tipping out of fear of some scrote tampering with your food if younwont?

Why are you tipping someone to pull you a pint or a valet to park your car?.

Why are you paying someone to open a door for you at a hotel?.

Tipping should only be used for extremely good out of the ordinary service.

If one cannot afford to tip, I feel they shouldn't be eating out in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      If one cannot afford to tip, I feel they shouldn't be eating out in the first place
      It's not about the affordability of a tip, it's the principle.

Comment

It depends on the service. I don't tip Chinese people though.

What a ****ing racist that Beercules is.

Comment

I tip well because those workers are paid like shiet and they're more likely to use that money on basic necessities than I am. Especially with businesses I am likely to order from / come back to, since they tend to remember people who tip well.

And I definitely make sure to tip my barber well. Don't want him to half ass my cuts.

But I don't agree with it in principle. Workers shouldn't be so poorly paid that they need the tips to get by.
          Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 07-31-2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            It's not about the affordability of a tip, it's the principle.
            True. I tip good food service. Bartenders here in America are on some different ish though. They're entitled it seems like. When I was in Ireland and Scotland, it was different but I still tipped in pubs. I got some odd looks though lol

Comment

True. I tip good food service. Bartenders here in America are on some different ish though. They're entitled it seems like. When I was in Ireland and Scotland, it was different but I still tipped in pubs. I got some odd looks though lol
              Yeah when I used to bartend and someone didn't tip I was pissed.

I'm a crappy bartender anyway though so whatever

Comment

So you guys don't tip at all where you live?

Over here it's rude to not tip certain people, food delivery drivers, barber, waiter, taxi driver, bartender, etc.
                Last edited by Sup; 07-31-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Yes Beercules, you entitled ***** .

Just last month some leech barman tried to shame (I think it was an NBA player) after giving him a hundred dollar tip earlier just for passing him a bottle of vodka.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    It depends on the service. I don't tip Chinese people though.

What a ****ing racist that Beercules is.
                    i dont tip those fools either

i tip everyone else that shows any kind of effort in bringing my ****

Comment

Working...
                    X