Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some ways to improve your social skills?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, going to the gym and lifting weights helped a lot both mentally as well as physically. It helped with my confidence when interacting with people.

Comment

Unable to answer your questions, without furter intel.

Are you alone?

Are you rich?

Is you ****ed?

Comment

read how to win friends and influence people.. and stop posting here

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
          I struggle to socialize with certain people. How can I improve my social skills so that I can connect with these people?
          I have your answer! Trust me, I wrote a book on social psychology and dating and the formula for ALL relationships, where business and personal connections are at the highest level is through a simple principle that that I learned from my readings before I wrote my book. I cant tell you the name of my book because I don't plug it here. The keys to social success are simple BUT you have to ingrain them through practice but also you need to feel it in your heart. So here goes. The people in society who are considered special, admired, sought after, interesting, you name it - are those who are GENUINELY interested in others. Dale Carnegie wrote a book called "How to Win Friends and Influence People". This goes for women being attracted to you and business partners trusting in you. In his book he says you could spend forever trying to get people interested in you and that is where it will fail. It takes a few minutes for them to find you interesting by you simply being interested in them. Be interested without probing. This is the number one FUKING skill on the planet with relationships!!! People NEED people who are truly interested in them. Ask, listen, and paraphrase! Example. Ask what movies they like. She may say romantic comedies. You ask what her favorites are. When she answers, repeat her answer in a way that shows you are truly listening. Being genuinely interested and using ACTIVE listening skills combine to make the most impact.

1. Ask questions that show you are interested in them! DO NOT TALK SPORTS! Ask questions that are open ended such what food they like, what their favorite movies are, exotic places to visit, books they enjoyed the most, art, dance, theater, and lastly sports. ASK questions and dont talk about yourself too much.

2. Mirror their energy level. If they are high energy, match it, lower energy match it. People (women) are most comfortable with people who operate at the same pace as them.

3. Isopraxism. Big word, easy to understand. Body language! When you sit at the same angle, stand at the same angle, hold your hands the same way, when your posture matches theirs, a subconscious bond can take place.

4. Eye contact. Maintain eye contact because it shows confidence.

5. Humor. Women are hugely attracted by a guy with a sense of humor. People are magnetized to those who are funny or can be funny, especially if natural, or can tell a decent joke or one-liner.

6. Compliment! Dont go overboard but find something that you think is neat....their earings, necklace, dress, scarf, eyes, voice, make it real but dont go overboard or it will backfire!

7. Sensitive and strong. There is no greater dynamic in a personal trait than being both. Guys who are too sensitive get disrespected. Guys who are macho warriors may have a certain sex appeal but insensitive guys fall out of favor with women fast! The perfect balance of sensitive and strong will make you magnetic. You can be kind and aloof at the same time, if you are confident. Find the balance.

8. Touch. They say a touch can cut down the time to a bond faster than ten thousand words. But be appropriate. A touch on the arm or shoulder or back at the right time can make an impact.

9. Gifts. First, do not give expensive gifts or a lot of them to someone you are dating! Skip the flowers for a long time! Pick something that reflects information you received in a conversation. I mentioned I love Indian food. As a gift, I received some Indian spices and an Indian cookbook once. That is a thoughtful gift! It shows you have LISTENED and remembered what someone said!

There is a lot more but this is it in a nutshell! Everything you need right here! If you do these things above, you will succeed massively with women (and in business)!
          Last edited by richardt; 05-24-2017, 11:17 AM.

Comment

I had an issue going to college for a while. I kept interacting with people as if they were my childhood friends and guys I've known for a while. Only to realize no one is going to get the inside jokes and I'm not going to ever have that same connection with the new guys I meet.

I think it's natural to become a bit more anti social as you age. Maintaining people you can talk to and vent is important throughout your life I believe.

Comment

As far as women go...I find it difficult sometimes to interact with women when I'm in a professional role or a setting where I need to get work done. It's as if I'm naturally a business before pleasure guy.

I'm not the most friendly guy with my female co workers--I fear they would get in the way of my success if I develop a friendship or something sexual. I've seen SEVERAL guys make this mistake and it ruined their career.

Honestly, women are the most superficial creatures ever, it's part of their evolutionary role. I'm decent looking(very handsome) and I can literally say anything to some girls and they will laugh(i;m like that was such a bad joke, wtf>). If you are not good looking, you willl have to make up for it with being witty and funny..OR RIch

When I was younger I always tried to adjust my personality for girls...BAD MOVE. They're not hard to talk to.

Comment

If it's women then be polite and take an interest in what they say, give compliments but don't be a douche. Look at them, listen to then, enjoy their company.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Smile at everyone you see. Man, woman, big, small, cute, ugly, white, black. You'll learn most people are friendly and approachable.
                  This........

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    I have your answer! Trust me, I wrote a book on social psychology and dating and the formula for ALL relationships, where business and personal connections are at the highest level is through a simple principle that that I learned from my readings before I wrote my book. I cant tell you the name of my book because I don't plug it here. The keys to social success are simple BUT you have to ingrain them through practice but also you need to feel it in your heart. So here goes. The people in society who are considered special, admired, sought after, interesting, you name it - are those who are GENUINELY interested in others. Dale Carnegie wrote a book called "How to Win Friends and Influence People". This goes for women being attracted to you and business partners trusting in you. In his book he says you could spend forever trying to get people interested in you and that is where it will fail. It takes a few minutes for them to find you interesting by you simply being interested in them. Be interested without probing. This is the number one FUKING skill on the planet with relationships!!! People NEED people who are truly interested in them. Ask, listen, and paraphrase! Example. Ask what movies they like. She may say romantic comedies. You ask what her favorites are. When she answers, repeat her answer in a way that shows you are truly listening. Being genuinely interested and using ACTIVE listening skills combine to make the most impact.

1. Ask questions that show you are interested in them! DO NOT TALK SPORTS! Ask questions that are open ended such what food they like, what their favorite movies are, exotic places to visit, books they enjoyed the most, art, dance, theater, and lastly sports. ASK questions and dont talk about yourself too much.

2. Mirror their energy level. If they are high energy, match it, lower energy match it. People (women) are most comfortable with people who operate at the same pace as them.

3. Isopraxism. Big word, easy to understand. Body language! When you sit at the same angle, stand at the same angle, hold your hands the same way, when your posture matches theirs, a subconscious bond can take place.

5. Humor. Women are hugely attracted by a guy with a sense of humor. People are magnetized to those who are funny or can be funny, especially if natural, or can tell a decent joke or one-liner.

6. Compliment! Dont go overboard but find something that you think is neat....their earings, necklace, dress, scarf, eyes, voice, make it real but dont go overboard or it will backfire!

7. Sensitive and strong. There is no greater dynamic in a personal trait than being both. Guys who are too sensitive get disrespected. Guys who are macho warriors may have a certain sex appeal but insensitive guys fall out of favor with women fast! The perfect balance of sensitive and strong will make you magnetic. You can be kind and aloof at the same time, if you are confident. Find the balance.

8. Touch. They say a touch can cut down the time to a bond faster than ten thousand words. But be appropriate. A touch on the arm or shoulder or back at the right time can make an impact.

9. Gifts. First, do not give expensive gifts or a lot of them to someone you are dating! Skip the flowers for a long time! Pick something that reflects information you received in a conversation. I mentioned I love Indian food. As a gift, I received some Indian spices and an Indian cookbook once. That is a thoughtful gift! It shows you have LISTENED and remembered what someone said!

There is a lot more but this is it in a nutshell! Everything you need right here! If you do these things above, you will succeed massively with women (and in business)!
                    This is actually good advice. Am I on the right forum?

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post

Give punchr a free copy of your book he needs it

Comment

Working...
                      X