Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to get the street rod inspected. That's always fun...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
    The thing that keeps me from just selling it is that the body is in immaculate condition and it has the original motor. The interior is garbage but that can be redone. The major things are is getting the engine back to original working condition, redoing the interior and repainting the thing. But my heart wants to go big and put a brand new engine and restore into a fast badass Mustang. But in a way i want to also just restore it back to factory original.
    Mine didn't have matching numbers. Two owners previous they had done something REALLY stupid that resulted in a cracked block. So it had a new block. The trans also was in such bad shape it needed a new one, so it didn't have matching numbers either.

So I did what I wanted on it, really. We put a Pony interior in it, aftermarket stereo, mag wheels with different sized tires (stock ones are like pizza cutters). We also put air shocks on the rear (NOT hydraulics). Those cars tend to 'sag', and with the tires on it the wheel wells scraped them on large bumps. The air shocks stopped that.

Comment

Working...
    X