No announcement yet.

Official Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...cid=spartanntp

Bitcoin and virtually all of its major rivals saw their prices plunge Friday, as the cryptocurrency bubble appears to be bursting.
    Bitcoin prices sank from around $16,000 on Thursday to below $10,900 early Friday morning, before recovering somewhat to $12,000. Since peaking near $20,000 at the start of the week, the world’s largest cryptocurrency has lost around 40% of its value.

Comment

• Originally posted by b morph View Post
      If it keeps on going down, I'm just going to buy more.

Buy low, sell high.

Just hope it goes back up again.

I heard of some newer ones next year that are supposed to take over. Ones that are can't be mined and there are a limited number of them, 9 billion or so. That way, over time, the value is supposed to hold. Right now the price is cheap because it's brand new.
      Which ones are you referring to?
      Coinbase doesn't support anything except ethereum, litecoin and bitcoin segwit & cash yet.. I hope they would..

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
        Which ones are you referring to?
        Coinbase doesn't support anything except ethereum, litecoin and bitcoin segwit & cash yet.. I hope they would..
        Well, from what I've read, all of the cryptocurrencies have been in a nosedive for the past 2 or 3 days now.

Comment

Well, from what I've read, all of the cryptocurrencies have been in a nosedive for the past 2 or 3 days now.
          No just a fair few. Mainly the big hitters but if you have alt coins in things like ripple then you are making some GOOD money.

It's gone back up the past 6 hours or so.

Coinbase seems to **** up every time theres something big that happens on the market. They can't seem to keep up with the demand. Made an account on Binance now, going to start researching on how to use it properly and use that after I know. Coinbase is easy but extremely unstable recently.

Comment

No I meant what are the other crypto currencies that are not on a big mining spree yet? Apart from the ones coinbase supports of course..

Comment

• Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
              How is no one talking about the nose dive btc just took
              thats why you supposed to get your money and get out. soon as it hit 18K that was plenty for me, I wasnt trying to get rich off btc (although I did verywell) I just saw it as an oppurtunity and when it hit 18K I was like thats good enough for me, Im not really to risk what I have now so I got out. Who knows they might be right to hold on, next year or the year after it might be 40-60 thousand but like I said it wasnt worth it to me so I got out.

Comment

• This is such a rigged market.

Coinbase halted trading to stop the crash..

If that isn’t corruption then I don’t know what is

Comment

No I meant what are the other crypto currencies that are not on a big mining spree yet? Apart from the ones coinbase supports of course..
                  Infinity exchange I think is the name. The abbreviation is XIN.

Comment

Infinity exchange I think is the name. The abbreviation is XIN.
                    So far from what I read about XIN I have mixed reviews from people.. some say it's a scam currency and have issues during transfers and selling..
                    SOme say they have invested in it and are fine..

What's your take on it? Where do you buy it from?

Comment

So far from what I read about XIN I have mixed reviews from people.. some say it's a scam currency and have issues during transfers and selling..
                      SOme say they have invested in it and are fine..

What's your take on it? Where do you buy it from?
                      Oh I haven't bought any yet. I only learned about it yesterday. I briefly looked it up after seeing a post by someone on Facebook saying that it's the future of cryptocurrencies.

And that person who stated that on Facebook has a background in entrepreneurship. Not only that, but he was posting about bitcoin back when it was only $1,500, so I'm inclined to believe him when he says XIN is going to take off.

Comment

Working...
                      X