No announcement yet.

Trump announces ban on transgender people in U.S. military

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

Believing an entire group of people is unqualified is not discrimination doe
    Call it what you will, but the military leaders made this decision. Trump rightly supported them. Too bad Obama didn't listen to them.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
      What is it about their physique that makes them unqualified?
      I never said it was about their physique.

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
        Trump is taking it too far. If the person is serving our military and is qualified to do the job, why shouldnt they serve?

this is wrong and there is zero justification for it.
        Agree with this poster and post.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
          How does one being a tranny mean they're not best qualified? lol there's plenty of shlt bags in the military. I'm not even stating I'm for or against this but being s tranny doesn't make one less qualified for the job
          Tell that to Defense Secretary General Mattis.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Call it what you will, but the military leaders made this decision. Trump rightly supported them. Too bad Obama didn't listen to them.
            Yeah, I'm sure cutting about 2,500 people from a force of 1.3 million, of whom about 1-5% will actually medically transition, will make a tremendous difference on the military's ability to be effective. Get real.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 07-26-2017, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Well you just said it's about picking best qualified. Being tranny automatically means you can't be best qualified?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                If the Generals believe this is what's best for the military I find it hard to disagree. The military is there to protect the country not the feelings of disgruntled citizens.

But Trump should let the General announce these decisions and not just post it on Twitter.
                Same argument was once made about non whites, women and gays. Tells me white male generals have always had an issue with non white men being part of the military.

Seems their real issue is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  Yeah, I'm sure cutting about 2,500 people from a force of 1.3 million, of whom about 1-5% will actually medically transition, will make a tremendous difference on the military's ability to be effective. Get real.

He's the expert here. I'm not going to argue with him.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                    Well you just said it's about picking best qualified. Being tranny automatically means you can't be best qualified?
                    According to Defense Secretary General Mattis, the answer is yes.

He's the expert here, not you or I.

Comment

He's the expert here. I'm not going to argue with him.
                      The fact that the military leaders reached the decision doesn't automatically make it sensible or not discriminatory.

You know you are allowed to have your own opinion right? It's not mandatory that you agree with Mattis just because he's the Defense Secretary General.

But sure, I will go ahead and contact him over an opinion you expressed in this thread. I'll let him know 1bad65 told me to call.... lol

Comment

Working...
                      X