No announcement yet.

US Navy fires 50 tomahawk missiles at Shayrat airfield in Syria

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Again remember what Trump said; that the syrians should decide for themselves. That might have been what Assad thought of as a carte blanche. That's why they didn't use it in Aleppo.
    OR

Al nusra front had a stockpile of chemical weapons and it got blown up when syria bombed them?

You know the al nusra front who captured a chemical weapons plant near Aleppo in 2012

You know the al nusra front that Turkish troops arrested carrying sarin gas near the border

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      OR

Al nusra front had a stockpile of chemical weapons and it got blown up when syria bombed them?

You know the al nusra front who captured a chemical weapons plant near Aleppo in 2012

You know the al nusra front that Turkish troops arrested carrying sarin gas near the border
      I didn't know that.

Are there any sources that imply that al-nusra has WMD's?

Comment

Again remember what Trump said; that the syrians should decide for themselves. That might have been what Assad thought of as a carte blanche. That's why they didn't use it in Aleppo.
        Still no way he would be that dumb. Regardless of what Trump thinks of the situation, the world media outlets are more than ready to cover a story like this, which Assad knows would be a massive human rights abuse. He is about to win the war and has nothing to win and everything to lose by doing something this stupid.

Comment

I didn't know that.

Are there any sources that imply that al-nusra has WMD's?
          A lot of groups in that area have it

Stolen syrian stuff and Iraqi stuff

You know the Iraqi wMD that so popularly didn't exist?

Yeah that stuff been floating around.

I read a report that 1,000 us troops are sick from those iraqi wmds that didn't exist.

Cia bought 400 iraqi chemical rockets that was floating around

Brigade of islam in Syria gassed the Syrian kurds. Even admitted it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            A lot of groups in that area have it

Stolen syrian stuff and Iraqi stuff

You know the Iraqi wMD that so popularly didn't exist?

Yeah that stuff been floating around.

I read a report that 1,000 us troops are sick from those iraqi wmds that didn't exist.

Cia bought 400 iraqi chemical rockets that was floating around

Brigade of islam in Syria gassed the Syrian kurds. Even admitted it.
            Wow. Very interesting (and disturbing). Do you have any links that I can read?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dixie Normis View Post
              Still no way he would be that dumb. Regardless of what Trump thinks of the situation, the world media outlets are more than ready to cover a story like this, which Assad knows would be a massive human rights abuse. He is about to win the war and has nothing to win and everything to lose by doing something this stupid.
              It's not like he cares about western media at all.

Yeah it looks as if he is winning, but nobody knows if his forces are under strain thereby motivating Assad to give a quick helping hand with gas.

Comment

Yeah it looks as if he is winning, but nobody knows if his forces are under strain thereby motivating Assad to give a quick helping hand with gas.
                Risk everything you have and all of your leverage to use the one thing that could reverse the US's opinion on their Syrian policy? And for what, to take out 80 people? They basically had the rebels on their heels and if they were strained, it would be an easy mssion for their Russian counterparts, there's just no need for them.

Comment

Wow. Very interesting (and disturbing). Do you have any links that I can read?
                  http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...r16-story.html

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.re...94T0YO20130530

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/02/1...l-weapons.html

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/0...nowledges.html

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/7...-against-Kurds

Some links I Googled for you.

Comment

He cares about western media

Syria has ministers and pr guys talk to western media all the time.

But they don't report it or don't go into detail about it when they do.

Assad is not a good guy. But not everything bad is done by him.

All these chemical attacks, I think maybe ghouta was the only one possibly done by syrian govt forces. The casualties were large.

All these other small attacks with low casualties? Seems like low quality (old) chemicals were used and/or low tech delivery system.

Comment

• I don't know too much about warfare tactics. Apparently there were two chemical warfare agents found - both sarin and chlorine.

If this is true, does it make the story about hitting a cache seem more likely? I mean, you hit a cache and it was storing a couple of types of chemical agent = multiple types of agents found on the bodies etc.
                      Is it usual for multiple types of agent to be used in a deliberate attack?

Comment

Working...
                      X