No announcement yet.

Do you believe in the big bang theory?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    But you see that's the thing, the universe was once a singularity similar to how we are when we are born. If we trace ourselves back we'd go back to a "point" too. But here's the catch, we know how we came to be. We also kept expanding but not infinitely, we do stop.

How was there just a period of energy made from nothing. I think there has to be more to it, like what made the singularity? Does the universe eventually deflate into a period, to repeat this process again?

My beef is more with a singularity rather than the theory that universe is inflating and came from a smaller size. I just don't think it was a singularity.
    That's an excellent question. I think it's worth clarifying that the BBT is not a theory of the creation of the universe. It does not attempt to explain where the universe came from or why it came to be. (And there is basically no real explanation science can offer just yet for that) It's more a model of the universe's history. It assumes the existence of the universe and explains what happened to it.

Also, there wasn't nothing at the moment of the big bang, there was everything! All of the matter in the universe was in one location.

But yes, there is definitely more to it. What took place during the very initial stages of the universe is not completely understood. And basically nothing is known about what took place before the Big Bang, or about where the universe ends up. Some believe that the universe will reach a point in which it will 'crunch' back into a singularity, others believe that space will stop expanding, and there are other ideas out there.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      That's an excellent question. I think it's worth clarifying that the BBT is not a theory of the creation of the universe. It does not attempt to explain where the universe came from or why it came to be. (And there is basically no real explanation science can offer just yet for that) It's more a model of the universe's history. It assumes the existence of the universe and explains what happened to it.

Also, there wasn't nothing at the moment of the big bang, there was everything! All of the matter in the universe was in one location.

But yes, there is definitely more to it. What took place during the very initial stages of the universe is not completely understood. And basically nothing is known about what took place before the Big Bang, or about where the universe ends up. Some believe that the universe will reach a point in which it will 'crunch' back into a singularity, others believe that space will stop expanding, and there are other ideas out there.
      The best i've read is that the universe continues expanding infinitely, and pockets form and create other universes. Which I think then leads to multiverses. Who knows, maybe that's how our universe started, from another universe that had been expanding infinitely before us.

Well I don't really get the "pockets" of space thing, but from what I read that's how I understood it. I may be totally off the mark lol.

Comment

I believe nothing truly exists outside of our mind.

We all agreed to be born in this place to experience and grow as much as possible and when we die, we wake up from this collective dream.

We are all god, we are all the universe, we are merely experiencing ourself.

To answer your question, no to the big bang. I used to be Christian btw, some of you may recall my conversion years back LOL - needless to say, I'm no longer Christian.

Religion is cancer... sometimes its a non malignant tumor, but usually its terminal for all parties involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          Based on evidence.

We don't know how gravity works.

But we have a theory based on scientific evidence.
          The scientific evidence is contradicting itself... The "Big Bang" is an explosion of matter, yet this matter is expanding at an accelerating rate, impossible to have originated from an explosion,
          both can't be true... I'll explain..

(Firstly, it's hard for the Universe to start as one small compact object which in itself would defy the SCIENTIFIC laws of equilibrium... A outside source must be present to keep the object compact... But for argument's sake will let the laws of equilibrium slide for now...)

According to the Big Bang Theory, all matter started out as a small composite that exploded, expanding into what we call the universe...

The problem with this Theory is simple, the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate... Any matter that originates from an explosion will continuously move slower or at the most, stay the same speed in a zero friction expansion...

It order for the universe to have originated from an explosion the universe must be expanding at a even or decelerating rate, acceleration is impossible to have originated from an explosion...

In a explosion the matter expanding will be at it's fastest speed immediately following the explosion...

Therefore the Big Bang Theory is false... A outside force must be present to pull the matter closer to it, accelerating the rate of speed as the Universe draws closer to the source of the gravitational pull, like a magnet draws metal to itself... A outside gravitational field could be drawing the universe closer to it, like a Cosmic gravitational shell pulling the universe within it closer to the outside shell that contains the gravitational fields..

Or, some kind of cosmic vapor lock is pulling the universe apart in every direction...

In either case Something outside of the Universe must be present in order to draw the universe closer to it... The Big Bang Theory stipulates that there's nothing outside of the universe, so what is the reason for acceleration ???

Btw, God created the physical and spiritual universe... But this thread wants to talk science, ok...
          Last edited by MindGame; 04-25-2017, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
            The scientific evidence is contradicting itself... The "Big Bang" is an explosion of matter, yet this matter is expanding at an accelerating rate, impossible to have originated from an explosion,
            both can't be true... I'll explain..

(Firstly, it's hard for the Universe to start as one small compact object which in itself would defy the SCIENTIFIC laws of equilibrium... A outside source must be present to keep the object compact... But for argument's sake will let the laws of equilibrium slide for now...)

According to the Big Bang Theory, all matter started out as a small composite that exploded, expanding into what we call the universe...

The problem with this Theory is simple, the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate... Any matter that originates from an explosion will continuously move slower or at the most, stay the same speed in a zero friction expansion...

It order for the universe to have originated from an explosion the universe must be expanding at a even or decelerating rate, acceleration is impossible to have originated from an explosion...

In a explosion the matter expanding will be at it's fastest speed immediately following the explosion...

Therefore the Big Bang Theory is false... A outside force must be present to pull the matter closer to it, accelerating the rate of speed as the Universe draws closer to the source of the gravitational pull, like a magnet draws metal to itself... A outside gravitational field could be drawing the universe closer to it, like a Cosmic gravitational shell pulling the universe within it closer to the outside shell that contains the gravitational fields..

Or, some kind of cosmic vapor lock is pulling the universe apart in every direction...

In either case Something outside of the Universe must be present in order to draw the universe closer to it... The Big Bang Theory stipulates that there's nothing outside of the universe, so what is the reason for acceleration ???

Btw, God created the physical and spiritual universe... But this thread wants to talk science, ok...
            Who is your god?

Comment

Nope. Always had a hard time believing it.

Comment

Originally posted by rizkybizness View Post
                Who is your god?
                The Lord of Hosts, The Great "I AM", the Alpha and the Omega... Jesus Christ...

I know Kev I wanted this to be scientific and not religious, but I'm answering a direct question...
                Last edited by MindGame; 04-25-2017, 10:13 PM.

Comment

The Lord of Hosts, The Great "I AM", the Alpha and the Omega... Jesus Christ...
                  Cool

You go to Church, Bible Studies, etc. or you worship in your own way?

Comment

Originally posted by rizkybizness View Post
                    Cool

You go to Church, Bible Studies, etc. or you worship in your own way?
                    I think Church is important, but studying the Bible on your own and developing a personal relationship with God yourself is vital... The Spirit will lead you..

Comment

I think Church is important, but studying the Bible on your own and developing a personal relationship with God yourself is vital... The Spirit will lead you..
                      Word .

Comment

Working...
                      X