No announcement yet.

*** The Official 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread ***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
    I felt that Curry deserved it, too, but it might be for the best that Durant gets it; Durant came to GS for success, and those accolades are giving him what he wants. It helps keep the team together. Plus, Curry will likely just push himself even further, which will only make him better. I don't think their egos are too big of an issue, and that's a good thing.
    There's never been accolades as hollow and unsatisfying (to me) as Durant's.

Theres about ten other SF in the NBA who could take his spot and GS would still be back to back champions today.

Durant can win 6 rings with GS and no one will consider him on the same level as MJ or even Lebron.

As a basketball lifer its kinda sad to see.
    Last edited by AllBoxingAD; 06-11-2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      I see you are repping your ancestor.
      LOL, yeah! I know there are a few people here just hoping that "SunSpace DNA" thread goes away before other people think to look more into their own pasts, so this is my way of trolling them indirectly. I want them to know just how connected the world is.

It still feels weird to know it's a real thing, though, and not just a joke. I'm Irish royalty? I mean, how crazy does that sound? That alone shows how weird this world is. I'll tell you this much; I'm a regular guy, so all that royalty stuff is nonsense. They aren't any better than anybody else and don't deserve to be "kings".

I would know XD

Comment

LOL, yeah! I know there are a few people here just hoping that "SunSpace DNA" thread goes away before other people think to look more into their own pasts, so this is my way of trolling them indirectly. I want them to know just how connected the world is.

It still feels weird to know it's a real thing, though, and not just a joke. I'm Irish royalty? I mean, how crazy does that sound? That alone shows how weird this world is. I'll tell you this much; I'm a regular guy, so all that royalty stuff is nonsense. They aren't any better than anybody else and don't deserve to be "kings".

I would know XD
        Fully agree on that royalty nonsense.

Should ask Xoo to do his DNA test too.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          Fully agree on that royalty nonsense.

Should ask Xoo to do his DNA test too.
          Yeah, it'd be interesting to know just how "White" he actually is. Maybe he'll discover his African background and love all races from that point on!

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
            There's never been accolades as hollow and unsatisfying (to me) as Durant's.

Theres about ten other SF in the NBA who could take his spot and GS would still be back to back champions today.

Durant can win 6 rings with GS and no one will consider him on the same level as MJ or even Lebron.

As a basketball lifer its kinda sad to see.
            I do think there's room for improvement on Durant's part, but he still has time to develop. I think, as Lebron ages and Durant gains more experience, he will definitely rival Lebron's status as the best in the league. I'm hoping Curry does, too!

Comment

I do think there's room for improvement on Durant's part, but he still has time to develop. I think, as Lebron ages and Durant gains more experience, he will definitely rival Lebron's status as the best in the league. I'm hoping Curry does, too!
              No, thats the problem, its not a matter of skill. Durant is plenty good enough already to challenge Lebron as the best player in the league.

Guys like Lebron, MJ, Bird... they live in a different world, and that world comes with great pressure, great reward and great failure too. They cant chill. They cant play bad. They cant fail. If they play bad, their team loses, every time. In the playoffs, if they play just ok, their team loses, every time. They arent like anyone else.

Durant can chill. Durant can fail. Durant can play just ok. Durant will still win no matter what. Cause Curry, Klay and Draymond CAN and HAVE done it without him. But thats the world that he chose.

Comment

No, thats the problem, its not a matter of skill. Durant is plenty good enough already to challenge Lebron as the best player in the league.

Guys like Lebron, MJ, Bird... they live in a different world, and that world comes with great pressure, great reward and great failure too. They cant chill. They cant play bad. They cant fail. If they play bad, their team loses, every time. In the playoffs, if they play just ok, their team loses, every time. They arent like anyone else.

Durant can chill. Durant can fail. Durant can play just ok. Durant will still win no matter what. Cause Curry, Klay and Draymond CAN and HAVE done it without him. But thats the world that he chose.
                He does seem to be lacking a chip on his shoulder like what Westbrook has, but time will tell how it plays out; I'm hoping he improves, without getting too much of an ego.

Comment

I think Durant is weak but not as weak as Lebron. I'd still pick him over Lebron to start on my team any day. But to me, they're both the same type of guy generally speaking. Both need help to win it all.

Curry got robbed of finals MVP.

Comment

He does seem to be lacking a chip on his shoulder like what Westbrook has, but time will tell how it plays out; I'm hoping he improves, without getting too much of an ego.
                    The burden of carrying a franchise is real.

Thats something that goes beyond basketball skills.

Hearing Durant say he went to GS so he wouldnt have to lead because Draymond and Curry already do that part... I mean what do you want me to say to that?

People can say what they want about Lebron, but has there ever been a player who's played under more pressure then him, for as long as he has?

Comment

The burden of carrying a franchise is real.

Thats something that goes beyond basketball skills.

Hearing Durant say he went to GS so he wouldnt have to lead because Draymond and Curry already do that part... I mean what do you want me to say to that?

People can say what they want about Lebron, but has there ever been a player who's played under more pressure then him, for as long as he has?
                      Of course, lol; any players trying to grind their way to a championship without a super team! That's no dig on Lebron's real skills, though. He's talented, and there's no denying that.

Comment

Working...
                      X