Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were the Showtime Lakers better than Jordan's Bulls?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
    I probably voted with my heart instead of my head but the Lakers were the most exciting fast break team in history and I would pick them in 7. Funny enough, the Blazers of the early nineties were right up there in terms of fast break excitement. Peace.
    They really were exciting to watch when they got rolling.

The key was that Kareem could defend the paint, rebound, then shoot an outlet pass to Magic. And #32 really was magic on the fast break, he could find an open man and make a pass on the run like no other.
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 07-01-2017, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      They really were exciting to watch when they got rolling.

The key was that Kareem could defend the paint, rebound, then shoot an outlet pass to Magic. And #32 really was magic on the fast break, he could find an open man and make a pass on the run like no other.
      Did you catch the ESPN documentary "Best of enemies" about the Lakers versus Celtics battles of the eighties?

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
        Did you catch the ESPN documentary "Best of enemies" about the Lakers versus Celtics battles of the eighties?
        No, I haven't.

Was it as good as the HBO documentary "Magic & Bird: A Courtship of Rivals?"

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          No, I haven't.

Was it as good as the HBO documentary "Magic & Bird: A Courtship of Rivals?"
          Honestly.....yes. It really delves into both organizations and just how intense that rivalry was. It talks about the beginnings of both organizations with guys like Bill Russell and Wilt and then goes through the entire decade. Where "Courtship of rivals" focuses primarily on Magic and Bird, this one focuses on the role players, coaches, gm's, and even announcers (as well as Magic and Larry). Definitely a must see.

Comment

I'll make sure to catch a replay next chance I get. In fact I'm going to set the DVR right now.

Comment

Originally posted by -makavelli- View Post
              lakers in 5

Comment

Bulls in 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  Bulls in 3.
                  Wait, what?

Comment

Comment

Balls in 4