No announcement yet.

*** The Official 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread ***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
    This is one of the dumbest arguments against lebron I’ve ever seen.

Would it be better if he won 3 titles but lost in the finals twice?

Being eliminated in the first and second round instead?
    How ironic, excusing Finals losses is literally the dumbest argument I've ever heard in sports. Who the hell cares about getting to the Finals if you lose? The objective is to actually WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. Jerry West has 9 Finals appearances just like LeBron, he isn't mentioned among the GOATS largely because he went 1-8. Elgin Baylor went 0-8. LeBron should not get special treatment just for making the Finals. Winning Finals matters any idiot should be able to comprehend that.

Comment

• Originally posted by $tate of Mind View Post
      How ironic, excusing Finals losses is literally the dumbest argument I've ever heard in sports. Who the hell cares about getting to the Finals if you lose? The objective is to actually WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. Jerry West has 9 Finals appearances just like LeBron, he isn't mentioned among the GOATS largely because he went 1-8. Elgin Baylor went 0-8. LeBron should not get special treatment just for making the Finals. Winning Finals matters any idiot should be able to comprehend that.
      You missed the point completely lol. He's not saying that winning finals isn't important. He's saying that losing in the finals isn't a negative to be held over your head. Otherwise missing the playoffs dents your legacy less than making the finals and losing. How hard is that to understand lol.
      Last edited by Dustin1997Hawk; 05-28-2018, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustin1997Hawk View Post
        You missed the point completely lol. He's not saying that winning finals isn't important. He's saying that losing in the finals isn't a negative to be held over your head. Otherwise missing the playoffs dents your legacy less than making the finals and losing. How hard is that to understand lol.
        Yes it is, you sound ******ed. If a player is considered the GOAT Finals record matters. Since when do you get credit for losing? How can you be considered the GOAT with more 2nd place finishes than 1st place finishes? People are comparing him to guys with more championships and less Finals losses. Where do you rank Jerry West who had 9 Finals appearances just like LeBron? Since losing in the Finals isn't a negative shouldn't West be discussed among the GOATS? LeBron apologists have a special set of rules where only he doesn't get criticism for losing on basketball's biggest stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by $tate of Mind View Post
          Yes it is, you sound ******ed. If a player is considered the GOAT Finals record matters. Since when do you get credit for losing? How can you be considered the GOAT with more 2nd place finishes than 1st place finishes? People are comparing him to guys with more championships and less Finals losses. Where do you rank Jerry West who had 9 Finals appearances just like LeBron? Since losing in the Finals isn't a negative shouldn't West be discussed among the GOATS? LeBron apologists have a special set of rules where only he doesn't get criticism for losing on basketball's biggest stage.
          So it's better to finish 17th place than it is to finish 2nd place? So much logic.

Comment

• Cousins is 0/0 in the NBA Finals. Hell He is 0/0 in the playoffs. He is better than LeBron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Lebron with an ATG game.

Anybody that doesn’t think he is top 2 or 3 is crazy.

Some posters think james harden is an ATG, but an ATG isn’t just a hall of gamer, it’s the elites of the hall of gamers. Harden gets his chance game 7 to show if he a hall of gamer, or he an ATG. Lebron has showed time and again his greatness. Harden now has his chance
              If Harden takes the rockets to wins over Golden State and then the Cavs it would go a long way to cementing his legacy. I don't think he's close to being an ATG currently but if he pulls off the above I might have to change my tune.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustin1997Hawk View Post
                So it's better to finish 17th place than it is to finish 2nd place? So much logic.
                The guy is stupid. And never play sports in his entire lifetime. I hope LeBron finishes his NBA Career with 7 wins, and 5 losses.

So that Prick can shut the hell up.

Comment

• I dunno, I think the NBA wants that feel good story, of The Rockets defeating the mighty Warriors, for the school tragedy. LeBron's already in, to draw the ratings...let's see how the refs are acting on touch fouls, for the Warriors starters, and 50-50 calls .

Comment

• Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                    Cavaliers are gonna shock the world just like in 2016.
                    They got a chance against Houston, they'll get 40 against the Warriors.

Comment

• I hope Warriors win tonight. I don't trust the Rockets to get it done against LeBron.

Comment

Working...
                      X