No announcement yet.

Bodycam shows Baltimore police officer planting drugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by //// View Post
    I dunno if he was "reenacting" what had just transpired or planting the drugs (it would be kind of strange for everyone there to just stand there smiling if he was planting them), but it should not be legal for cops to turn their bodycams on and off like that.

I'm generally "pro-cop" but when you're in uniform you're the hand of the state and your privacy kinda goes out the window. They should be allowed to turn them off a few times a day to poop or have private conversations within the department but it should be rolling 100% tamperproof when they're on patrol.
    If I had to wear a bodycam, it would "accidentally" be on every time I went full nuclear on the ****ter

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      I dunno if he was "reenacting" what had just transpired or planting the drugs (it would be kind of strange for everyone there to just stand there smiling if he was planting them), but it should not be legal for cops to turn their bodycams on and off like that.

I'm generally "pro-cop" but when you're in uniform you're the hand of the state and your privacy kinda goes out the window. They should be allowed to turn them off a few times a day to poop or have private conversations within the department but it should be rolling 100% tamperproof when they're on patrol.
      Seems reasonable.

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      If I had to wear a bodycam, it would "accidentally" be on every time I went full nuclear on the ****ter

Comment

Shady stuff reminds me of Turkey. These guys just trying to justify their required quota or else they're not doing "narcotics" correctly. Even if there was recess season in drugs, these goons plant setups to justify their jobs and putting dudes on fabricated crimes, for example the guy gets caught with one rock, but they add a bigger stash to the scene. What is the criminal going to say? That he admitted to one rock piece an denying the rest?! What's the judge or jury going to believe?

Even films like LA Confidential or Training Day you'd think these plots would be inspired by actual events... and the dummies loving the reality... and Denzel gets an Oscar

Comment

The concept of framing exists everywhere and timeless.

Comment

Comment

pigs......

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
                Wonder if he'll face any jail time or is it the usual paid leave?
                prolly get a promotion knowing how they work.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  **** your 30 day break Motorcity Cobra and come look at this shiet right here

If not for the bodycam the guy would have gotten time in the slammer, forever damaging his future. And he'd have been included in some crime statistics that posters here would refer to.

6 dam months this guy will never get back
                  No surprised. Seen it happen plenty of times. Also seen cops rob drug dealers.

Comment

I don't understand why bodycams arent mandatory 24/7 and active for any on duty officer

Trump wanna win back some black vote, executive order it to be mandatory for live bodycams

Comment

You'd think body cams would be pretty much the sure fire way to "cover your ass", in certain levels of law enforcement.

I think when you start dealing with gang task force joints, narcotics, and things of that sort, policing gets a little bit more complex.

Yes, there are bad, incompetent people that should have never been considered to be police.

Don't kid yourself thinking that there aren't places here in the States that don't turn some decent police into monsters, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X