Collapse
No announcement yet.

*** The Official 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread ***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh... yea they beat them in the finals that year too.......

Oops... Keep trying boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
      Might just be me but I think Curry got robbed of the finals MVP.

I was sure it was his time this year.
      has he won finals MVP yet? Even big Igou got the accolad.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        has he won finals MVP yet? Even big Igou got the accolad.
        Iggy shut down Lebron in '15 and earned it.

Durant deserved it last year. Completely owned Lebron.

This year I'd say Curry deserved it. But it only went 4 games so it's a little adjusted.

Comment

• It's sickening to watch the sporting world act like it's okay to jump from team to team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
            It's sickening to watch the sporting world act like it's okay to jump from team to team.
            Just for the record, these guys started doing that in part because of ignorant fans like you.

Comment

• This dude nailed it:

Game 1 of the NBA Finals. Cavs were underdogs in the series but as the earlier rounds of the playoffs showed, GSW was not immortal. They dropped a game to the decimated Spurs and got taken to the brink by Houston the series before. A win over this GSW team would have cemented LeBron into the top 5 and made the LeBron Jordan conversations realistic. This was his moment. Golden State looked very beatable in game 1 and LeBron was within one possession of making it happen. If the Cavs came out and punched GSW in the mouth and took game 1 and their HCA, the entire series changes. Cavs have all the momentum and are in the drivers seat to make history. But what happened instead?

LeBron quit. He had an amazing game and had the game within his reach, he could have put them away with one bucket. LeBron got the switch he wanted and had a huge mismatch against the much smaller Steph Curry. All he had to do was raise up over him and drain a routine mid range shot and it’s all over. It’s like someone running a marathon and quitting at the last 100 yard stretch. LeBron didn’t finish. We don’t care if George Hill has a better shot, he’s not that guy, LeBron is one of the greatest players of All Time, he’s supposed to be that guy. He shyed away from the moment, he gave up. After putting a way lesser player and less experienced player in that moment instead of taking over like a true leader, he literally threw a temper tantrum on the bench and sucked all the air out of his team. A true leader doesn’t do that. A true leader keeps calm under the toughest storms and leads his men through to the other side. He could have been a man and took his team into the huddle and let them know that even though they faltered, it’s not over till it’s over and they still have this game. LeBron could have came out firing, playing physical as ever and willing his way to the basket. What does he do instead? He doesn’t even play with any aggression or urgency and lets the game slip away at the most crucial moment. He sunk his team with poor attitude, poor body language, and a lack of will to win when they needed him most.

That is why these Jordan comparisons are so absurd. For one Jordan would have just shoved Steph Curry to the side and buried the routine jumper and that would be that. For two even if the JR incident happened he wouldn’t have cried like a child and laid down. LeBron is a generational talent but he lacks the leadership needed from a player of his stature and is flat out afraid of the biggest moments. It’s such a shame because when we look at LeBron all we see is wasted potential. That is why people are so critical of LeBron, he had everything to be the GOAT and he squandered it. He is an underachiever. He’s uninspiring. He’s a loser.

Comment

• Rumor is Jeanie's cryptic tweet was a verbal agreement from Lebron and PG13 going to LA. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sicario* View Post
                  Rumor is Jeanie's cryptic tweet was a verbal agreement from Lebron and PG13 going to LA. Should be interesting to see what happens.
                  Please, please, please for the love of god let it happen. Allow my Lakers to rise to the top again! I promise to go to church at least once a year, only drink during the week after 3 PM and start washing my hands after I take a ****! PLEASE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    Please, please, please for the love of god let it happen. Allow my Lakers to rise to the top again! I promise to go to church at least once a year, only drink during the week after 3 PM and start washing my hands after I take a ****! PLEASE!!!
                    Not sure how I feel about it tbh if it's true. Pg13 makes sense but not LeBron. There is a redundancy of forwards we'll have. I see Brandon Ingram getting traded which is something I don't wanna see unless it's for Anthony Davis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sicario* View Post
                      Not sure how I feel about it tbh if it's true. Pg13 makes sense but not LeBron. There is a redundancy of forwards we'll have. I see Brandon Ingram getting traded which is something I don't wanna see unless it's for Anthony Davis.
                      No, no, no do not trade Ingram. The NBA is so position-less nowadays it hardly matters, in fact I'd say it's even better having all those long, versatility guys that can defend multiple positions and switch on screens without having to worry about mismatches. George can easily play the 2, the offense can run through LeBron and he can guard down to the 4 if need be. Kuzma gets to come off the bench and still play 25-30 minutes in multiple spots. All we would need at that point is an athletic big that can play the 5. Don't worry, they would find a way to make it work, LeBron can transition seamlessly with a ton of guys. We need all the talent we can get.

Comment

Working...
                      X