Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It Is Not A Sin For A Muslim To Kill A Non-believer!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
    What you are describing is the exact opposite of courage. Refusing to question things is the easy path.

Taking it so far that you would commit murder?

Nope.
    It's not murder, it's god will.

You dare question God ?

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
      It's not murder, it's god will.

You dare question God ?
      I question everything.

If I didn't, then I might be a member of some bronze-age cult, out murdering people.

Failing to question what you have been taught is moral cowardice.

Comment

I question everything.

If I didn't, then I might be a member of some bronze-age cult, out murdering people.

Failing to question what you have been taught is moral cowardice.
        Do you question if the earth is round ?

Comment

Do you question if the earth is round ?
          Yep. That's how I found out that it isn't a perfect sphere, but is somewhat oblong due to various forces.

Comment

Yep. That's how I found out that it isn't a perfect sphere, but is somewhat oblong due to various forces.
            And you've seen this for yourself? From space ?

Or taken the measurements yourself ?

Or did sources you trust tell you that ?

Comment

And you've seen this for yourself? From space ?

Or taken the measurements yourself ?

Or did sources you trust tell you that ?
              I questioned it, and will happily question it again - and will probably learn even more.

Which was what I was talking about. Regardless of your logical fallacy, which is known as 'changing the goalposts'.

But let's pretend that the discussion was about 'how' the questioning happens, rather then whether it does.

I drew my current understanding from an enormous range of different sources, and considered dissenting ones. So no, it isn't taken on faith, and I am not one for simply taking people's words for it.

Nice attempt at applying the socratic method, BTW. However, to properly apply it, you need to have a better grasp of the fundamental premises of the discussion.

Comment

I questioned it, and will happily question it again - and will probably learn even more.

Which was what I was talking about. Regardless of your logical fallacy, which is known as 'changing the goalposts'.

But let's pretend that the discussion was about 'how' the questioning happens, rather then whether it does.

I drew my current understanding from an enormous range of different sources, and considered dissenting ones. So no, it isn't taken on faith, and I am not one for simply taking people's words for it.

Nice attempt at applying the socratic method, BTW. However, to properly apply it, you need to have a better grasp of the fundamental premises of the discussion.
                So you don't think anyone actually believes in god ?

Comment

So you don't think anyone actually believes in god ?
                  That's an absurd conclusion to take from what I have said.

I am saying that the persistent belief in any abrahamic religion is a sign of moral cowardice. Culpability increases as the believer gets older.

People don't hold irrational beliefs without motivated cognition. Discarding their irrational beliefs, and embracing rational ones, is simply too terrifying for them.

So much so, that the worst of those cowards will kill or even commit suicide rather than face their worst fears.

Comment

That's an absurd conclusion to take from what I have said.

I am saying that the persistent belief in any abrahamic religion is a sign of moral cowardice. Culpability increases as the believer gets older.

People don't hold irrational beliefs without motivated cognition. Discarding their irrational beliefs, and embracing rational ones, is simply too terrifying for them.

So much so, that the worst of those cowards will kill or even commit suicide rather than face their worst fears.
                    You're looking at it from your point off view, but religious people don't see it as irrational at all.

They see it as fact, 100% fact !!

Just as much as you or I see it as fact that 2X2=4.

Comment

You're looking at it from your point off view, but religious people don't see it as irrational at all.

They see it as fact, 100% fact !!

Just as much as you or I see it as fact that 2X2=4.
                      They view them as fact because they lack the moral courage to question them.

Not all beliefs are equal, and not all beliefs are equally justifiable.

The depth of their belief is irrelevant to what I have said.

Comment

Working...
                      X