Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Bostonguy look/talk/write smart enough to pass his CPA exam?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    so can you, for example, make some necklace in your house to sell to your friends or neighbors and claim all your house bills as deductions?
    I provided you with the IRS tax publication - read it, you're a smart guy

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      I provided you with the IRS tax publication - read it, you're a smart guy
      BG why are you lying to the guy

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
        The requirement is to not ban any trolling & supremacy bull**** in NSB. Makes me sick every time I go into a thread.
        Someone should go to therealpugilist's house and strangle him to death, he doesn't deserve to breathe. This POS should've been in that London crowd today. Never has he made a post that didn't contain veiled racism.
        Interesting, I never see you bitch moan or complain at Freedom, Hype Job, or Jubei's posts. Wonder why...

On topic of course BG passed. A man with his refined taste in women could do nothing but win in this world.
        Last edited by SkillspayBills; 03-25-2017, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          If you are in a trade or business and you use a portion of your home to generate income then you can deduct a portion of the direct and indirect household expenses e.g. utilities, repairs & maintenance, depreciation, etc. If you are employed and work at home for the convenience of your employer then you may qualify for deduction. Without knowing all your facts and circumstance, I cannot determine if you qualify or not. Here is a link to IRS Publication 587 "Business Use of Your Home"

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p587.pdf

I want to go to work for a venture capital firm as corporate controller. I know how to do all the accounting but right now I don't have "an in." I need to build my network, practice my interpersonal and sales skills to nail the interview.

Deprecation is the allocation of expense of a fixed asset like equipment, building, vehicles, etc.

Amortization (or amortisation as Brits spell it) is the allocation of expense of intangible assets such as software costs, patents, customer lists, assembled workforce, etc.

Depends what your financial or tax reporting objective is. FIFO is a balance sheet approach that reports inventories at their approximate current costs. LIFO is an income statement approach that more closely matches current costs against current revenues. But FIFO is more popular an inventory method as it is easier to keep track of.
          Armotization is to kill.
          Where an asset has no residual value at the end of its useful economic life we armotize it, if it has a residual value we depreciate it. Since intangibles have no residual value we armotize them. Tangible assets meanwhile have residual value and so they get depreciated. I will understand however if you disagree and quiet a lot of people will disagree.

Congratulations on passing the CPA, it's not a walk in the park.

Comment

Working...
          X