It's Happening: Scientists Can Now Reverse DNA Ageing in Mice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    Bwahahahah! I just looked at his sig.

The fat slob needs to use both of his hands and two forks to eat cake. What a fat **** lmao.
    Nice pic of his *girlfrend*

Heres mah ladies

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
      Cmon!

You can do the same thing with organic Kale smoothies and gluten-free flaxseed enemas twice a day.
      Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      We are going to be one hundredeleventy years old still talking about GGG vs Canelo and which one is the A side for a potential fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Anything can be cured or reversed on mice.
        this. and it's good that the article points that out. scientists put out clickbait discoveries on mice regularly to lure investors. they will spend most of that money on what they're really researching.

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
          this. and it's good that the article points that out. scientists put out clickbait discoveries on mice regularly to lure investors. they will spend most of that money on what they're really researching.
          Only thing I have any real hope for is CRISPR gene editing. It's so big, not even the FDA is putting up any roadblocks for it. And if you know the FDA puts roadblocks on everything. They gave approval for testing on humans last year, so we should hear some results in the near future.

Want to end basically anything including world hunger and any diseases? Want your baby with blue eyes instead of brown? Want to delete a gene that is related to Cancer? skin condition? eye condition? hair loss? CRISPR genome editing is your answer. This thing is being backed by the big dicks of big pharma. Telling you, it's the future. China/Asia will probably beat US though, they launched their human trials before US did and they're really going hardcore on that.

Comment

Let's be real, if this technology did exist, the last thing those in power would want is for this information to get out.

because we all know the only ones who would be able to get their hands on it if it existed would be the financial elite, and the rest of us would be left to die.

If this were true, if there was a way to reverse aging and the poor were going to get left behind, they would revolt, it would be global civil war. Technology like this would rattle the entire world's foundations.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Only thing I have any real hope for is CRISPR gene editing. It's so big, not even the FDA is putting up any roadblocks for it. And if you know the FDA puts roadblocks on everything. They gave approval for testing on humans last year, so we should hear some results in the near future.

Want to end basically anything including world hunger and any diseases? Want your baby with blue eyes instead of brown? Want to delete a gene that is related to Cancer? skin condition? eye condition? hair loss? CRISPR genome editing is your answer. This thing is being backed by the big dicks of big pharma. Telling you, it's the future. China/Asia will probably beat US though, they launched their human trials before US did and they're really going hardcore on that.
                Hitler was born too soon I guess

Comment

How young would you want to be is the real question....if i reversed back to 25...then i stopped taking the gear...i would go back to 35...then have to get back on the gear...its like the 2017 version of my 1990's heroin habit.

Comment

I loved the movie In Time with Justin Timberlake.
                    The concept was so amazing.

Comment

This is so cool!

I read a sci-fi book a few years ago called The Postmortal. It's about how there is a cure for aging, so if get the cure at age 28 you'll forever be 28. Of course you can still die, you can get shot, OD, hit by a car or whatever.

But it brings up a lot of interesting questions you might not originally think about. Obviously the number one issue is the world's population. If we suddenly have people who can live 200 years old or much more, it's a massive ****ing problem. But the book goes well beyond just the problem with population but all types of stuff like countries creating "super soldiers" (elite soldiers who never age and serve for decades at a time), asks questions like “How can you be a success or have a legacy if your career—nay, your entire life—has no definitive story arc?” How about prison and "life sentences?" What does life mean if there is no longer aging? Do they have to serve 75 years? 150 years? Forever? That's a problem! What about 3rd world countries and extreme poverty? How is a life of hundreds of years in extreme poverty?

And then there are issues like can crazy women who are baby-crazy and illegally give the "aging cure" to an infant, who will then forever be stuck at 2.5 years old, crazy stuff like that.

It's a such an interesting read, it makes you ask yourself a lot of questions.

The Postmortal

But I should warn you - it's a depressing book and some may find it surprising that it's a very depressing topic. The more you dive into it and the question about whether or not it's a good thing, you realize it's not, it would be terrible for this planet as of right now (that could certainly change though in future generations). But despite this it's a very engaging read.
                      Last edited by ИATAS; 04-02-2017, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X