No announcement yet.

*** The Official 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread ***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
    Again, that doesn't make you the greatest in a team sport, it's not a jack of all trades contest, and that's why many who understand the sport don't even try to be that even if they could. A team with Dennis Rodman doesn't need you to get 15 rebounds, a team with Steve Nash or John Stockton doesn't need you to get 15 assists or to drive the ball. Jordan was needed to get a stop, get a steal, deflate the other team with a run, make his free throws, score the game winning shots, score 30 a game and he made all of that enough to win it all throughout his prime. Lebron literally builds his teams so he can do everything, because he needs to control the ball to be successful, he's never proven to be able to do anything offensively without the ball like a Kevin Durant can which is why Durant is easy to accomodate in any team even if they already have primary ball handlers and shooters.

LOL, Kobe never stat padded, he was in the ****ing triangle ffs...he was a scorer, his role was to shoot a lot, that's not stat padding, that's literally doing what your role is.

And again with the averages you just prove that Lebron's longevity is what makes him stand out, because Kobe needed 2 years to build himself up to an NBA standard and then his body gave out on him at the end. NBA has **** PED testing, so "medical" advancement plays a role in that. You see that throughout every sport nowadays...everyone is superman even after testosterone levels should go down.
    I was a casual and since boxing has become stale I've become a hardcore NBA fan as of recently. Even I have a good eye in seeing that LeBron builds the team so that he can do it all, it came out not too long ago that Ty Lue wanted Kyrie Irving to run the point.

Kyrie pretty much told Ty to go fuck himself, not because he refused to run point but because he wanted to run the point from the getgo and wasn't allowed to. Even Jr Smith, although a laughingstock at the moment, came out and said he was tired of standing in the corner. Why does a guy like Kevin Love who's a killer in the low post have to stand in corners?

Maybe it's me but the way I look at LeBron now, he's very overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
      Wait a minute, you actually think that because he played in the triangle and his role is to score, that every shot he took was a good shot???

No one's taken more bad shots then Kobe in the history of basketball.

Thats why Kobe leads the league in most missed field goals in history.

Year in and year out, guys who's role on the team is to score the bakset, scored more points then Kobe and did it on way fewer shots then Kobe.

Phil Jackson actually wrote a book about how hard it was to get through to Kobe what a good shot was and what a bad shot was.

Jacking up bad shots at a record pace is the very definition of stat padding.
      Taking bad shots is the very defnition of being a selfish arrogant *******, not a stat padder. Thats why he won when he had a good rebounder with unselfishness like Gasol. Know your role. Kobe knew his, I'm not gonna deny that he was too arrogant for his own good. But he was still the most valuable player for years. He would've been finals MVP above Shaq some years if American sports weren't stupid with their conferences...all the East big men sucked. Look at the way Kobe played in the west in the lead up to their three peat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        I was a casual and since boxing has become stale I've become a hardcore NBA fan as of recently. Even I have a good eye in seeing that LeBron builds the team so that he can do it all, it came out not too long ago that Ty Lue wanted Kyrie Irving to run the point.

Kyrie pretty much told Ty to go fuck himself, not because he refused to run point but because he wanted to run the point from the getgo and wasn't allowed to. Even Jr Smith, although a laughingstock at the moment, came out and said he was tired of standing in the corner. Why does a guy like Kevin Love who's a killer in the low post have to stand in corners?

Maybe it's me but the way I look at LeBron now, he's very overrated.
        Its not that Lebron builds a team so he can do it all.

Its that when you have a singular talent like Lebron you build a team to play to his strenghts.

The same way the Rockets build their team around Harden's strenghts.

The offensive system they run are very similar by the way.

Thats a different conversation then why Love is not in the post as much as he used to. Analytics apparently show that dumping the ball down to the low post has a very low points per play percentage.

Even so, they do try to post up Love when they have favorable switches.

Comment

• Still can’t believe jr did that goofy shlt lol. And can never doubt leGod. Nobody expected them to have a chance that game

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
            Taking bad shots is the very defnition of being a selfish arrogant *******, not a stat padder. Thats why he won when he had a good rebounder with unselfishness like Gasol. Know your role. Kobe knew his, I'm not gonna deny that he was too arrogant for his own good. But he was still the most valuable player for years. He would've been finals MVP above Shaq some years if American sports weren't stupid with their conferences...all the East big men sucked. Look at the way Kobe played in the west in the lead up to their three peat.
            I think we've both watched Kobe for his entire career. Just 2 things I want to address here.

1. I believe that at numerous times in his career he was putting his own personal stats and 'legacy' above the team goals.

2. In their time together Kobe has NEVER been more valuable then Shaq in the big picture. Shaq made sure everyone on the team ate, cause he was getting doubled and tripled so all his guys had open looks. That is and always will be more valuable to a TEAM then a deadly one on one scorer. For 7 years all Kobe had to worry about was getting them in their set and beating his man one on one.

Comment

• I love how JR Smith is the scapegoat for LeChoke...

Keep up the excuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                Still can’t believe jr did that goofy shlt lol. And can never doubt leGod. Nobody expected them to have a chance that game
                Lmao you fa*got fan boys need to get all the life preservers you can. Just get them all.

Jordan or Kobe would have won that game buddy... I’m sorry. Champions win...

You DONT FLOP on a block trying to get a turnover. You be a man and play defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                  Lmao you fa*got fan boys need to get all the life preservers you can. Just get them all.

Jordan or Kobe would have won that game buddy... I’m sorry. Champions win...

You DONT FLOP on a block trying to get a turnover. You be a man and play defense.
                  Will you shut the fuk up already. Stop comparing kobe to mj and lebron. He’s clearly not on their level. I’ve already schooled you 10 times over but you keep coming back for some reason.

Nobody cares about your shllty opinions

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                    Will you shut the fuk up already. Stop comparing kobe to mj and lebron. He’s clearly not on their level. I’ve already schooled you 10 times over but you keep coming back for some reason.

Nobody cares about your shllty opinions
                    3-6 in the finals after this year.

3.... and 6.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                      3-6 in the finals after this year.

3.... and 6.....
                      I already told you I’m done talking nba with you. You can never admit you’re wrong when I give you facts just stop quoting me. You’re a more annoying pinoy than butler

Comment

Working...
                      X